Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:29:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Alternative Possibilities...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alternative Possibilities...  (Read 2458 times)
Old Hat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 04, 2005, 11:28:51 AM »

Sometimes you lot just amaze me. I mean, I'm a massive, massive fan of the band too. But, you know - all this stuff on here about the new album :  when its coming, what it'll sound like, etc....

Is there no-one on this list who'd just love Guns N Roses to draw a line? To just end things as they were? To go down in history as a great, classic band who made four stunning original albums then imploded in a blaze of glory. What a way to remember them, eh?

I don't want GNR to wreck the impact they made with some ropey, dull, bloated, over-produced record 15 years too late. Just let it lie. Don't ruin the memory. Enjoy it for what it was.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

this is a section for the Current Band.

Go to Dead Horse or Wasn't Yesterday Great to bitch and moan

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 12:56:32 PM »

In that case, you forget about the band and the fans and leave us alone.

Then the past is all yours. The future is ours. some are lucky to have both.

A happy compromise!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 06:32:06 PM »

Well maybe in about 1996 I would've agreed.

However Chinese Democracy. I guarentee there would be utter OUTRAGE and violence if Axl went public and said Chinese Democracy wasn't happening. I dread to think of the consequences!  nervous
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 08:53:19 PM »

I'm sick and tired of morons like Old Hat. If you aren't interested in Chinese Democracy, why in the fuck are you here?? rant

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 11:30:03 PM »

Thank you James.

It seems like these new posters only end up posting 2 posts about how bad C.D. will be and then they leave.

gnrevolution.com
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 12:21:11 AM »

Sometimes you lot just amaze me. I mean, I'm a massive, massive fan of the band too. But, you know - all this stuff on here about the new album :? when its coming, what it'll sound like, etc....

Is there no-one on this list who'd just love Guns N Roses to draw a line? To just end things as they were? To go down in history as a great, classic band who made four stunning original albums then imploded in a blaze of glory. What a way to remember them, eh?

I don't want GNR to wreck the impact they made with some ropey, dull, bloated, over-produced record 15 years too late. Just let it lie. Don't ruin the memory. Enjoy it for what it was.

Old Hat....sorry, guess you posted this in the wrong section.  Now it's been moved to the dead horse section, so hopefully you are safer here.  I totally agree with you.  I think it would have been better if Guns had ended back in the late 90's after Slash, Matt, & Duff left.  Axl should have just disbanded it then, rather than continue on with the name and a bunch of musicians (although they've been very talented) who have come & gone.  GnR was a great band - one of the greatest.   But, I personally feel like Axl has made this (unintentionally, perhaps) into a joke.  It's not the same, and he hasn't released anything since, despite promises through the years.  If & when CD is released, it's basically a new version of a band.  It's not the same.  It's Axl with a new band, calling it GnR.  Personally, I think it's very disrespectful to the name GnR, because that band was not just about Axl. 

P.S. Be very careful what you say here, and in what section you post things.   
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 12:41:19 AM »

I think to say Axl's made GN'R a joke is an overreaction. Perhaps its made GN'R a joke to us.. but we love the goddamn band anyways.

As for other people.. they don't even know the "new" GN'R exsists. The old GN'R legacy is untouched by Axl and the new band. If anything Axl further mystifies the downfall of the band and transforms it from being some "dead band" like Aerosmith to somekind of never ending legacy. GN'R just has this mysterious vibe to it that makes it so appealing.. you never know what will happen. Its not just a band, its an enity.

Im sorry if I couldn't express that properly.. but hopefully some of you understand what im trying to say.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 07:45:26 AM »

Sometimes you lot just amaze me. I mean, I'm a massive, massive fan of the band too. But, you know - all this stuff on here about the new album :? when its coming, what it'll sound like, etc....

Personally, I think it's very disrespectful to the name GnR, because that band was not just about Axl.
Its in no way disrespectful. Those three left the band, and Axl continued it.

And it was silly to keep going, but we're at the business end now. Its gotta be here soon... come on the guy's gonna die before it comes out. Please hurry, William. Please.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: