Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:13:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler's Appetite EP out now!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler's Appetite EP out now!!!!  (Read 18497 times)
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2005, 11:42:43 AM »

Has anyone in the Uk recieved theirs yet i paid for mine on the 3rd Jan but still nothing  nervous

I live in Washington State and I haven't gotten mine yet, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.  They must have used some SLOW shipping.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2005, 06:04:30 PM »

I am glad that some of you like it, but.... $13 in the US for an EP??  I don't care how limited it is, I refuse to pay that much for an EP with 6 songs on it.

$13 is still not THAT much if you wanna get the EP... It's a limited edition thing.

Not that much?  I am used to buying EP's for 5,6, or 7 bucks.  I like Steven and all but there is no way I will give him my money when he is charging that much.  And $18 for a shirt shipped within the US!!  Come on now.
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2005, 07:08:34 PM »

that's so cool they released it on their own, i'm guessing adler paid for most of it, i think the others make a living out of money but i can't imagine they'd have the cash to fund it?

interesting keri wrote the whole of empty, the lyrics to that i thought were very good, the whole scene of LA in the aftermath of grunge and how it's not like the 80s, y'know? very good imagery of it. at least from the clip!

another interesting thing is the songwriting creds are traditional lyrics and music, cos obviously there was the big thing with the lawsuit for adler about claiming songwriting credits because the rest of them were, and he said he always thought of it being trad. but when he found out they were claiming credit musically he didn't see why he shouldn't too.

personally, i would have thought 'cos all of them were doing it so independently it would be credited to all of them.

absolutely can't wait to see em
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2005, 08:06:17 PM »

pretty interesting you got some sent for promo purposes. who do you work for? i did wonder how they'd get radio play if they were so indie they couldn't afford to send out promo copies but i guess they are. would be nice to hear them get some airplay once they have an album out.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2005, 01:39:38 AM »

pretty interesting you got some sent for promo purposes. who do you work for? i did wonder how they'd get radio play if they were so indie they couldn't afford to send out promo copies but i guess they are. would be nice to hear them get some airplay once they have an album out.

I'm responsible for their shows in Greece...

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2005, 01:48:54 AM »

My favorite song is most likely "Little Dancer", i love the lyrics.

Although I like the line from 99, "Everynight I see the same old girl coincidentally"

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2005, 04:57:52 AM »

that's so cool they released it on their own, i'm guessing adler paid for most of it, i think the others make a living out of money but i can't imagine they'd have the cash to fund it?

interesting keri wrote the whole of empty, the lyrics to that i thought were very good, the whole scene of LA in the aftermath of grunge and how it's not like the 80s, y'know? very good imagery of it. at least from the clip!

another interesting thing is the songwriting creds are traditional lyrics and music, cos obviously there was the big thing with the lawsuit for adler about claiming songwriting credits because the rest of them were, and he said he always thought of it being trad. but when he found out they were claiming credit musically he didn't see why he shouldn't too.

personally, i would have thought 'cos all of them were doing it so independently it would be credited to all of them.

absolutely can't wait to see em

Here's where it's recorded:

http://www.dinkymusic.com/

You can find the rates there aswell, it didn't cost a whole lot of money. I thought I read somewhere that the drums where recorded in the Dinky studio and the guitars and vocals in Keri's home studio. About the songs, Keri said in an interview that he brought the songs in, then showed them to the Steven and Robbie and as they went thru them, re-arranged them and sometimes extended a verse or chorus to fit Jizzy's vocals.

thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2005, 07:22:00 AM »

i suppose thats where the arranged by AA comes in. i remember those interviews. i just wonder how much they had to pay printing etc. suppose if you know you're gonna sell em on tour thhey knew they could probably shift em.

cool re: arranging their shows in greece! do they sell well there?
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2005, 01:10:09 AM »

Finally got my copy last Friday ... can't say that I was floored, but it's pretty good.  Nice to see that they're at least apologetic enough to send an apology for the delay.

Wonder if his former bandmate will try the same tactic ... if/when he gets around to sending out his album  Wink

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Jizzo
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2005, 04:26:18 AM »

i keep making everyone listen to this cd repeatedly

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2005, 11:55:51 AM »

got the EP the other day, I didn't have any expectations, and I was very surprised!
it's kick ass rock n roll! I love it yes

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2005, 09:30:58 PM »

My brothers just picked up a couple of copies from Dudley JB's so I get mine in a weeks time - can't wait

Apparently the gig was 'fuckin wicked' I'm trying to persuade him to join the board and post a review. Stevie hasn't lost his style.

Here today...ready to rock
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2005, 09:00:31 AM »

A pretty Damn Good Ep. I was very surprised about the quality.
I just Saw them yesterday and they fuckin Rocked my world.
Jizzo
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2005, 02:40:02 PM »

i want them to play la again. And not just the malibu fucking inn. Its a 21 and up place, last time the band played there 6 of my friends wanted to go but couldn't

Gemini Guy
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2005, 11:37:10 PM »

I didn't much care for it at first but I am liking it better with repeated listens.  The songs are good but you have to give them a chance before you start liking them.  I think a full length LP will be better because it won't have so many covers.  The covers were easily the weakest links of the EP.
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2005, 02:00:10 PM »

yeah i see what you mean about the covers, they seem the most "filler" style of the EP, but at the same time hollywood provides a change of pace etc that is needed and maybe they didn't have enough time to write it themselves.

personally i like every track, but the more i listen to the album the more i appreciate the new tracks more.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2005, 11:37:27 AM »

wow, this was a nice rock record, i'm really into the singer  beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2005, 06:46:45 PM »

sorry i keep posting this link but it seems not many people know about love/hate!

www.lovehate.com

download the first two albums - blackout in the red room and wasted in america

they're being re-issued next year

fucking amazing
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2005, 07:54:41 PM »

On their forum it says that they didn't come to an agreement with a label for the EP, so they released it on their own.

Well I think that's because nobody was interested.... but nice to hear it's good material

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2005, 08:33:21 PM »

Well I think that's because nobody was interested....

That is not true, and the fact that they sold every copy they printed it proves it.

They had a deal with a record company but they wanted to release something very quick before their European tour. So they produced the EP.

They have some offers from record companies, they'll look into it and when the time is right (when they'll be ready to record the album) they'll choose the best deal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: