Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:20:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler's Appetite Guitarist "You Can't Live In The Past"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler's Appetite Guitarist "You Can't Live In The Past"  (Read 3478 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: July 31, 2009, 01:03:17 PM »

Exclusive: ADLER'S APPETITE Guitarist ALEX GROSSI - "As Much As We All Love Playing "Jungle" Every Night, You Can't Live In The Past"

Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009

ADLER'S APPETITE guitarist Alex Grossi recently spoke to BraveWords.com correspondent Deb Rao regarding a number of topics including details surrounding the upcoming Adler's Appetite release, the upcoming Steven Adler Instructional DVD, and Alex's recent PRS Road show.

Q: Alex, BANG TANGO recently performed at Rocklahoma. What were some of this year's highlights of the festival?

A: "It was a blast with QUIET RIOT in 2007 and just as fun this year. Bang Tango headlined the Strip Stage that they added this year. Despite the heat, all had a good time."

Q: As a band, how inspiring was it to have the BEAUTIFUL CREATURS song 'Freedom' featured in The Proposal? Would you say it is a songwriter's dream to have a song featured in a hit film?

A: "It is always cool to have someone dig what you do, but when you get a check from Walt Disney for something you helped create... well I can't speak for everyone, but I was, and still am, extremely flattered."

Q: What are your future writing plans with Joe Leste?

A: "Joe and I write very well together. We are currently planning to write not only for a new record, but for other artists as well."

Q: You recently wrapped up the second leg of the Adler's Appetite tour. What were some of the highlights of the tour?

A: "Honestly, the whole tour was a blast! Highlights included playing with WARRANT, L.A GUNS (Jizzy was on fire) and LITA FORD in Chicago and then closing the tour with BRET MICHAELS in Minnesota the next day!"

Q: As a musician, what have you learned from performing with Steven Adler?

A: "Steven is not only an icon in the rock world, but one the most gentle souls I have ever met. Even through his share of very well publicized problems, he still keeps a positive attitude towards life, which to me is quite inspiring. If anything, I have learned that ANYTHING is possible! NO ONE thought the new lineup Adler's Appetite would make it this far... 2 US tours, multiple fly-outs, a HUGE run in South America, plus new music on the way. I am very proud of what we have accomplished and even prouder of Steven. He has taught me a lot."

Q: Can you give us any details regarding the upcoming Steven Adler DVD?

A: It's called The Golden Rule Of Drumming, and is geared towards beginners. The DVD features myself, Chip Z'Nuff and Michael Thomas jamming with Steven, as well as Steven teaching the basics of rock drumming. I believe it is going to be available at Guitar Center soon."

Q: Is Adler's Appetite currently in the studio? Are there any details surrounding the making of a new album?

A: "As of right now we are planning to start tracking on September 1st. This band has a certain chemistry that needs to be documented, which we intend to do. We have already started with new stuff and the diversity in everyone's styles makes it a really cool thing. Chip is all about THE BEATLES, Michael?s playing is very modern, and Adler is well... Adler. I think we have a really good lineup and I can't wait to get in the studio."

Q: Will Slash produce the new album?

A: "There has been a lot of talk about that. Last week Steven recorded a track for Slash's upcoming solo record, along with Flea of the RED HOT CHILI PEPPER, so I think its very good possibility that he will contribute something to our record."

Q: What are Adler's Appetite future touring plans?

A: "Right now we are really in writing mode. We have done a lot of touring this year; so moving forward I think the focus needs to be on getting new music out there. As much we all love playing "Jungle" every night, you can't live in the past. Putting out something new will re-energize things on multiple levels."

Q: You recently performed at the PRS Road show in Manchester, CT. How long have you been involved with PRS and what are some of the unique features of your signature PRS Model?

A: "I can honestly say that that was one of the best times I have EVER had. Paul and his staff is unfortunately a dying breed in this biz. For example, after talking and playing for over 2 hours that day, I watched the guy not only autograph everyone's PRS guitar, but even FIX them on the spot if he saw a flaw or damage! You would never get that kind of hands-on care from any of the bigger companies (do I really even need to say who I am referring to?). I am proud to a part of such a class act for over 10 years. They are not only the best guitars, but they are the best people... and no, I did not get paid to say that!"

Q: You have worked with many musical 80's icons. What advice did you your students at the PRS Road show?

A: "I really didn't give much advice. I basically told "road stories" and jammed. At one point, Paul leaned over to me in mid-story and said 'Alex, please don't get me sued'. I guess I took it a bit too far, but the crowd loved it!"

Q: Any news on the upcoming DIZZY REED solo album debut with producer Del James?

A: "I can tell you this, the record is done and in the mixing stages. I am not sure of a release date, but I am very proud to have been a part of such a cool project. Dizzy and Del really brought in some killer players, from the current GN'R guys to Frankie Banali. The record is one of a kind."

Q: Alex, is there anything else that you would like to inform the readers here at BraveWords.com regarding your upcoming touring and recording agenda?

A: "Honestly, there is so much in the works right now that the best way to keep track of it all is to check out www.alexgrossi.com. I send any and all updates there as soon as they come in."

http://www.bravewords.com/news/118962

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »

The title says it all there gona recourd there own songs best of luck to them!!! Wink

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »

Steven and Chip are a pretty cool rhythm section.  It will be nice to hear some new songs, then it can ppl shut up about how Steven is just living in the past, cover band shit etc blah blah blah.  I predict it will be awesome, and if they can get Slash involved that would be great too.   

Steven seems to really be on the up and up right now.  Good for him.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: