Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:56:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  popcorn
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: popcorn  (Read 8238 times)
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 12:44:43 PM »

Steven was great in the 80is ... he had carisma ...a good beat ...but nowdays hes not a good player ... and he has some problems ...
idont want the old guns to reform ...look forward instead..... love the "new" guns ... its a shame that steven didt got himself together yet ... and i think he would played better on illusions than matt. ...but he couldent play .....

Ehm yeah right and your basing that on??....I've seen the guy twice in the last couple of years and he still is one of the best drummers out there. It really is unbelievable how much groove the guy's got.

If only he could get his problems sorted out? no
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 01:45:54 PM »

Ehm yeah right and your basing that on??....I've seen the guy twice in the last couple of years and he still is one of the best drummers out there. It really is unbelievable how much groove the guy's got.

If only he could get his problems sorted out  no

I can't talk for myself but a friend also saw Steven early this year and told me he still is great so that has to mean something, that he still can drum and I agree with you on the part that he have to leave the problems behind.

No man can be my equal
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 01:43:33 AM »

Hey Dr Sweeden who doesnt have problems, everyone who has been in GN'R has had problems of some kind.  Ok Steven is still dealing with his demons but give the guy a break, he is still an awesome drummer who is more than worthy of the fans respect.  Dont forget that Steven has recovered from two strokes and can still play, that alone makes him a legend in my eyes.  yes

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 04:40:22 AM »

Hey Dr Sweeden who doesnt have problems, everyone who has been in GN'R has had problems of some kind.  Ok Steven is still dealing with his demons but give the guy a break, he is still an awesome drummer who is more than worthy of the fans respect.  Dont forget that Steven has recovered from two strokes and can still play, that alone makes him a legend in my eyes.  yes

Damn right!
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »

Steven was great in the 80is ... he had carisma ...a good beat ...but nowdays hes not a good player ... and he has some problems ...
idont want the old guns to reform ...look forward instead..... love the "new" guns ... its a shame that steven didt got himself together yet ... and i think he would played better on illusions than matt. ...but he couldent play .....

yeah you know I think Steven can still play, wish he would get into analysis and quit driving himself in circles. He is young enough to do something again if he can quit living in the past. Not like Ginger Baker wasnt amazing at fifty.
aimz
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 07:50:18 AM »

yeah you know I think Steven can still play, wish he would get into analysis and quit driving himself in circles. He is young enough to do something again if he can quit living in the past. Not like Ginger Baker wasnt amazing at fifty.
yeh i think he can still play .......but i sereously doubt it will happen...but well have to just wait and see, i mean it looks like hes cleaned himself up a bit and he sounds good too
AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 04:02:35 AM »

Adler cannot be forgotten as a principle part of AFD. His drumming had a loose, bouncy rythmic feel to it, and really gives a signature sound to AFD. Everyone contributed to AFD in their own unique way, and that is what makes it such a timeless record. Duff had a poppy, slanky bass playing with lots of groove. Slash had original, emotional, and creative guitar playing. Izzy had ballsy blues playing. Axl had an original schreeching voice. And Steven had a dedicated, original sounding drum groove.

And here's something rare, Steven Adler playing a drum solo!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4UfnJ7CI8A

He also played one at the LA Coliseum in 1989 (and you can hear how much his drumming had improved). But nonetheless, I think that drum solo in Melbourne (above) was a good drum solo as well.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 04:04:24 AM by AMS » Logged
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2006, 05:26:13 PM »

anyone knows how Steven is these days? is he playing live? I would love to see him  peace

shit happens when you party naked
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2006, 11:50:59 PM »

anyone knows how Steven is these days? is he playing live? I would love to see him  peace

I think he was touring with a GNR tribute band earlier in the year, but he fired the band, and ended up touring by himself and playing with local tribute bands as he went. Thats the last I heard.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2006, 08:08:31 AM »

anyone knows how Steven is these days? is he playing live? I would love to see him? peace

there hasn't been much news since the death of his father....

This is pretty much the last thing i've heard:

Steven checked in to catch us up on the latest. He regrets that he was unable to appear withCinderella and Poison on July 1st. "I was very, very sick and I was in Mexico getting myself healthy" he explains. However, he says there is a very good possibility that they may yet appear on the aforementioned mega-tour. "Chuck over at Worldwide (Steven's management co.) says we could be added to some dates in the very near future. In fact, Chip (Z'Nuff) flew in from Chicago last night!" Chip will be joining Steven on his upcoming tour, as well as Joe Leste, once again stepping in as lead vocalist. "Joe did such an amazing job (on the Bad Boys of Metal tour) and I love him. And having Chip back in the band, he's always been someone I looked up to and wanted to play with. It's an honor and a privilege?we're even talking about doing an E'Nuff Z'Nuff version of "Nightrain" with me on drums. That's a compliment! So we should be recording that soon for a new E'Nuff Z'Nuff record, that's what we were talkin' about anyway". Also, Steven recently re-signed with Peace Drums, and will be doing a photo shoot for some upcoming print ads, "Peace Drums are the best!", he says with confidence, "they absolutely sound great!". Steven's new tour starts in Vegas next week.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »

ok,thanks guys Smiley

shit happens when you party naked
AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 12:03:46 AM »

I saw him with his band "Adler's Appetite" in January, the beggining of this year. He looks the same, but aged. And his drumming abilities have improved.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »

The guy's been through an awful lot, and - whether he brought in on himself or not - you have to feel for him.  I imagine it's hard to get through the day at times.  Unfortunately, his time with GnR is over.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: