Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:50:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  What is the hub?????????
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the hub?????????  (Read 33937 times)
john
« on: March 02, 2003, 08:07:32 PM »

Ive asked so many times about this but noone ever responds. What is it and how do you join or whatever?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 08:34:07 PM »

I tried once, but am too fick to understand how it works, so now it is just lying all dusty somewhere in my C:drive...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 09:08:15 PM »

From http://www.sladdi.amd.co.at/gnrhub.htm

the GN'R HUB on Direct Connect

what is the GNR HUB?
the GNR HUB is a place where you share and download GNR media files (such as videos and mp3s), and chat with GNR fans all around the world.

download the client here:

http://members.chello.at/sladdi/DCPlusPlus-0.231.exe

- double-click the file and install it.
- go to FILE --> SETTINGS --> enter all your info there, such as nickname, email, ...
- go to SHARING --> set 2 or more upload slots and add all folder you want to share! (PLEASE ONLY GNR STUFF). 1 GB of GNR - 2 upload slots required.
- go to FILE --> PUBLIC HUBS and connect to: hub.newgnr.com
ok that's it. you're in the hub then. enjoy it!

for comments, questions or suggestions use the newgnr.com boards.

i thank everyone who contributes to the HUB.

sladdi

---

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
john
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 09:23:00 PM »

Ok thanks a lot.
Another problem though.
I downloaded it and i have the file on my computer, but when i click it nothing happens.
Anyone know how to get this working??
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 09:42:29 PM »

Where it says manual connect, type in    hub.newgnr.com     and it should connect to the right place

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
john
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 09:56:46 PM »

Where it says manual connect, type in    hub.newgnr.com     and it should connect to the right place

But i cant even open it. I click on the file to install it and nothing happens.  
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 10:11:07 PM »

Oh.  You can try dowloading the program from the official site below, see if that works but it should be the same as from the link on the site.

www.neo-modus.com/?page=Download

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
john
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 11:13:55 PM »

Thanks a lot.
The first download worked after. I just needed to restart my computer apparantly.
Scone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2003, 05:28:21 PM »

Okay, I've downloaded the client, installed it and everything, but I just don't have 1 GB of GN'R media to go on the hub, I'm running a crappy old computer at the moment, it's entire hard drive is only around 4 gigs.

Is there no other way I can join? I only actually want to join so I can get some of the Leeds Festival songs as they've all disappeared off KaZaA
john
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2003, 07:10:38 PM »

Okay, I've downloaded the client, installed it and everything, but I just don't have 1 GB of GN'R media to go on the hub, I'm running a crappy old computer at the moment, it's entire hard drive is only around 4 gigs.

Is there no other way I can join? I only actually want to join so I can get some of the Leeds Festival songs as they've all disappeared off KaZaA

I dont think you can. They are pretty strict about their rules and stuff. I keep getting banned but i dont know why.

Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2003, 07:14:51 PM »

I dont think you can. They are pretty strict about their rules and stuff. I keep getting banned but i dont know why.
lol Sladdi is a dictator just like jarmo Grin

sorry sla and jar just kidding Lips Sealed

Forgive them They tear down my soul Bless them That they might grow old Free them So that they may know That its never too lateGunner Temple
m
Headliner

Working nightshift....

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2003, 07:10:38 PM »

ha ha, you have to have 1gb of stuff before you can download files......load of rubbish.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2003, 09:53:03 PM »

I tried once, but am too fick to understand how it works, so now it is just lying all dusty somewhere in my C:drive...

yeah, same here [hihi] [ok]

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
john
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2003, 10:50:24 PM »

yeah, same here [hihi] [ok]

I tried a long time ago as well and never ever figured it out. But i tried again recently and it was very easy and well worth it. You can get like every gnr bootleg possible on it.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2003, 07:47:40 PM »

lol Sladdi is a dictator just like jarmo Grin

sorry sla and jar just kidding Lips Sealed

No, he is a dictator. I should know, i work for him. And the one gig rule isnt extremly strict - if ur sharing about 3/4 of a gig of good gn'r (not just the albums in WAV) then usually u'll be fine.
Lionel Hutz
Attorney-at-law
VIP

In loving memory of Phil Hartman

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2003, 07:38:37 AM »

Nah, it's a great place and you can get almost anything GN'R there. Everyone should join, it's really easy.
Scone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2003, 12:02:45 PM »

No, he is a dictator. I should know, i work for him. And the one gig rule isnt extremly strict - if ur sharing about 3/4 of a gig of good gn'r (not just the albums in WAV) then usually u'll be fine.

Just out of curiosity, did you have the Leeds Festival performance shared on KaZaA a while back? I'm sure I recognised your username when I was downloading them.

I can't seem to find them anywhere now, I've got about a third of SCOM, half of Paradise City and about 30 seconds of Madagascar, but no one seems to have them anymore.

That was the only reason I wanted to join the hub as I was at Leeds and wanted the performance as a souvenir.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2003, 02:26:57 PM »

Just out of curiosity, did you have the Leeds Festival performance shared on KaZaA a while back? I'm sure I recognised your username when I was downloading them.

I can't seem to find them anywhere now, I've got about a third of SCOM, half of Paradise City and about 30 seconds of Madagascar, but no one seems to have them anymore.

That was the only reason I wanted to join the hub as I was at Leeds and wanted the performance as a souvenir.

Yeah. i was one of the first to share Leeds so u probably got it from me - but its not on my HD anymore - but i'll probably stick it back on cos its popular. There are still a few people with Leeds in the hub, but most have had to burn it cos of all the north american videos. Once everyone has all of them the cream will rise to the top and only the good stuff will be shared, so keep checking.
Scone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2003, 09:31:24 AM »

Nice one, I've seen other sites selling Leeds, but it was poor quality, some guy standing in the crowd shakily holding the camera.

I'll hang on until it turns up on KaZaA again as my HD is only 4 gigs (7 year old comp...) and I'm supposed to be using it for work.

strange_days
Opening Act

Jim the king

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2003, 10:46:59 AM »

HEY 2NA [peace]
I thought spend more time looking at gnr on the net so i joined here 2 Tongue
ye the hub is great. I have some files from leeds that i could put on kazaa if you want scone.  I really advise freeing some space in your comp. The hub is the best.
i dont have that prob tho cuz my comp is brand spanking new Grin
You may be intersted to hear that at the moment you dont have to have a gig. But thats only gonna last a couple more days. check her out tho.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: