Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:02:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  List 5 underrated/overrated bands
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: List 5 underrated/overrated bands  (Read 16264 times)
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 06:52:57 PM »

Overrated:

1. Coldplay - ugh he makes me want to poke flaming knives into my ears whenever I hear him sing

2. Nirvana - never liked them when they first came out...still not a fan.  If Cobain was still alive, they would be as relevant as Cheeze Whiz

3. Nickelback - You all bitch about hearing them too much in the US or Europe or wherever...try being in Canada where radio stations are mandated to play 30% Canadian music every hour.

4. U2 - can't really add to this one more than others have said.  Bono is a dick.

5. Arcade Fire -  I just don't "get" them...

Underrated:

1. Izzy Stradlin - His importance and song writing contribution to GnR is evident since his departure.  I recommend everyone listen to his 6 solo releases.  Great library of music.  Looking forward to a new one.

2. The Tragically Hip - Not many people know of them outside of Canada...it's a shame as they are a great band and Gord Downie an amazing lyricist.

3. The Headstones - Again no one outside of Canada probably knows who they are.  Great punk/rock band.

4. Judas Priest - They made great music and I think they get lost because they have been around so long.

5. Foo Fighters - Dave Grohl's post-Nirvana band kicks some serious ass.   He is a great song writer and his voice is very underrated.

...just my $0.02

Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »

?
Pink Floyd
---Yeah, it's tough to justify this one, but I'm going with this fact: as popular as this band is, they have about six GREAT albums that get NO radio play.? Most bands don't even have ONE great album.
Where do you live? I have like 3 stations here in TN (U.S.) that play them a lot!

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 08:08:16 PM »

over
1) nirvana- i think PJ, AIC, Soundgarden are all way better.. sick of them being at the top of any countdown
2) U2
3) prince
4) twisted sister.. not sure if they are over rated or not.. i just can't stand dee snyder
5) green day

under
1) buckcherry- one of my fav bands.. 3 solid albums under their belt..and most people still don't even know who they are.. they need better marketing..
2) NIN pretty hate should more credit for changing music than it does
3) Skid Row- they always get the "hairband" lable..but they were much heavier than any hairband..
4) THe big nasty- little known band but have seen them a few times and go there album on itunes.. like buckcherry they rock
5)creed- they are a glorified Itchy Fish... Itchy Fish was a pretty popular PJ cover band in the northeast FYI
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2007, 08:54:35 PM »

Underrated bands/artists:

01- George Harrison: he was as brilliant as John or Paul, and he prooved it not only in The Beatles; his solo discography is fantastic, with incredible songs like ''What Is Life'' or ''Between The Devil And The Deep Blue See''.

02- Malcolm Young: in my opinion, the best rock rhythm guitarist of all times, maybe overshadowed by huge names like Bon Scott, Angus Young and Brian Johnson.

03- Buckethead: one of the top 3 alive guitarists, the best of all the guitarists that have played in GNR by far, and his albums, at least in my country, are almost impossible fo find.

04/04/05: The Psychedelic Furs, Papa Roach, Evanescence.

Overrated:

01- U2: they dont release a decent album since ''Achtung Baby'' and people still sellout every stadium they do. That last song ''The Saints Are Coming'' with Green Day is the most horrible thing I've ever heard. And I hate when Bono pretends he's some kind of peace leader... less cheap chat and more music...

02- Coldplay: I find Colplay songs impossible to make them more boring...

03- Sex Pistols: I will never understand how such a mediocre band like this one is considered as a ''legend'' in rock history.

04- Robbie Williams: The only good song I see in his discography its a cover (She's The One), and then a lot of trash after trash. His ''rudebox'' song is even more horrible than ''The Saints Are Coming''. He also sellouts everywhere he goes...

05- Motley Crue: I dont like it at all. I love all the other bands that you may say '' if you like Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Kiss, AC/DC, etc, you may like Motley Crue''. But not me.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GeraldFord
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2007, 10:04:50 PM »

People here are kinda hard on Coldplay. Maybe not the BEST band ever, but I like them.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2007, 10:10:32 PM »

Underrated
4. Nickleback

Um, I'd hardly say they are underrated, they get way too much radio play here in Australia.
They always seemed like the poor mans Metallica to me. Just don't like them.

i reckon there underrated coz, people write them off coz they sing about love war etc not rock n roll decdance, i like there songs n style honest and to the point, but no-1 seems 2 see this coz, there image doesn't scream rock n roll

I write them off because their songs are pretty bland with stupid lyrics.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2007, 10:16:44 PM »

Overrated:

3. Nickelback - You all bitch about hearing them too much in the US or Europe or wherever...try being in Canada where radio stations are mandated to play 30% Canadian music every hour.

Nickelback are Canadian?  Phew!  Scratch that one off my list of national shames!  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeraldFord
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2007, 10:57:29 PM »

This may not be one of the most underrated bands EVER, but a cool band that doesn't get any credit or props is Black N' Blue.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 12:27:10 AM »

Prince overrated? Have u lost your mind?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2007, 01:00:59 AM »

Overrated-
Alice in Chains
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
Pantera
The Smashing Pumpkins

Underrated-
Bon Jovi
Hanoi Rocks
KISS
Marilyn Manson
Stone Temple Pilots
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 01:03:00 AM »

over
3) prince

Impossible. You can't rate Prince high enough, let alone overrate him.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007, 01:10:04 AM »

Underrated:

1.  UFO
2. Thin Lizzy
3. Dire Straits
4. Alice In Chains
5. Buckethead

Overrated:

1. Nirvana
2. U2
3. Green Day
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Nickelback

Fuck 'Em All.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007, 07:23:09 AM »

Underrated:

1. Siouxsie and the Banshees - the mother of Punk (sorry nena!)
2. The Sex Pistols - wot they stood for!
3. Adam and the Ants - such rythmic drum playing (ok, stolen from Wa Ne Ne)
4. Ah Ha - great 80's sound (in Oz we only got 'Take on Me' & 'Sun Always Shines on TV')
5. Spandau Ballet (my wildcard)

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2007, 10:26:10 AM »

over
vr
u2
evenesence (how ever you fucking spell it)
Nirvan
fall down fags

under
Alice in chains
New gnr (people need to see this new line up)
NIN
Seb. Bachs band
Stewie Griffin -- http://youtube.com/watch?v=0hapxhdAdhU&mode=related&search=
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:19:16 PM by JB9988 » Logged

slash411
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »

underrated:
PEARL JAM!!!!!!!  People seem to think they're old stuff is better... yeah right!!!  This is one band that gets better and better... and it has nothing to do with not doing videos, they have some.  It has nothing also to do with ticketmaster, that is a long lost battle years ago.

overrated:
Nickelback, Pantera, Stxy, RATT, Poison and all the other crap like Bon Jovi that you losers put on here.  Good lord I can't believe people think Nickelback is good. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2007, 07:06:27 PM »

underrated:
PEARL JAM!!!!!!!  People seem to think they're old stuff is better... yeah right!!!  This is one band that gets better and better... and it has nothing to do with not doing videos, they have some.  It has nothing also to do with ticketmaster, that is a long lost battle years ago.

overrated:
Nickelback, Pantera, Stxy, RATT, Poison and all the other crap like Bon Jovi that you losers put on here.  Good lord I can't believe people think Nickelback is good. Ha!

a band who go from playing decent rock to the equivilent of indie, is why there earlier stuff is better.

and what are you on, RATT, pantera and even posino piss over pearl jam who only did 2 decent albums.

html sucks
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2007, 10:12:53 PM »

Overrated:

Pattie Smith
The Rolling Stones
Kiss
Pearl Jam
My Chemical Romance

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
slash411
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2007, 02:25:02 AM »

a band who go from playing decent rock to the equivilent of indie, is why there earlier stuff is better.

and what are you on, RATT, pantera and even posino piss over pearl jam who only did 2 decent albums.

I just have my own opinion, don't call me out personally... but jesus you like RATT and whoever posino is supposed to be.  Get a life and figure out what good music is.  Get out of the eighties, respect a band that still releases albums and shows up for their tours and then tell me how good RATT, Nickelback, Poison and any other hair band you'd like to refute to me loser!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2007, 06:25:42 AM »

I think that I will take Coldplay off my overrated list. The piano is very nice. There should be rock bands that include piano.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2007, 08:32:59 AM »

Underrated:
1. Bon Jovi: just cause of the era they came out in and Jon's looks, they will never get the recognition they deserve as being one of the GREATEST bands of all time. The longetivity speaks for itself.

2. Kiss Their stage show overshadows what amazing music they have. Their first album alone is one of the greatest albums in rock history not to mention Destroyer, Love Gun, Creatures of The Night and Kiss Revenge is a damn great album that everyone should hear. Its one of the best rock records of the 90's.

3.Warrant: They have some great songs especially on the Dog Eat Dog album.Cherry Pie was their biggest hit but also destroyed their credibility and career.

4. Megadeth: Never understood why they werent as famous as Metallica

5. Stone Temple Pilots My personal favorite band of the Grunge Era who I think don't get the recognition they deserve as being a truly great band.

Dude you live in KY, and so do I, I find myself so simulair to you it is amazing. I agree mostly with what you said and especially about WARRANT. Here is my list...

Overrated:
1. U2 - I hate this band, Bono's voice kills me on most songs. "With ot Without You" is nice though.
2. Ac/Dc - They have like 20 albums, I don't care who you are, that is too many... rock music burns out after about 6-8 albums.
3. Nickelback - They aren't that good, their new album is great though, besides the new album they are average.
4. Fall Out Boy - I hate this band, they are not good and they are so popular OMG
5. Maroon 5 - I hate this band they have 2 songs, and yet they are so great. Their new single is #1 and they havn't done jack for about 3 years solid.

Underrated
1. Tesla - AWESOME band that doesn't get enough credit
2. Buckcherry - SOLID new album and good 1st album
3. Bon Jovi - Been around with 4 or 5 original members forever, and are consistent....
4. Dashboard Confessional - call it emo whatever, great acoustic playing here and great songs
5. Warrant - Have some great tunes, never get noticed.... all people hear in their head is "Cherry Pie" when they had songs like "Heaven", "I saw red", "Uncle Tom's Cabin", "Rainmaker".

Rock out

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: