Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  A Statement About Axl
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Statement About Axl  (Read 1674 times)
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« on: April 05, 2007, 08:50:23 AM »

I'd like to talk about this band, the new album, and maybe a little openess for our patience

I would love to help this band in that way, kinda like a street team, putting up posters and flyers for the band and spreading information all around. Those in different countries could be trusted to deliver information to the fans firsthand in different chapters.

The only problem is that this is Guns N Roses, a band who are very unforthcoming with information, and who sometimes dont make you feel as if youre even welcome to be a fan. You may ask me what the band owes me, and specifically they owe me nothing, but casting themselves into the spotlight and taking the cheques for performing the songs and selling the merchandise they have a responsibility, much like any celebrity does, to cater to their fans. With a band its a little more envolving then with an actor, since a band begs for help from the fans starting off in order to make money, sell the records, and afford their income.

Basically, it is you, me and everyone else whose ever had a passing interest in this band who has given Axl the lifestyle he enjoys today (and also the one he enjoyed for several years in absentia) and as a result I dont feel Im out of line to ask that before we dip our hands into our pockets again for tickets or merchandise we ask for a single, an album, a video, or just a little more openess

Suggestions?

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 08:56:33 AM »

My suggestion to you is to forget about this idea wholeheartedly.  yes  ok

Axl cares about his fans but, that only goes so far, in my opinion.  smoking

Not trying to hurt your feelings man but, I've seen this kind of thing first hand time after time with every upstart band.  Cry

Once they "make it " so to speak, thay're on easy street and they're whole attitude and perspective changes once that money starts rolling in.

Trust me dude.  Wink Expend your energy on something more productive.  Kiss
maynard
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:00:52 AM »

I always promoted the new band, showed my friends how great are the new musicians and songs.

What you posted is really true, looks like GNR doesn't want the fans to help, there is no interaction between the band and fans, the official website is updated with articles written by other people, not the band. It's weird, looks like a magazine, not an official site.

They can promote themselves very well, money is not an issue, the promotion should have started so long ago that now the fans are trying to begin something because the band is lethargic.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: