Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:49:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl keeps working and writing new songs ....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl keeps working and writing new songs ....  (Read 2443 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: November 29, 2004, 05:04:08 AM »

maybe thats why it's taking so long. it's like when you do a drawing or something, you're doing it, and then one day, you find out about a new technique or you see a cool thing in a book, so you wanna try to do it, and you forget about the 1st drawing you were doing.
i think axl is like that.
he is working on madagascar and all, they're pretty much done, and then he reads a magazine and find out about a new way of singing by putting chocoloate in your mouth (just an example) and well he tries it, so he forget about madagascar, and so on ....

with technology progessing, with his mind getting older and learning about new stuff he keeps having new ideas i guess, and well ... this album is never gonna come out .....  Embarrassed

anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 05:11:24 AM »

Or not.

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 05:41:46 AM »

Forget?HuhHuhHuhHuh??
Man,we are living in 2004,so you can tape something you do!!1
So Axl didn't forget anything!!1
Maybe he have founded new inspiration from day to day,but he hadn't forgetten anything
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 07:24:09 AM »

when i say forget i mean, he goes on another project ... he is like putting some song aside, and starts working on something else, i'm like that (not with songs, but during sexual activity ...uh...anyway)

i'm sure the tracklist changed 100 times and few of the songs that were supposed to be in 4 years ago are now in a garbage can. this is normal.

let say axl, between 2003 and now, starts working on a song X.
and let say , he had the song Z done in 2001. you can be sure that he is more into song X than song Z, so he wants to put X on CD and not Z, so X+Z :: 2 CD, but we know that CD is 1 CD, so X :: CD and Z :/: CD. (or vice versa)

simple.
or that would be weird to release a cd with songs that are 5 years old for him, while he has fresh cool songs in his head that he just finished.

PS :
:: = is included in
:/: = is not included in

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 07:26:40 AM »

Ah, rale you?re the best. Grin

One Funniest thread ever, wat-ever you?re bugging.
I think most of serious art creators have such a tendency like you have.
But
You must learn when to stop coz you know, Art is long life is short??Er?..maybe a wrong interpretation. Embarrassed

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 07:28:33 AM »

I'm not good at algebra ... maybe that's why I can't keep up with your posts Wat, they hurt my head.   Wink

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 07:47:05 AM »

WAT-EVER's idea isn't that bad. i mean axl probably was writting something and close to the end he got a new idea and was working on this and so on. so he didn't finish everything he started right away. and there's a point were he had/has to finish the songs he started with in the first place. and something like that takes a lot of time.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
terozz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 09:36:31 AM »

No harm in working on new song as long as he get the first album out..... drool
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 09:43:07 AM »

yeah thats got to be it... hes working and writing new songs...

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 09:49:51 AM »

WAT-EVER's idea isn't that bad. i mean axl probably was writting something and close to the end he got a new idea and was working on this and so on. so he didn't finish everything he started right away. and there's a point were he had/has to finish the songs he started with in the first place. and something like that takes a lot of time.
you got me Smiley

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2004, 10:36:33 AM »

I'm a big Axl fan, but I don't think this is the case at all. Axl is a perfectionist, that's true.
However, from all reports, he's not a workaholic. He's not a prolific songwriter. He's not the kind of guy who gets together with his songwriting partners on a regular basis and writes
new material.
He's a recluse, and he goes months without doing anything remotley related to the CD.
He's still amazingly talented, and I'm sure when he feels like it, he's dedicated to the project.
I just think it's taking so long because whatever personal or emotional issues Axl has severely affects his desire or ability to work on it.

insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2004, 11:47:43 AM »

I'm a big Axl fan, but I don't think this is the case at all. Axl is a perfectionist, that's true.
However, from all reports, he's not a workaholic. He's not a prolific songwriter. He's not the kind of guy who gets together with his songwriting partners on a regular basis and writes
new material.
He's a recluse, and he goes months without doing anything remotley related to the CD.
He's still amazingly talented, and I'm sure when he feels like it, he's dedicated to the project.
I just think it's taking so long because whatever personal or emotional issues Axl has severely affects his desire or ability to work on it.

I think BH quitting was one of the reasons why it's delayed.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2004, 11:55:32 AM »

And BH quitting was because of the delay.  Huh

The wheels of whatever fortune keep turning.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: