Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck writes a letter to the NY Times
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck writes a letter to the NY Times  (Read 83704 times)
RICHEY
« Reply #340 on: March 16, 2005, 02:19:58 AM »

FUCK AXL,FUCK HIS FAKE LAME ASS BAND,AND FUCK THIS BOARD.I'am done with all this bullshit. Your favorite band should bring you joy, should make you feel alive.....NOT DRAIN YOUR FUCKING SOUL!Coming here and seeing adults act like retards night after night is so depressing I want to put my fist through the screen.The man has no intention of ever giving you CD so GET THE FUCK OVER IT AND MOVE ON!
Warren
« Reply #341 on: March 16, 2005, 04:47:14 AM »

FUCK AXL,FUCK HIS FAKE LAME ASS BAND,AND FUCK THIS BOARD.I'am done with all this bullshit. Your favorite band should bring you joy, should make you feel alive.....NOT DRAIN YOUR FUCKING SOUL!Coming here and seeing adults act like retards night after night is so depressing I want to put my fist through the screen.The man has no intention of ever giving you CD so GET THE FUCK OVER IT AND MOVE ON!

rofl
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #342 on: March 16, 2005, 07:34:33 AM »

rofl

emoticon only replies are frowned upon by the moderation here.  peace

You know , like that guy I would also "move on" but knowing my luck I would leave and the very next day an announcement would happen and I would miss it.  yes

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2005, 07:56:11 AM »

rofl

emoticon only replies are frowned upon by the moderation here. peace

You know , like that guy I would also "move on" but knowing my luck I would leave and the very next day an announcement would happen and I would miss it. yes

Be nice to the rest of us then and take off, an announcement tomorrow would be nice! At least i would have a legit excuse to postpone my law exame with six months, that is if cd comes out i mean eh...  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2005, 08:00:26 AM »

rofl

emoticon only replies are frowned upon by the moderation here. peace

You know , like that guy I would also "move on" but knowing my luck I would leave and the very next day an announcement would happen and I would miss it. yes

Be nice to the rest of us then and take off, an announcement tomorrow would be nice! At least i would have a legit excuse to postpone my law exame with six months, that is if cd comes out i mean eh...  hihi

Cry But I dont wanna miss it.  Cry

p.s. , good luck with that law exam!  ok

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2005, 08:13:52 AM »

At least i would have a legit excuse to postpone my law exame with six months, that is if cd comes out i mean eh...  hihi
Do you call it a legit excuse...... Shocked

Good luck, mate.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #346 on: March 16, 2005, 08:15:37 AM »

i don't take anything a management company says seriously.

they are paid to say good things about their client. ?so you're not exaqctly getting an unbiased opinion there.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #347 on: March 16, 2005, 09:01:55 AM »

thanks guys, i need all the luck i can get lol! ok

I guess i wouldn't really call it a legit excuse and it's not very likely to happen before may 9. anyway so, but when CD finally comes i think i will take some serious time off to just stay home, smoke lots and lots of weed and listen to cd untill my ears bleed! Grin

If i don't see CD before i become(hopefully) a lawyer i'll use my position to sue Axl's ass off! And maybe slash's to just to meet him eh.. Grin

on topic:

they are paid to say good things about their client.  so you're not exaqctly getting an unbiased opinion there.

to this i can agree, although i wouldn't automaticly call it a lie eighter.. i guess we have to take all thats said with a grain of salt even when it comes from axl and slash...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #348 on: March 16, 2005, 10:52:16 AM »

they are paid to say good things about their client.  so you're not exaqctly getting an unbiased opinion there.

to this i can agree, although i wouldn't automaticly call it a lie eighter.. i guess we have to take all thats said with a grain of salt even when it comes from axl and slash...
Ditto. but I don't think a management company necessary says good things only for the client's sake. They have to say things to save their own ass as well, which, I think, is right of them.
in this case, they haven't righted the imbalance yet.
I wonder if it's Merck's decision or Axl's.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #349 on: March 16, 2005, 01:12:05 PM »

FUCK AXL,FUCK HIS FAKE LAME ASS BAND,AND FUCK THIS BOARD......NOT DRAIN YOUR FUCKING SOUL!Coming here and seeing adults act like retards night after night is so depressing.. GET THE FUCK OVER

you are talking about retards..why don't you start with your post and then come to tell who's retard and who's not.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2005, 01:43:33 PM »

rofl

getting a bit testy, no? hihi

my point was that it is not dissapointing to hear management making complimentary comments about the band.
and as far as what management 'has to' say..   truth is they don't have to say a thing
merck's including "2005" as the year of reckoning (so to speak) on 2 seperate occasions in particular... thats likely something he'll be 'called on' if the album does not marerialize as he expects... so in a way he is going out on a limb... sticking his neck out... his reputation on the line, no?  Even more so reason he could have considered not saying anything at all...
yet he did make the statements AND mark this year.  I wonder if some would prefer he said nothing?  What would that indicate?  That he is out of the loop or not encouraging his client's return perhaps.  That wouldn't be good IMO.  I prefer to hear Merck staking his reputation etc.  Doesn't make him the feared 'yes' man by any means.  Eventually we will see on what his comments were based.  Til then, yes - as always - nothing is gospel/set in stone etc.  Doesn't mean he is not a position to have his expectations set though.  And doesn't mean its wrong for him to share those with us.  We could go back a couple years in time and be amidst silence, no?  To whom would this be preferable?   peace
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2005, 08:05:23 PM »

my point was that it is not dissapointing to hear management making complimentary comments about the band.
and as far as what management 'has to' say..? ?truth is they don't have to say a thing
merck's including "2005" as the year of reckoning (so to speak) on 2 seperate occasions in particular... thats likely something he'll be 'called on' if the album does not marerialize as he expects... so in a way he is going out on a limb... sticking his neck out... his reputation on the line, no?? Even more so reason he could have considered not saying anything at all...
yet he did make the statements AND mark this year.? I wonder if some would prefer he said nothing?? What would that indicate?? That he is out of the loop or not encouraging his client's return perhaps.? That wouldn't be good IMO.? I prefer to hear Merck staking his reputation etc.? Doesn't make him the feared 'yes' man by any means.? Eventually we will see on what his comments were based.? Til then, yes - as always - nothing is gospel/set in stone etc.? Doesn't mean he is not a position to have his expectations set though.? And doesn't mean its wrong for him to share those with us.? We could go back a couple years in time and be amidst silence, no?? To whom would this be preferable?? ?peace

He's not 'sticking his neck out' that much in a commercial sense, its not like he's gonna lose his job if Axl doesn't pull through. The way I see it, if Axl releases and the album is a great success then Merck comes out of this smelling of Roses (sorry for the pun). If he doesn't, well he always has other high profile bands on his roster to fall back on.

Merck is managing a portfolio of artists, some reliable, trustworthy and good earners for Sanctuary. Others (e.g. Axl) are his high risk / return investments that could fail, but balanced with other acts and risk mitigation exercises (e.g. the back catalogue publishing deals) provide a  means of creating a decent return for Sanctuary.

As for the fans though, I believe he is providing some reassurance although I wish he would stick his neck out a little more...

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #352 on: March 17, 2005, 10:00:52 AM »

He's not 'sticking his neck out' that much in a commercial sense, its not like he's gonna lose his job if Axl doesn't pull through. The way I see it, if Axl releases and the album is a great success then Merck comes out of this smelling of Roses (sorry for the pun). If he doesn't, well he always has other high profile bands on his roster to fall back on.

Merck is managing a portfolio of artists, some reliable, trustworthy and good earners for Sanctuary. Others (e.g. Axl) are his high risk / return investments that could fail, but balanced with other acts and risk mitigation exercises (e.g. the back catalogue publishing deals) provide a  means of creating a decent return for Sanctuary.

As for the fans though, I believe he is providing some reassurance although I wish he would stick his neck out a little more...
Yep, Scabbie.
Still a company is obliged to stem the tide of every potential damage, even just a temporal one, to its reputation by prompt action. It's their responsibility.

I'm not talking about the letter written for GN'R fans.
I'm talking about the one yet unwritten for the NY times readers that are general and the investing public. They don't read GN'R boards do they? I doubt if they even read the Internet. They read The Financial Times and The Times. I don't know their equivalents in US tho.

Then, why Merck hasn't appealed to the readers on the paper?
Does anyone check the market and  how the share price responded to the article?
Maybe it didn't cause any noticeable fluctuation. Maybe the tide turned in favour of the idealist's side. I hope.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #353 on: March 17, 2005, 10:53:26 AM »

I've been talking to the kids around the high school,  95% of them careless for the new guns,  there more into Slash and VR.  If Merck wants Guns n Roses to fly with the kids, some news better come out soon before school is out. That would be a great for Axl, if those songs made it to the high school prom.   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #354 on: March 17, 2005, 11:03:53 AM »

I've been talking to the kids around the high school,  95% of them careless for the new guns,  there more into Slash and VR.  If Merck wants Guns n Roses to fly with the kids, some news better come out soon before school is out. That would be a great for Axl, if those songs made it to the high school prom.   

That actually makes alot of sence man. Good point. I think it would serve gnr best to get something going before the kids get out of school.

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #355 on: March 17, 2005, 11:13:59 AM »

I've been talking to the kids around the high school,? 95% of them careless for the new guns,? there more into Slash and VR.? If Merck wants Guns n Roses to fly with the kids, some news better come out soon before school is out. That would be a great for Axl, if those songs made it to the high school prom.? ?

The success of chinese democracy has nothing to do, imo, with the youngsters dancing to "the blues" in their prom.  rofl  Enough radio airplay, mtv, etc ....good promotion  will make it a success or a failure in terms of number of discs sold, which of course may have nothing to do with the quality of the music.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #356 on: March 19, 2005, 10:00:30 AM »

I've been talking to the kids around the high school,? 95% of them careless for the new guns,? there more into Slash and VR.? If Merck wants Guns n Roses to fly with the kids, some news better come out soon before school is out. That would be a great for Axl, if those songs made it to the high school prom.? ?

The success of chinese democracy has nothing to do, imo, with the youngsters dancing to "the blues" in their prom.? rofl? Enough radio airplay, mtv, etc ....good promotion? will make it a success or a failure in terms of number of discs sold, which of course may have nothing to do with the quality of the music.

Even if CD came out and  got nothing to do with music , in the first month of the release The name GUNS N ROSES makes most of people to buy the product.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: