Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:27:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  AFD Re Made...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AFD Re Made...  (Read 2600 times)
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« on: March 09, 2006, 02:11:52 AM »

If the new band was to re record, which i beleive axl has stated they have, do you think they would release it into stores? I mean... i know a lot of you are going to say thats crazy it could ruin the AFD original and make it less relevant and such.. but would it be a good idea to re make it and release it? i know i would buy it... just to see how they re did everything.. what changes they made... how axl changed his vocals on certain parts... it would be pretty cool.. what do you think?

Please dont just make posts bashing this idea... just thought id start a topic which didnt have to do with chinese democracy which would take people minds off of it for at least a bit...

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 02:20:50 AM »

IMO it'd be cool if the re-recorded tracks were released in internet or as b-sides one or two at a time. That way there wouldn't be a "new AFD", but just new studio takes on the old songs and the comparison would be track vs. track instead of on album level where the bashing would never end...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 02:21:44 AM »

It'll take more than that to get my mind off of chinese democracy. hihi Seriously though, this is a dead horse, but you're a noob and might not have seen this discussed before. In my opinion, the reason AFD vol. 2 hasnt been released is because he would have to get the old band members permission to do so. Thats not happening anytime soon. I doubt if it ever gets released.

Now, back to Chinese Democracy......

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 02:22:15 AM »

IMO it'd be cool if the re-recorded tracks were released in internet or as b-sides one or two at a time. That way there wouldn't be a "new AFD", but just new studio takes on the old songs and the comparison would be track vs. track instead of on album level where the bashing would never end...

Yeah that sounds pretty good... id love to hear a new take on SCOM or Rocket Queen...

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 02:23:41 AM »

It'll take more than that to get my mind off of chinese democracy. hihi Seriously though, this is a dead horse, but you're a noob and might not have seen this discussed before. In my opinion, the reason AFD vol. 2 hasnt been released is because he would have to get the old band members permission to do so. Thats not happening anytime soon. I doubt if it ever gets released.

Now, back to Chinese Democracy......

HAHAAH.. good point man.. sorry if uve been around this track a couple of times.. lol... i guess ill need something a little more intense than this..

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:33:19 AM »

the original AFD is awesome, theres no question. But I always thought that Nightrain and Rocket Queen sounded way better live.  I'd like to hear the new band's version of AFD.  I doubt it would hurt the original AFD, I mean it only sold how many millions of cds.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 09:51:41 PM »

Yeah that sounds pretty good... id love to hear a new take on SCOM or Rocket Queen...
umm SCOM played by the new band is realased.. well not official but you can find it.. it was from the Big Daddy soundtrack... it starts with the old playin and few seconds later is the new band.. sounds cool.. axl voice is great

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 04:16:07 PM »

I wanted to hear a re-recorded version of Rocket Queen and WTTJ.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 06:11:34 AM »

I guess you could hear any major differences by downloading a soundboard recording from 2002. Any major differences, such as Buckhethead's ending to the Nightrain solo, or his shred version of the PC outro, should be noticeable on the live recordings from 2002.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: