Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:03:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  American concert crowds
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: American concert crowds  (Read 3488 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: March 29, 2007, 07:42:24 PM »

Let me preface this by saying Im an American living in NYC. And I've seen GNR 6 times during the 2002-2006 run.

But if i was axl, i would want to play forgeign places as well. the crowds are SO much better. Its apparent from interviews that Axl hates when people in the crowd are just sitting there, with that "impress me" attitude.  If I was GNR, Id play brazil, italy, spain....why go to Texas  or Florida when people dont show up, or are just sitting there like logs.

the NJ show in 06 was like that. just deadness...although, the show started at like midnight and it was a sunday night. the MSG 02 crowd was pretty good i must say, and the energy in the building right before Jungle in November of 2006 was insane!!!!!!

but in comparison, USA crowds kinda are lame.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 09:06:57 PM »

there's too much security, people can't behave a little wild cause they may get thrown out.....and the shows start too late people are tired by then of standing, and then the fuckin solos.....that brings down the concert.....

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 09:37:22 PM »

and they don't start late or have solos in europe and asia and south america?
face it, american crowds are spoiled and boring. security is the same all over.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:29:20 PM »

Let me preface this by saying Im an American living in NYC. And I've seen GNR 6 times during the 2002-2006 run.

But if i was axl, i would want to play forgeign places as well. the crowds are SO much better. Its apparent from interviews that Axl hates when people in the crowd are just sitting there, with that "impress me" attitude.? If I was GNR, Id play brazil, italy, spain....why go to Texas? or Florida when people dont show up, or are just sitting there like logs.

the NJ show in 06 was like that. just deadness...although, the show started at like midnight and it was a sunday night. the MSG 02 crowd was pretty good i must say, and the energy in the building right before Jungle in November of 2006 was insane!!!!!!

Not that I wanna start an argument here, but do you have firsthand knowledge that crowds in foreign countries are so much better than in the US or are you just going on what you hear?  I see where you're coming from, but I'm just wondering.  I saw them in Hartford back in 2002 and the crowd was pretty lame.  Last November at MSG though the crowd was great.  I think it just depends.  I can't imagine that EVERY crowd overseas has a fantastic vibe that you don't get in the US.  I'm just not buying that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 02:27:38 AM »

Now let's not overgeneralize.

The show I attended in the US was incredible the energy from the crowd was amazing.

The crowd was on their feet for the entire 2 1/2 hour show that went until almost 2:30. 

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 01:39:55 PM »

But if i was axl, i would want to play forgeign places as well. the crowds are SO much better. Its apparent from interviews that Axl hates when people in the crowd are just sitting there, with that "impress me" attitude.? If I was GNR, Id play brazil, italy, spain....why go to Texas? or Florida when people dont show up, or are just sitting there like logs.

why do you pick on TX and FL?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 05:43:40 PM »

Now let's not overgeneralize.

The show I attended in the US was incredible the energy from the crowd was amazing.

The crowd was on their feet for the entire 2 1/2 hour show that went until almost 2:30.?
Yeah and about the solos.? Lots of people like to complain about the solos, saying there's too many, they interrupt the flow of the concert.? The "old" band used to have a fair amount of solos too.? For Christ's sake, they used to have a drum solo.? I just wonder if the people who are complaining about the current band were complaining back when Slash was playing 6 minute solos, and Matt Sorum was banging on the drums for 5 minutes?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 02:44:03 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »

I think Matt's solos  were more than 5 minutes. They went on FOREVER.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 02:31:44 PM »

I have been to concerts abroad and in the states and the cultures are different that is why the audiences are different. America is way too conservative, looking for a reason to arrest everyone, and expects too much. Don't slam me cause I am an American but I've noticed the difference as well. Everywhere in the world, bands get better receptions than here but it does depend on the crowd and the location and the mood of the audience. Plus, people here are just too afraid to let go for fear of getting arrested for something. Believe me, there is an email that floats around occasionally comparing the year 1973 to 2007 and the simpleness of things versus getting freakin arrested for everything these days. I hate it and I don't think we really do have the freedom of expression anymore - maybe a long time ago but so much has changed, they are going to start arresting us if we smoke cigarettes in our house and there is a child present - how F****** crazy is that shit? ?Why not just put an fing camera in my house government, I know you are moving in that direction anyway.

If we took our top off at a concert, we'd be arrested for public nudity, if we got drunk one time, we'd be arrested for public drunkeness, if they caught us with a one-hitter, we be charged with a misdeamor possession of marijuana, if we were pushed into a kid at a concert by mistake, we would be charged with assault, if we called someone an ahole, we'd be charged with slander, if we gave an 18 year old a sip of beer, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, on and on and on. No one wants to put themselves out there anymore for fear of repercussions and it's not only the authorities but other sue- happy assholes who are just looking to get rich by suing someone. I dont' think this type of culture exists anywhere else in the world but here but I could be wrong...

Puking doesn't make me horny.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 06:56:55 PM »

I've been to 3 GNR concerts in 2006. 
Hammerstein was insane, it was such a celebration no concert will ever compare to it to me again.
MSG was just as insane but with 15000 more people. 
Then I went to the baltimore show, the floor was packed and the first teir of seats were packed, but it was a monday night.

Americans are different, alot of general music fans dont look at the band as GNR.  And its not 1992 anymore, the material is old. When I would tell older people im going to see GNR, they would be like oh yea i saw them open for Areosmith.  So the 35-50 year fan is gone from 1987-93,

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 07:43:55 PM »

UK crowds are just voilent!

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 11:01:42 PM »

im with ya about the jersey show...the crowd SUCKED there...im ashamed because I live 5 minutes from the arena, were not all like that.....but the hammerstein shows were sick.....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 11:57:51 PM »

I have been to concerts abroad and in the states and the cultures are different that is why the audiences are different. America is way too conservative, looking for a reason to arrest everyone, and expects too much. Don't slam me cause I am an American but I've noticed the difference as well. Everywhere in the world, bands get better receptions than here but it does depend on the crowd and the location and the mood of the audience. Plus, people here are just too afraid to let go for fear of getting arrested for something. Believe me, there is an email that floats around occasionally comparing the year 1973 to 2007 and the simpleness of things versus getting freakin arrested for everything these days. I hate it and I don't think we really do have the freedom of expression anymore - maybe a long time ago but so much has changed, they are going to start arresting us if we smoke cigarettes in our house and there is a child present - how F****** crazy is that shit? ?Why not just put an fing camera in my house government, I know you are moving in that direction anyway.

If we took our top off at a concert, we'd be arrested for public nudity, if we got drunk one time, we'd be arrested for public drunkeness, if they caught us with a one-hitter, we be charged with a misdeamor possession of marijuana, if we were pushed into a kid at a concert by mistake, we would be charged with assault, if we called someone an ahole, we'd be charged with slander, if we gave an 18 year old a sip of beer, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, on and on and on. No one wants to put themselves out there anymore for fear of repercussions and it's not only the authorities but other sue- happy assholes who are just looking to get rich by suing someone. I dont' think this type of culture exists anywhere else in the world but here but I could be wrong...
You make some valid points and since you've been to concerts both in the US and abroad you certainly have the first hand experience.  I agree there are many lame crowds here in the US, not just for concerts, it stems into the sporting world too.  Late arriving crowds, early to leave.  Not really getting into it, going to say you went, not because you really wanted too.  More prestige, then desire.  Still, it depends on the crowd.  Some American crowds are kickass, just as I'm sure SOME crowds overseas are quite lame.  I saw a number of boots from the Euro tour last summer with people booing GNR and throwing things onstage.  That may be passionate, but I wouldn't say it's very cool.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 10:39:19 PM »

You can thank a culture  that turns out 200,000 new lawyers a year who have to make a living somehow. It  is not just big brother, it is greedy lawyers who want to make big bucks taking any crazy case  that they can.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: