Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:53:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 324485 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2016, 07:23:02 PM »

I'm still going, but I'm not sure I would have made the decision to go in the first place if it hadn't been advertised as the first show.  They advertised it as such because they perceived value in that.  They were right. It did have value.

I don't get it, you were never going to the LA show. That show is going to be so limited that there is almost a 0% chance you would get tickets. You then have the ability to go to Las Vegas to see them open an arena and play their first large stage performance with what will almost undoubtedly be a much longer set. For example you may be the first to hear The General or something like that, because they play a small set of classic songs tomorrow (if it even happens).

Exactly, I totally understand wanting to be at the first show back for the band, I think all of us would love to be there.  So in that respect I do understand a little mild disappointment, as  a huge fan you want to be there, there's nothing wrong with that.    But the idea that somehow the first show in Vegas is no longer awesome is crazy to me.    Vegas is going to be the first full blown GNR show with Axl, Slash and Duff in 23 years.  I am typing those words and still can't believe that it is going to happen.  It's going to be unreal.

You have to figure they have already played in front of SOMEBODY at this point, so whats the difference if they do it in a club in front of a few hundred more people?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:25:54 PM by Bodhi » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2016, 07:33:38 PM »

I mean..crazy horse too is vegas strip adjacent......:p
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:36:00 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »

Just a few months ago we thought that Axl and Slash would never be on the same stage together and now we're complaining that they're playing an unannounced small gig before embarking on a tour....
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2016, 08:07:07 PM »

Just a few months ago we thought that Axl and Slash would never be on the same stage together and now we're complaining that they're playing an unannounced small gig before embarking on a tour....

but dont you understand... its not the very first show.... this is life changing stuff ok.

Wink
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2016, 08:20:07 PM »

Some of you are out of your minds.

I mean, just off the top of my head :

- Warm up shows before big time tours by big time bands are hardly out of the ordinary.  This is hardly specific to Guns N' Roses.

- You had THAT much invested in the show being the first show.  What the hell do you guys do when a movie opens you can't get to on opening day?  Never see it, for spite?

- This is a warm up show.  Hardly the full monty show you are going to get.  This is like scoring tickets to a preseason football game.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2016, 08:20:38 PM »

hahahahahahahahahahaha

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y. !!!!!!!!!!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2016, 08:24:33 PM »

Van Halen played Cafe Wha here in NYC before their reunion tour and it was the same secretive thing but some locals managed to get in.

VR - El Rey & Smashbox.

We can go on and on. They have to do it. It's obviously not about money with these secret club shows. They need to work out the kinks so that people that paid big bucks to go to Vegas get the show they deserve without any major F ups.  So people going to Vegas should be happy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:27:16 PM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2016, 08:31:31 PM »

They have to do it. It's obviously not about money with these secret club shows. They need to work out the kinks so that people that paid big bucks to go to Vegas get the show they deserve without any major F ups.  So people going to Vegas should be happy

I could not agree more.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2016, 08:31:48 PM »

I can't believe there are people complaining that there may potentially be a Guns N' Roses show.  Go to your shows and have fun.  Don't worry about anything else.

I knew there would still be people complaining about SOMETHING.

Shame on you.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2016, 08:32:14 PM »

Oh this will be great!!  Hope some videos sneak out!
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2016, 08:36:27 PM »

Van Halen played Cafe Wha here in NYC before their reunion tour and it was the same secretive thing but some locals managed to get in.

VR - El Rey & Smashbox.

We can go on and on. They have to do it. It's obviously not about money with these secret club shows. They need to work out the kinks so that people that paid big bucks to go to Vegas get the show they deserve without any major F ups.  So people going to Vegas should be happy

As fans who have not had any GNR for nearly 2 years now... any guns show should be celebrated. Complaining of a small warm up show before your main event gig is pretty embarrassing... there is plenty of things people could level at the band and rightly so.... but this isnt one of them! 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2016, 08:39:29 PM »

Would be cool if they just advertised a surprise show at whatever club with flyers, like in the old days. That shit would go viral.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2016, 08:41:26 PM »

scalpers just started selling tickets on craigslist los angeles for $2500 for the secret gig. But I wouldn't put it past them to scam fans
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:51:05 PM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2016, 08:45:18 PM »

scalpers just are selling tickets on craigslist los angeles for $2500 for the secret gig. But I wouldn't put it past them to scam fans
Supply and demand. People may be willing to take a chance that the rumor is true and throw that kind of cash down for tickets. I don't think I'd be so bold.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2016, 08:46:52 PM »

I think this rumored warm up show will only improve next week's concerts.  In addition to great publicity, it will help the band iron out any wrinkles and rediscover their live chemistry.  For all who attend, have a great time!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:56:55 PM by Tyson » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »

yea either its an insider selling it or scalper scam. If tickets actually went on sale i wouldn't be surprised if people shell out $20 gran for a ticket
Margott22
Opening Act

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2016, 10:52:49 PM »

I'm going to have an anxiety attack from all this!!  nervous  nervous
I'm in L.A. and if this is really happening I hope they release tickets to Nightrain riders first! But with the site not up yet completely, who knows!  confused
Margott
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2016, 10:54:37 PM »

Rumor is the old tower records.  Not sure if thats where you will be able to buy tickets or they will be performing in the parking lot outdoor right on the strip
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2016, 11:03:33 PM »

I'm going to have an anxiety attack from all this!!  nervous  nervous
I'm in L.A. and if this is really happening I hope they release tickets to Nightrain riders first! But with the site not up yet completely, who knows!  confused
Margott

I'm in the same boat. It would be a nice gesture if Los Angeles County Nightrain members get the first opportunity to purchase tickets.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2016, 11:06:29 PM »

Rumor is the old tower records.  Not sure if thats where you will be able to buy tickets or they will be performing in the parking lot outdoor right on the strip

Would be cool.

Elton John did that a few weeks back.

EDIT: Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBB_82MYeqY

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: