Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:19:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How bad did Izzy leaving Guns effect Axl?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How bad did Izzy leaving Guns effect Axl?  (Read 5863 times)
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2004, 09:37:48 AM »

Okay heres my 2cents. Axl lives in  a world based on loyalty and trust. Izzy, (he thought was the one he could trust above all else). Izzy broke it all in one big move. The End

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2004, 10:10:02 AM »

In short, Izzy was probably Axl's last link to planet earth. More than anyone from the original lineup, Izzy understood the importance of basic songwriting structure, good riffs, and good chord changes.
Its been 14 years of silence hihi

its been 14 years of pain

No offense to Izzy (or any of youze) but IMO Izzy leaving Guns had as much a bad effect on him, personally & professionally,? as it might've on Axl.
In those 14 years, Izzy has given us such great songs as ...Huh
And didn't Weiland throw out ALL of the stuff Izzy contributed to Contraband?

It is kinda sad when long time friends part ways but that's just life.? People grow in different directions sometimes.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2004, 11:09:07 AM »

However, I think that Axl has found a new musical backbone and collaborative partner with General Tommy Stinson.

I agree about Tommy, and I think Fortus is another good guy to have around. It's good to hear Tommy talk about how much input all the members have. There's a lot of talent in the new lineup.

I've seen enough.
FragileVision
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2004, 12:57:44 PM »

I agree, I think Stinson and Fortus are excellent guys to have in the band - They seem very enthusiastic, and loyal.

As for Izzy leaving, I definitely think that it had a huge effect on Axl - I mean, he's a fantastic lyricist and songwriter on his own, but the songs that he and Izzy cowrote just had a certain rock n' roll magic to them. Izzy is still my favorite Gunner, and I'll always miss his contributions.

But I'm extremely optimistic for what the new band has in store - I think that Stinson and Fortus have the right rock sensibilities to recapture an Izzy-like feeling for the music.

I tried to see it your way...
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2004, 02:17:46 PM »

I still dont understand whats the big biff with Axl and the fact that Izzy went back to Indiana or said whatever in 1982... thats pretty weird and sad actually. It would seem as Axl doesnt accept people changing their minds and feels "betrayed" if they do.
I really wish Izzy would one day return atleast to write songs with Axl for a future album, seems far fetched but stranger things have happened.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: