Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:13:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Rock Star Supernova
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Star Supernova  (Read 19317 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »

The whole situation reminds me of Contraband to a much worse degree.

Loads of potential, but an overall lack of substance when it comes to the original material.

Contraband as in the VR album?? If so, I'm totally with you on the unrealized potential angle...

Yes, I meant Contraband as in VR's album. Sorry, I should have been more clear what I meant Smiley

I thought as much, but since there's a band or two that uses the name, I wanted to make sure.  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels the same about VR's debut.  Perhaps Libertad will be pleasantly surprising...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2007, 09:00:11 PM »

Loads of potential, but an overall lack of substance when it comes to the original material.

Contraband as in the VR album?? If so, I'm totally with you on the unrealized potential angle...

Yes, I meant Contraband as in VR's album. Sorry, I should have been more clear what I meant Smiley

I thought as much, but since there's a band or two that uses the name, I wanted to make sure.? I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels the same about VR's debut.? Perhaps Libertad will be pleasantly surprising...

If it ever comes together...for some reason I betcha' we'll be blasting Chinese Democracy before Libertad in our stereos Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2007, 09:24:28 PM »

I thought as much, but since there's a band or two that uses the name, I wanted to make sure.? I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels the same about VR's debut.? Perhaps Libertad will be pleasantly surprising...

If it ever comes together...for some reason I betcha' we'll be blasting Chinese Democracy before Libertad in our stereos Wink

God, I hope so...   beer
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2007, 06:17:45 AM »

I love Contraband, I listened to it a year straight without it ever leaving my CD player.

I dont understand why people dont like it.............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2007, 06:30:12 AM »

I love Contraband, I listened to it a year straight without it ever leaving my CD player.

For me It's mainly because of Scott Weiland's voice. And also there's no song on that album that get to me.

I've not followed the Rock Star show, but I've seen several performances on YouTube and I've seen their first videoclip. I'm just sad to see three guys that made it big once doing reality TV. And to be honest, their frontman, the Lukas Rossi whatever his name is, well ... he looks like an emo kid who played too much with mum's make-up.

He stands strangely when he's onstage and I hate his voice.

That show, IMO, makes Newsted, Lee and Clarke look like has been.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2007, 06:46:38 AM »

For me It's mainly because of Scott Weiland's voice. And also there's no song on that album that get to me.

I've not followed the Rock Star show, but I've seen several performances on YouTube and I've seen their first videoclip. I'm just sad to see three guys that made it big once doing reality TV. And to be honest, their frontman, the Lukas Rossi whatever his name is, well ... he looks like an emo kid who played too much with mum's make-up.

He stands strangely when he's onstage and I hate his voice.

That show, IMO, makes Newsted, Lee and Clarke look like has been.

Good point, and I agree with that.  I don't think Lukas is really that bad, but he just seems to be a one-trick pony in terms of voice and stage presence.  I doubt that we'll see more than one album from these guys.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2007, 02:34:08 PM »

I think You Got No Right is a great rock track that Im sure Axl would absolutely own, while Loving the Alien is an alright track too...but once again, I think there is alot of "fluff" on there Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2007, 11:05:02 PM »

I agree 100% At first I was not impressed, but after seeing VR live, I loved the album and could not stop. I don't get what people don't like. It  is excellent.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »

And to me, it's just mediocre.  It did a passable job of filling the void left by Guns, but little more.  And, given the lineup and history of the band members involved in VR, I guess my expectations were just too high.

Unlike Supernova, where my expectations were little to none...   hihi
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2007, 08:49:33 AM »

I think Supernova is better than VR peace

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2007, 03:36:20 PM »

Ouch.  That bad, they're not (VR, that is).
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2007, 07:41:10 PM »

Ouch.  That bad, they're not (VR, that is).

After their crappy New Years performance, I have lost all hope in Supernova.
Linuc
Headliner

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2007, 06:41:11 AM »

I haven't seen Supernova live, but I will if they come to Sweden. But I think their album is better then Contraband. I think...

Swedish Guns N' Roses-site & forum:
http://www.gnrsweden.com/
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2007, 10:55:46 AM »

Ouch.? That bad, they're not (VR, that is).

well, VR plain suck

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2007, 03:30:58 PM »

That's not possible considering VR are a real band with ex-GNR members (remember them?) and Supernove is no better than X-Factor.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2007, 04:41:40 PM »

Ouch.? That bad, they're not (VR, that is).

After their crappy New Years performance, I have lost all hope in Supernova.

did you go see the show?

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2007, 08:12:10 PM »

ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA will perform "Can't Bring Myself to Light This Fuse" and a bit of "Headspin" acoustically Monday morning (January 29) on "Live with Regis and Kelly". ROCK STAR drummer Tommy Lee (of M?TLEY CR?E fame) will play piano for the first time ever on live national TV.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2007, 09:07:11 PM »

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01282007/entertainment/music/supernova_implodes_music_larry_getlen.htm

SUPERNOVA IMPLODES
BAND ALERT: HOW TO AVOID THE 'ROCK STAR' CRASH AND BURN
By LARRY GETLEN

CHEERS, EH: Toronto native Lukas Rossi was chosen to be the lead singer of RS: Supernova.

January 28, 2007 -- Rock Star: Supernova, the latest spawn of reality guru Mark Burnett's Rock Star franchise, had all the earmarks of a true supergroup - members from Motley Crue, Metallica and Guns N' Roses; a high-profile personality in drummer Tommy Lee; and a predecessor in INXS, whose "Rock Star" success with lead singer, J.D. Fortune, garnered a Top 20 album and a sold-out tour.
But instead, their self-titled debut album failed to crack Billboard's Top 100, and as of this week, almost five months after tickets went on sale, good seats were still available for their shows in Worchester, Philadelphia and New York, including 11th row seats for this Wednesday's show at Radio City.
We hope the following tips will save future "Rock Star" participants from becoming "Rock Star: What the Hell Happened?"
Research Your Name
Initially monikered just Supernova, the band had to switch when it turned out another Supernova had established use, leaving them with their current, unfortunate tag. Is there anything less hip then screaming, "Look at us, we're rock stars!"
Fill your Supergroup with actual SuperStars
Two of the three supposed superstars - GN'R's Gilby Clarke and Metallica's Jason Newstead - were late-inning replacements that put virtually no stamp on the sound of their legendary bands. And while Lee's spinning drum kit was a Crue legacy, Nikki Sixx and Mick Mars were largely responsible for the Crue's feelgood tunes.
Act Your Age
If you're gonna serve as mentors to a new generation, make sure your lead guy didn't spend the year bringing creepy back. Was there a moment more icky than 44-year-old Tommy Lee drooling over 17-year-old cheerleader Hayden Panettiere on the VH1 Big in '06 Awards?
Check a Calendar
Supernova's album actually rocks - if it's 1988. When contest winner Lukas Rossi chants "yeah, yeah, yeah" in "Leave the Lights On," you're left waiting for the Robert Palmer girls to emerge. It's 2007, guys - check out Pitchfork and brush up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2007, 05:06:30 PM »

Cant Bring Myself To Light this fuse so unds like it could be a great song if Lukas didnt mumble all the fucking words..............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2007, 09:23:12 PM »

They've been gettin bashed after every stop on their tour hihi
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: