Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:16:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  An idea for the long delay of the album
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An idea for the long delay of the album  (Read 2629 times)
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« on: November 28, 2006, 04:07:59 PM »

In an old interview in 1988 seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj-bPLEnJck Axl has said that he doesn't like to rehash material and do the same thing over. I know that UYI had a few year wait and maybe since Axl has had to change band members contsantly and make original and masterful music he keeps editing and adding to songs. But the problem is, is that the new songs have the Appetite for Destruction and UYI feel. For example The Blues almost exatcly reminds me of November rain and Better is sort of like a techno/modern version of WTTJ. So maybe Axl has just said "Fuck it" after all these years and to release this album wheather he is happy with it or not.

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 05:31:53 PM »

I disagree, or else he wouldn't still be playing an AFD-heavy set after so long, not that I'm really complaining. I think the problem is Axl's ultimate fear of putting something out that won't be welcomed by the masses. He knows a lot of people really don't like him anymore (critics, mags, etc.) and he's afraid of the backlash he'll recieve unless he puts out the best album of his life. Therein lies the problem: everything changes, there's infinite potential for change. IE, if he records a really great chorus for 'Better', in his mind, he might do it even better tomorrow, and then even better than that the day after, etc. and it's been that kind of vicious cycle for the past 7 or 8 years. Whether it's an added delay to a guitar riff or singing a note a bit higher, he'll never be fully satisfied with the music, he'll ALWAYS find fault with it. It's going to take something to force it out IMO.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 05:34:01 PM »

Perhaps Geffen or Merk or whoever is in charge of releasing a single can hurry up and put out a single. That would really jump-start this engine on getting this album out.

fixintodie
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 10:18:43 PM »

The Blues reminds you of November Rain?

Why?
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 12:11:52 AM »

Perhaps Geffen or Merk or whoever is in charge of releasing a single can hurry up and put out a single. That would really jump-start this engine on getting this album out.

Fucking good point that. Haven't heard The Blues yet, tho I have all the other ones you guys have been mentioning. I'd request a link, but I don't want to get banned ... Tongue

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
fixintodie
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 05:21:12 AM »

Fucking good point that. Haven't heard The Blues yet, tho I have all the other ones you guys have been mentioning. I'd request a link, but I don't want to get banned ... Tongue

There's only live versions of it available, and there's no problem linking those (as far as I'm aware). Ask in Appetite for Collection Wink
jooda
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 07:50:19 AM »

Why?

There's a piano in both of them.

That's all I can think of.  Wink
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 10:47:45 AM »

Why?

There's a piano in both of them.

That's all I can think of.? Wink

And they are both kinda like ballads? Cheesy  hihi

wasn't cd mostly recorded at 02'? well, maybe axl want's to re-record it know when he's got his voice back?  peace
well, that would take a lot of time.

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 01:49:09 PM »

His voice was better in 02 than now, not just live. Your voice don't improve when you get older, unless you do some surgery, it's only a matter of what technique you use live. The technique has improved, not the voice.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 06:36:24 PM »

Thanks for the Blues info guys.  ok

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: