Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:43:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What would you give to have the REAL GnFnR reunite?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you give to have the REAL GnFnR reunite?  (Read 24990 times)
lastroots
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 06:11:06 AM »

Nothing. The new band is great, even better than the old one.

/lastroots
SADIS
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2004, 06:20:58 AM »

Nothing. The new band is great, even better than the old one.

/lastroots

And that's based on the fact that:

a) You are in the band so you know exactly what they're doing and how good they have done it
b) You have alot of false hope based on false suggestions made by people who don't know shit
c) You are God and can see all
d) Otherwise:..........

I don't understand how people can actually say that the new band is better? You haven't heard shit! I mean, I also hope they are at least as good as the old band, maybe even better. But there is nothing to judge them on, so how can you be so millitant about it?
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2004, 07:41:19 AM »

I would happily give the life of "Where's Izzy".

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2004, 09:45:28 AM »

absolutely nothing. I live in the real world, a world in which Slash hates Axl

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

The reason we're all here is the old band. The music everyone loves was made by the old band.
True, I agree.
But I think the new band can Rock when they play Rock n' Roll (and not awfull industrial things).? Let's see what they will be able to do with their OWN stuff. I think that a guy like Richard Fortus has a great potential. I don't care of Buckethead at all however. I hope he will never come back on stage. I'd like to see him only for studio sessions. But not on stage because he makes the band look pathetic and ridiculous.?And he doesn't have any feeling. He is weird. He has nothing to do in a Rock band, especially in Guns n' Roses. Fortus + Finck is enought to give an exellent concert for me.( I would put Richard for lead because he is better than Finck). Buckethead can go home.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 10:33:12 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2004, 10:34:06 AM »

I don't know, I'd "give" maybe $100 for a concert ticket to see the original band in a one-off gig.? I definitely wouldn't want the original band to reunite and the new band to end, cause I like the current band more than the original.? ?ok

The reason we're all here is the old band. The music everyone loves was made by the old band.

Not me.   I know I'd heard a few Gn'R songs in the past (pre-2002), but nothing beyond the singles off Appetite and Nov. Rain.   It was hearing the bootlegs of the new band and the new songs that got me into Gn'R - Madagascar, specifically - and then discovering the old songs has been a great joy for me as I wait.  It is entirely the promise of the new band and what such amazing and talented musicians working together for Axl's vision that keeps me interested and excited about Guns N' Roses.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 10:36:45 AM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2004, 10:38:36 AM »

loretian, the music your heard was written by the old band. now you heard it played by the new band, but this is not their stuff...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2004, 10:52:33 AM »

Right now.. I wouldn't give a whole lot... I've now seen VR live, and hopefully will see the new GN'R one day. The thing is: I really like what the bands are doing right now.. I like the fact that Axl is (at least from what I've put together in my head) taken the sound another step forward from the Illusion days. And also that the ex-guns haven't stuck to the thing they know best. And I think this is the first time Slash has a 2nd guitar with him that has big role in a live environment...

But one day, for one show, or a few so that I'd see them all there as I was once too young.. Why not. But it really isn't up to me so I won't really worry about it.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2004, 10:57:01 AM »

Nothing, I like the current GN'R, and I don't want them to reunite if they don't like each other. I would give a lot of money to go back in time and see them play at the L.A Forum, on 08.03.1991, though. Wink

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2004, 11:13:41 AM »

Same here.coffee

Beside the new band and VR, the reunion seems to lose its luster.
I support their freedom.

The reason I'm here is the new band. headbanger
If I hadn?t heard new songs, I wouldn?t be reading your posts.

Then the answer is I'd give them shit.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2004, 11:30:20 AM »

loretian, the music your heard was written by the old band. now you heard it played by the new band, but this is not their stuff...

Madagascar is by the old band?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2004, 12:00:57 PM »

I think she meant hearing madagasar, the blues and cd got her into finding out about the old band.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2004, 12:22:35 PM »

I have no desire to see the old band in any form or fashion. 

Slash now has a relevant front man that inspires him to create music he believes in and get him recognized by a new audience.  Axl now has the chance to show if he's worth a damn without Izzy.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2004, 01:16:29 PM »

? Axl now has the chance to show if he's worth a damn without Izzy.

How so? Im not denying what Izzy did with gnr. Hes my second favorite member. I love Izzy. With that said, I think its safe to say Axl will survive without Izzy. Axl can write a great tune all by himself.

Its a Slash vs Axl thing. Not Axl cs Izzy. Will peopel be saying CD bombed becuase theres no Izzy? Or will they say CD sucks because theres no SLash?

Slash has shown on 2 seperate occasions that in order for him to be at his ultimate best he needs Axl. When Cd is released we will see where Axl stands in regards to SLash.

I don't care of Buckethead at all however. I hope he will never come back on stage. I'd like to see him only for studio sessions. But not on stage because he makes the band look pathetic and ridiculous.
Yet if that was the case you would be the first person to complain how this is not a band and how they have hired studio guns.

And he doesn't have any feeling.
LOl, some people will never undertsand bucket....

He is weird.
Who claimed he was normal Huh
If a reuinion of the original band was to get together, axl would have to publicly appologise to the original members in an interview or something
What did he do wrong?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 01:22:25 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2004, 01:26:17 PM »

Would this version of your reunion include Teddy?  How about Duff's brother matt playing horns (as he did for them back in 85/86) ?  How about Traci?  Wouldn't that be a real reunion? 

Face it, the version of GNR that recorded AFD is dead, we already had the funeral.  This version will need to release an album before a proper comparision can be made to the other versions (Steven vs. Matt vs. Brain etc.), however I have seen various incarnations of GNR live since 1986, and I must say that this is by far the most polished and professional version yet. 
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2004, 01:38:45 PM »

i dont want them to reunite yet

i want to see what this new band has, if they flop or something maybe....

That's exactly how I feel... let's see what the new guys can do.

I will say this, I don't think Axl will be able to sing like a rock star very much longer, so a reunion in 10-15 years (eg. the hall of fame or something similar) would be a joke.

I've seen enough.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2004, 02:01:15 PM »

Axl can write a great tune all by himself.

That's a matter of opinion.

Its a Slash vs Axl thing. Not Axl cs Izzy. Will peopel be saying CD bombed becuase theres no Izzy? Or will they say CD sucks because theres no SLash?

They'll say it because of Slash's absence, the ordinary fan and critic for that matter will always see it that way.

Slash has shown on 2 seperate occasions that in order for him to be at his ultimate best he needs Axl.

Slash lacked a creative foil on the Snakepit records for sure.? However, Scott obviously took Slash to levels of creative inspiration Axl couldn't toward the end of their (Axl and Slash) relationship.? Slash obviously believes in Scott where he'd lost all faith in Axl's creative vision.?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2004, 02:26:19 PM »

I'm not talking about the old music, I'm talking about the new songs, like Madagascar, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, etc.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2004, 02:34:20 PM »

Its an opinion that many peopel feel the same about.

However, Scott obviously took Slash to levels of creative inspiration Axl couldn't toward the end of their (Axl and Slash) relationship
You cant compare what Scott has done with Slash to what Axl has done with Slash at the end of gnr. We have no material to go on. By Axl's account, he says the material was very promising.

What levels of creative inspiration has Slash achieved. Even the people who like the album say its just a regular rock album.

Slash obviously believes in Scott where he'd lost all faith in Axl's creative vision. 
Thats fine. But its not like SLash was dying to be with Weiland. He first went with snakepit then he finally decided to make a band that can make some sort of musical impact. And when he did, he had a tryout. Its not like he went directly to Scott and said your the guy I want.

And whose to say if Slash was correct in his descison on Axls vision. I know I cant say either way. We havnt heard Axls vision.

Yea if Slash wanted to just jam, bal bla bla, he made the right move. BUt lets say he stayed. ANd worked and compromised with Axl, I can almost guarentee the material would have been a lot better than snakepit and vr. And if Slash stayed we would have atleast 2 gnr albums by now.

Im not bashing his preference of how he wants to make music or his music philosophy. SLash wants to jam and keep it simple. More power to him.

CD will decide who had the "better" vision.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
chas
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2004, 02:56:17 PM »

Axl can write a great tune all by himself.

They'll say it because of Slash's absence, the ordinary fan and critic for that matter will always see it that way.

Slash has shown on 2 seperate occasions that in order for him to be at his ultimate best he needs Axl.

Slash lacked a creative foil on the Snakepit records for sure.? However, Scott obviously took Slash to levels of creative inspiration Axl couldn't toward the end of their (Axl and Slash) relationship.? Slash obviously believes in Scott where he'd lost all faith in Axl's creative vision.?

Yes Slash lost belief in Axls creative vision. Slash wanted to release the snakepit albums under the GnR name, his vision of what GnR should be was a complete failure. We will 'soon' see what Axl will deliver.

I think the new band should release CD, and if theres any truth behind the story that theres loads more songs nearly ready, release that too. VR looks like it will also be around for a couple of years releasing stuff. Only then should they reunite, they owe it to the fans and to themselves i think. It would be huge, every GnR's fan dream, or at least mine. Wink

P.S   I know chances are pretty slim of it happening, but you never know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: