Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Alice Cooper: 'I Wish I Could See More Bands Like Early Guns N Roses'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice Cooper: 'I Wish I Could See More Bands Like Early Guns N Roses'  (Read 27942 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: September 02, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »

Alice Cooper Wonders Where the Balls Have Gone in Rock 'n' Roll

Posted 3 hours ago

If you're going to talk smack about someone else, you better be able to back it up. Well, when Alice Cooper asks Noisecreep, "Are all American bands metro-sexual now?" dude can back that s--- up. One of rock's living legends, Cooper has had it with the lack of real men in rock. "I heard the title Vampire Weekend and I thought, 'Oh, man, that's gonna be great. I gotta see it,'" he says. "And there are these guys with little Gap T-shirts on and I'm going, 'What happened to the balls in rock 'n' roll? Why are American bands so wimpy?'"

Who does earn his hard rock seal of approval? "The Foo Fighters get up there and they rock, they know how to rock. Green Day rocks, they get up there and they have energy," he says. "I am worried that a lot of the newer bands that are coming out are depending too much on keyboards and being sensitive. Maybe I'm just not sensitive anymore. I like to hear a band be stupid and drunk. I wish I could see more bands like that were like early Guns N' Roses, early Aerosmith, just snotty rock 'n' roll bands."

Continue reading here: http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/09/02/alice-cooper-wonders-where-the-balls-have-gone-in-rock-n-roll/

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:58:14 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:07:57 PM »

aint that the truth  Cry

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »

Alice Cooper is the man!

I love his quote from years ago about Welcome to the Jungle. i forget the exact quote but it was something like "when i first heard Welcome to the Jungle, i thought 'there's the song i've been trying to write my entire career.'" and there was frustration in his voice that he was this new band that did what he had been trying to do for years in their first album. quite a compliment.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »

i wonder if he likes buckcherry?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 10:38:17 PM »

aint that the truth  Cry

Indeed. We all want rock to be ballsy again.

Alice Cooper

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 11:37:49 PM »

Good Opinion... But, Music Is Evolution, Is ART...

GNR Is ART, my opinion.

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 11:40:30 PM »

I'd like to see Alice Cooper.

I'd like to see Dizzy explain to him why he told Izzy your dentist isn't a good topic for a song--lol.  Oh yeah I'm telling!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 11:53:22 AM »

I have to agree with Alice. What made Guns great besides the music was the attitude. They were just five bad asses from the other side of the tracks who were there to kick your ass. Today's bands are missing that. There are really no bands in the mainstream that represent the true spirit of Rock and roll( Rebellion, angst!!).
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »

I wish GnR was morelike early GnR Shocked

This has nothing to do with members either.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 12:55:40 PM »

It's all about standing against the status queue. (The current format of conforming in any given decade or century.) Bands like G&R, Alice Cooper the Doors were bands that took a chance to stand up for the truth than being someone else's hand puppet. Today's bands are playing it safe. They want to say something about the b.s. but don't dare pass the line. Hey I can't blame them. There in it for the money. Once you've made the money you really don't have to stand up for anything anymore because you just don't care. Now you can get anything you want. You don't have to answer to a 40-50 hour work week to make a living.  smoking
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »

Wonder if hes seen or herd 'Black Tide'  those kids tear it up!
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 03:13:48 PM »

It's all about standing against the status queue. (The current format of conforming in any given decade or century.) Bands like G&R, Alice Cooper the Doors were bands that took a chance to stand up for the truth than being someone else's hand puppet. Today's bands are playing it safe. They want to say something about the b.s. but don't dare pass the line. Hey I can't blame them. There in it for the money. Once you've made the money you really don't have to stand up for anything anymore because you just don't care. Now you can get anything you want. You don't have to answer to a 40-50 hour work week to make a living.  smoking

It all ties in to the Illegal download argument. When record companies are losing money because people are getting there music for free they are less likely to sign artists that are groundbreaking or even dangerous. Theyd rather go with the safe bet. Someone who is squeaky clean and who can be marketed in different genres ( pop, rock etc.). Hence Nickelback, fall out boy , Daughtry etc...
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 11:05:40 AM »

Alice is dead right. Dead on, 100 % right. There's too much makeup nowadays. And I don't mean the faces of death guys like him and KISS had in the 70's. I mean eye liner, mascara, lipstick etc. It's like Blink 182 and Marilyn Manson had a kid, and the little bastard child has spawned clones.

But don't worry Alice. There's some of us out there that still believe in raw, drunken, angry, gutteral punk metal rock.

And we'll take music back soon...not to worry.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »

um... paging mr. cooper... there's a band that's every bit as awesome as early GNR... they're called GNR.

sure, this old guy's a legend, but come on... get with the times man.  he totally made an ass of himself in that interview.
fito_gnr
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

yeah! Black Tide! those kids are damn good

?it?s a fire you can?t stop it?s ROCK N?ROLL?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 01:50:35 PM »

um... paging mr. cooper... there's a band that's every bit as awesome as early GNR... they're called GNR.

sure, this old guy's a legend, but come on... get with the times man.  he totally made an ass of himself in that interview.

nah man, he didn't, he voiced his opinion, if you think he made an ass of himself with the interview maybe u just made an ass out of yourself with your post ok
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »

I think people grow up. It would sound pretty stupid if the old band were still togheter and acting like drunk and drug addicteds just to make this whole rock n' roll attitude. They would probably get killed eventually anyways.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 07:34:02 PM »

I don't think he's saying that GNR should be that way now, but rather...

I wish I could see more bands like that were like early Guns N' Roses, early Aerosmith, just snotty rock 'n' roll bands."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

yea i think he's talking about bands at their early stages. he wants them to be young (immature) pretty (in boyish ways) and stupid
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »

I think he's saying that he wants rock n roll to be rock n roll
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: