Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:38:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  L.A Guns
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: L.A Guns  (Read 22968 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2005, 02:14:38 AM »

Actually Steve Riley didn't drum on the first L.A. Guns album.  If you'll look at the liner notes, it lists Steve as the drummer of the band, but it also says "all drum tracks played by Nickey Alexander" right below where it lists the band.  Wow, I'm a real loser for knowing that.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2005, 10:41:43 AM »

they fucking rock. i dont own their albums, ive only hurd the songs on 80srockstars.net

i love i wanna be your man and Showdown (Riot on Sunset)

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
RichardNixon
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2005, 09:57:15 AM »

Actually Steve Riley didn't drum on the first L.A. Guns album.? If you'll look at the liner notes, it lists Steve as the drummer of the band, but it also says "all drum tracks played by Nickey Alexander" right below where it lists the band.? Wow, I'm a real loser for knowing that.

So that means there isn't one member of the LA Guns who played on every album.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2005, 10:40:32 PM »

Nope, not one member.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
RichardNixon
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2005, 09:53:17 AM »

I bet Tracii has some demos w/Axl Rose. Either pre-Slash GN'R or very early LA guns. I'd love to hear them.
dr_loaded
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2005, 09:23:29 AM »

has anyone picked up this album yet? if so i'd like to hear what guns n roses fans make of the new album.

you can hear 2 tracks on www.myspace.com/lagunsnet

the first track "it dont mean nothin" has a velvet revolver feel to it like do it for the kids.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2005, 09:25:52 AM »

Moved in 10 , 9 , 8 , 7 , 6 , 5 ...

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2005, 03:03:40 PM »

Yeah, this album is awesome.  Its not quite as good as Waking The Dead, but still some of L.A. Guns best work.  They can definitely still get it done without Tracii.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2005, 01:51:52 AM »

i like it ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2005, 04:50:19 PM »

Guitarist Tracii Guns has reunited THE ORIGINAL L.A. GUNS with the following lineup: Paul Black - vocals, Tracii Guns - guitar, Nickey Alexander - drums, Mick Cripps - guitar and Kelly Nickels - bass. The band are set to hit the road next year. The following dates, minus venues, have already been leaked: January 25 - Las Vegas 26 - San Diego 27 - Los Angeles 28 - San Francisco. February 1 - Portland 2 - Seattle 4 - Tahoe 5 - Reno. Apparently The Original L.A. Guns will not interfere with Tracii Guns' commitments to BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION.
RichardNixon
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2005, 05:25:45 AM »

Guitarist Tracii Guns has reunited THE ORIGINAL L.A. GUNS with the following lineup: Paul Black - vocals, Tracii Guns - guitar, Nickey Alexander - drums, Mick Cripps - guitar and Kelly Nickels - bass. The band are set to hit the road next year. The following dates, minus venues, have already been leaked: January 25 - Las Vegas 26 - San Diego 27 - Los Angeles 28 - San Francisco. February 1 - Portland 2 - Seattle 4 - Tahoe 5 - Reno. Apparently The Original L.A. Guns will not interfere with Tracii Guns' commitments to BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION.

Wait, so will there be two LA Guns? ?The LA Guns? and ?The original LA Guns.?? How spinal tap is that? That?s like RATT and Stephan Pearcy?s RATT.

Btw, the new Brides of Destruction CD sucks.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2005, 06:22:04 AM »

Didn't realise it was out....and without Nikki Sixx its not much of a surprise

Quick! To the bandwagon!
RichardNixon
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2005, 06:56:09 AM »

No hooks, sounds forced. Tracii is better than that. The new LA Guns CD (without Tracii) is pretty good.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2005, 08:59:53 AM »

Well i know it was coming out in Japan early so i am not sure about it being out worldwide, i downloaded a copy the other week though and unfortunately Nixon's spot on....it sucks! Very bland!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2005, 10:22:11 AM »

Oh dear - wonder what went wrong, i guess Tracii got distracted. Now he's with LA guns again.....a connection? Maybe he's leaving a sinking ship

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2005, 11:46:37 AM »

Oh dear - wonder what went wrong, i guess Tracii got distracted. Now he's with LA guns again.....a connection? Maybe he's leaving a sinking ship
He said this L.A. Guns thing was only 'temporary' and would NOT interfere with his Brides of Destruction commitments, i would still go and see them live, due to the strong first record, L.A. Guns tracks that will get thrown in there and the fact they should still be a good live act and most probably and a cheap one playing small venues which is just the way i like it.  Anyway i have slagged off many an album considered 'Decent'....it might be a success...you might like it the single White Trash ain't bad and Never Say Never is fait decent.  This album seems to showcase London Le Grande's vocal frailties more, i remember when i saw them live it was damn good but he was the weak link, he had the look and attitude but lacks the range...

I'll give them album a few more listens then write a proper review in The Brides thread so you have a more detailed idea of what it's like..
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2005, 02:50:09 PM »

Tracii Guns is a fuckin' loser.  If he wants to be back in L.A. Guns he should just go back with Phil.  I refuse to recognize this Original L.A. Guns.  Phil's L.A. Guns is the true L.A. Guns in my eyes.  That Paul Black dude sucks anyway.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
RichardNixon
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2005, 07:52:09 PM »

A new CD just came out titled "Paul Black's LA Guns...Blacklisted." It's a bunch of demos from the late 80s. Cool picture of Paul and Axl in the booklet. Would love to hear those LA Guns w/Axl demos.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2005, 09:54:11 PM »

LA guns is a kilar band in my opinion my fav song is electric gypsy . I listened to them all the way to North carolina once and they rocked to bad i got sick of them after a bit

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2005, 04:35:40 AM »

Yeah, hearing Axl with L.A. Guns would be pretty cool.  I've heard a Paul Black Guns song and it really wasn't too good.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: