Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bryan Adams/Def Leppard Tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bryan Adams/Def Leppard Tour  (Read 29570 times)
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2005, 11:57:14 PM »

nah...they will keep releasing albums....

Why should I believe what you say anyway? Their history speaks for itself. X was not my favorite, but still good none-the-less. They are still puttin' albums out and will for a long time.

If you want to believe me or not it doesn't matter,  I myself dont believe half of the stuff people post about meeting rock stars but i did meet Phil, nonetheless and that is what he said.

I agree with you X was not my favorite but there was some good stuff on there, I still say that album if properly promoted would have been huge because pretty much everything on there is single material give or take a few songs.

I hope they do continue to release albums because i do enjoy there music, I just find it disappointing that they are pretty much rehashing Vault with an additional cd of rock tracks, and touring minor league ball parks with Bryan Adams. I would rather see a new studio record and a tour to support that.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 09:45:17 PM »

Just scored 4th row tickets to the Tampa show in June!!! Killer!!!

Tesla will open.

St Pete Times forum is the venue!!

Kick ass!!!!!
journey
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005, 09:54:22 PM »

Tesla will open.

Kick ass!!!!!

Cool!

I'm jealous!  Tongue
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2005, 10:31:44 PM »

Tesla will open.

Kick ass!!!!!

Cool!

I'm jealous!? Tongue

I will report back in 6 weeks.... peace
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 07:16:02 PM »

def leppard is the one of my first rock bands.Great band.

Bryan Adams is great musican.

That will be a great tour

I have never seen so many tree
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2005, 10:49:19 PM »

Bryan catches a lot of crap (actually so does DL) but he is pretty good I think. Been around for 20 some years, how many crap artists now will be able to say that in 20?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 04:00:16 PM »

DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott has posted the following message at the band's official web site:

"Hello, you lovely people!! I thought I'd just give you a quick update on what's going on as we prepare for this summer's tour... First of all, it's true what they say about sitting in front a computer screen all day ? at the age of 45 my short vision is starting to blur... I blame this thing!!

"Been busy for weeks now prepping for the tour, warming up, working out, talking to production people, merchandise, travel, you name it. And the second I sit down Uncle Malvin wanders in with a question or ten about one thing or another. Been busy in the studio too! In fact, I still am. I'll be in there tonight finishing off some bits for our covers CD (for any of you out there who ever doubted me...), a couple of vocal things to 'tidy up' plus a few handclaps etc. We'll be leaving the final mix of the album in the very capable hands of Ronan, our co-producer AND thankfully once again, out front sound engineer for the tour!

"I'm flying out to L.A. tomorrow to catch up with everybody, but the fun and games will have to wait a day as Thursday sees us doing press ? starting at 6.45 AM! Why do we do this??!! Well, all joking aside, you only get out what you put in, and no matter how hard I try, I can't figure out any way at all of doing breakfast radio live without actually being there.

"We'll rehearse the songs for a week or so before flying out to New York to do 'The Today Show' (again, at about the same hour!) Then we fly straight out to Portland for production rehearsals where we'll meet up with the rest of our crew (and hopefully Ronan will be bringing the finished mixes of the new album with him.)

"So there you go.....And there I go, as Ro has just given me that knowing look..... So while I go and finish off my last additions to what I think, will be a nice little addition to our catalogue (and I must add, A LOT OF FUN TO DO on and off over the last year or so!)

"I wish you well and hope to see you out there in the crowd somewhere this summer!

"Love 'n' peace baby..... YEAH!!"

DEF LEPPARD will tour minor league baseball stadiums with BRYAN ADAMS, beginning on June 1 in Portland, Oregon. DEF LEPPARD will play several shows of its own during the summer as well.

DEF LEPPARD's compilation, "Rock of Ages: The Definitive Collection", was released on Tuesday (May 17).

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2005, 02:30:55 PM »

DEF LEPPARD's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"By now, most of you know that the next DEF LEPPARD album will be a collection of cover tunes from (mostly) '70s hits, and some of you may have read in various interviews that the album is scheduled for release in the fall of this year. While the final tracklisting is still the subject of debate, we are happy to tell you that the band has given us the green light to announce the title of the album. It's short n' sweet, quite to-the-point and 'in your face' and it reflects the very essence of rock n' roll. DEF LEPPARD's new album will simply be called..... 'YEAH!'"

As previously reported, DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen recently told Billboard.com that the song list for the group's yet-to-be titled all-covers set has yet to be finalized, as the group decided to record more cuts than it originally planned. Collen admits that the idea for the project was first hatched years ago. "Joe [Elliott, vocals] has been wanting to do it for like 20 years," he says. "He's like, 'Oh, it'll be great, like [DAVID BOWIE's] 'Pin-Ups'!' Someone mentioned it at the label and we just jumped on it. We kind of had a list for years anyway."

Collen confirmed that the album will include "A bunch of stuff ? all '70s stuff. Most of it is songs that we grew up with in England. 'No Matter What' by BADFINGER is going to be the leadoff single. We've done 'Waterloo Sunset' by THE KINKS, T. REX, MOTT THE HOOPLE, ROXY MUSIC and THIN LIZZY. And a lot of it is obscure; it's not the standard stuff. It's not like STONES or BEATLES songs."

As for the musical approach, Collen said, "They vary. Some of them are like we've kept almost karaoke versions, [while] other ones are completely different. It's not any one thing; it's however we felt for each song, really."

Here are tracks that have been recorded for the all-covers album:

"10538 Overture" (ELO)
"20th Century Boy" (T. REX)
"Don't Believe a Word" (THIN LIZZY)
"Drive in Saturday" (DAVID BOWIE)
"Hanging on the Telephone" (BLONDIE)
"Hellraiser" (SWEET)
"He's Gonna Step on You Again" (JOHN KONGOS)
"No Matter What" (BADFINGER)
"Little Bit of Love" (FREE)
"Rock On" (DAVID ESSEX)
"Stay With Me" (THE FACES)
"Street Life" (ROXY MUSIC)
"The Golden Age of Rock & Roll" (MOTT THE HOOPLE)
"Waterloo Sunset" (THE KINKS)
"American Girl" (TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS)
"Heartbeat" (JOBRIATH)
"How Does It Feel" (SLADE)
"Kick Out the Jams" (MC5)
"Roxanne" (THE POLICE)
"Dear Friends" (QUEEN)
"When I'm Dead and Gone" (MCGUINNESS FLINT)
"Winter Song" (LINDISFARNE)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2005, 11:05:37 AM »

DEF LEPPARD have set a September 20 worldwide release date for their all-covers set, entitled "YEAH!"

As previously reported, DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen recently told Billboard.com that the song list for the group's all-covers set has yet to be finalized, as the group decided to record more cuts than it originally planned.

Collen confirmed that the album will include "A bunch of stuff ? all '70s stuff. Most of it is songs that we grew up with in England. 'No Matter What' by BADFINGER is going to be the leadoff single. We've done 'Waterloo Sunset' by THE KINKS, T. REX, MOTT THE HOOPLE, ROXY MUSIC and THIN LIZZY. And a lot of it is obscure; it's not the standard stuff. It's not like STONES or BEATLES songs."

As for the musical approach, Collen said, "They vary. Some of them are like we've kept almost karaoke versions, [while] other ones are completely different. It's not any one thing; it's however we felt for each song, really."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2005, 11:06:25 AM »

In other news, DEF LEPPARD's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"North American fans have been wondering if their 'Rock of Ages' hits collection would be accompanied by a DVD collection ? just like in the rest of the world, when 'Best of Def Leppard' was released simultanously on CD and DVD last year. We can now confirm that a DVD will be released in North America before the end of the year, featuring all of the band's promo videos, plus a number of extras. Title and exact release date to be determined."

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2005, 11:14:28 AM »

A covers album, bah, they should be trying to hit the big time again - a covers album seems like an easy option

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

A covers album, bah, they should be trying to hit the big time again - a covers album seems like an easy option

Maybe they are just doing this for a release. No pressure, just fun, then get back to creating new music.

And...

Nice easy paycheck too.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2005, 04:29:58 PM »

Maybe they are just doing this for a release. No pressure, just fun, then get back to creating new music.

And...

Nice easy paycheck too.

Well i'll be buying it, i'm sure it will be great

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2005, 01:35:13 AM »

Honestly, they could not release anything new for the next several years and I'd always go to see them when they came around. It would not matter to me.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2005, 05:02:45 PM »

DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"Well, we're off! As usual, there's too much to do and not enough time to do it in, but the LEPPARD juggernaut is up and running!

"After Saturday's first day of rehearsals, yesterday was a day spent shooting footage to be included on the North American release of the 'Best Of'/'Rock of Ages' DVD. We shot 6 songs fully live in the rehearsal facility plus some 'B-roll' sort of back up footage if you like. Went well enough, so we'll see how it all turned out in a week or so.

"Today will see us doing much the same thing as well as running through the extra songs we're going to need for the shows we'll be doing with TESLA. We'll be working on some stuff we haven't played for a while and even some stuff we haven't played ever! So perhaps there's a few surprises in store, hopefully ? including maybe one or two songs off the upcoming 'Yeah!' album (can we still call it an 'album', when vinyl's pretty much dead?) which will be released on September 20th. That's two albums out in four months, with a tour in between! Have we ever been so active?! Well, I suppose after a year off, we kinda need to be!

"There's an old analogy that goes like this: Take a look at the swan; above, all calm and still, but underneath flapping like the clappers! Well, that's us right now; oozing rockstar cool at every given opportunity, but secretly wondering/worrying if it's all going to be ready in time! It'll turn your hair grey and will add to the worry lines, but truth be told, I guess we wouldn't have it any other way. It certainly beats working for a living (yeah right!)

"See you down the road somewhere I hope..."

DEF LEPPARD will tour minor league baseball stadiums with BRYAN ADAMS, beginning on June 1 in Portland, Oregon. DEF LEPPARD will play several shows of their own during the summer as well.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2005, 01:11:54 PM »

DEF LEPPARD revealed on Wednesday night's (May 25) edition of "Rockline" that they have wrapped up a three-day video shoot for "No Matter What". Along with the shoot, the band have spent the last few days rehearsing, doing press for print and TV media and shooting footage for their new greatest-hits DVD to be released later this year.

In other news, DEF LEPPARD's "Rock of Ages: The Definitive Collection" sold 11,900 copies in Canada in its first week of release to debut at No. 3 on the national album chart.

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2005, 10:14:08 PM »

I guess I have to eat my words and be a hypocrite. I initially wasn't going to buy the new compliation but it was on sale at Wal-Mart for 13.99, you can't beat that for a double disk, at anyrate i was really surprised at how well it is put together. Disk 2 is killer and the remastering absolutely kicks ass on the High n Dry stuff. I guess it kinda renewed my interest in the band. I think the cover of No Matter What is done really well , it is a good cover. I am kinda looking forward to the YEAH! covers album, it may just turn into one of those off the wall projects that fools everyone and becomes a hit.

I am going to see them with Tesla on the 23rd, scored some pretty good seats, anyone else going to the gig at Chevrolet amp ? I seen VR there a few weeks ago and it is by far the best place to catch a gig in Pittsburgh. ok
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2005, 10:25:10 PM »

And...

Nice easy paycheck too.

I agree, it isn't like they need the cash. I bet they had a blast recording it as well. I am excited for this, I have read that they all sing lead on a track minus Rick Allen that should be cool, because all of those guys can sing, especially Viv Campbell.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2005, 03:38:41 PM »

DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott recently told the New York Times that, if all goes as planned, the band's summer tour with BRYAN ADAMS and their upcoming all-covers album will succeed in bolstering the band's popularity, which has slipped since the 1980s heyday of multiplatinum albums such as "Pyromania" (1983) and "Hysteria" (1987).

"It's a great way of reintroducing us, I think, to the masses who may have forgotten we exist," the 45-year-old Elliott said. "The hardcore we're fine with, they're good. But it's the ones who stop you in the airport and go, 'Hey, you guys still around?' This kind of lets them know we still are, on a slightly bigger scale."

Recent DEF LEPPARD albums such as "Slang" (1996), "Euphoria" (1999) and "X" (2002) haven't added additional platinum to the walls of Elliott, drummer Rick Allen, bassist Rick Savage and guitarists Phil Collen and Vivian Campbell ? which, Elliott says, isn't so surprising.

"It's human nature not to latch onto new stuff," the singer said. "Let's be honest, not many people go to see a ROLLING STONES concert hoping that they're going to play something off the new album, and that's no disrespect to the STONES at all. But most people go to see 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' and 'Satisfaction' and 'Brown Sugar', and that's just the sad, tragic fact.

"It's hard to listen to the new stuff," Elliott said, "because you can't get the old stuff out of your head. I think the only artists that have managed to kind of buck that trend are U2 and STING. That's all I can think of off the top of my head."

Elliott said that he expects some new material to emerge from rehearsals for DEF LEPPARD's summer tour.

"It's one of those things we'll probably do in the evening, when we're just chatting, and we'll play each other the demos we've got," Elliott said. "We're constantly working. It's like the analogy of the old swan: It's all beautiful and serene on top but, if you look underneath the water, there's things flapping around at 50 miles per hour.

"That's what we're like, always splashing around and working on something or other."

SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2005, 06:22:28 PM »

He is right. It is hard to take in the new stuff for most people. I have always loved their music, no matter what direction they go in.

I think they work hard, they never have stopped touring. I am seeing them in two weeks, my 4th time in as many years. For a band that is 25 yrs old, that is pretty busy. Hope they'll put out some new material in the next few years.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: