Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:52:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Abundance of Light : 1990's to 2006
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Abundance of Light : 1990's to 2006  (Read 6512 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 12:45:24 PM »

one of my favorite shows of 2006 was definitely Dublin...

was in daylight, right? Tongue

wow, how I Love this shot! Thanks, Will! Cheesy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 01:29:33 PM »

was in daylight, right? Tongue

Yup! Grin

But then again, I loved the Paris show too, and it was indoor, "in the dark"... Wink

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 02:45:48 PM »

I didn't really pay attention to the lights. I do remember that during Patience, when Axl sings the line "'Cause the lights are shining bright", the lights would light up the crowd.

/jarmo

yeah the patience effect is real dramatic.

as will posted, daylight shows are awesome cause you can clearly see the different members and "feel" their presence as "real person simply palying an instrument "

indoor, with the amount of light the new band uses, there is an "unreal" dynamic that kinda annoys me a little bit.
too much smoke too.

an old show like Tokyo 92 or indiana 91 clearly render the use of neutral white light: you can define their face expression, their eyes, their clothes - it gives a "reality" bonus Smiley

for example in this picture

i find it amazing that you can detail the fabric, the sweat and the the way the bandana is tighten. i dont know. immersion  Grin
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 02:49:01 PM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 07:09:13 PM »

I love the band, whether old band in whatever light or new band in whatever light.

Although the darker hues with the new band, is a bit more mystic and modern.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 08:21:10 PM »

I'm on the side that too much stuff going on while they are playing sucks. The perfect example came when I saw the Motley Crue/Aerosmith concert this past fall. Motley Crue had about everything you could imagine on stage (fire, smoke, lights, dancers etc.) and then Aerosmith came out with nothing on the stage and just minimal amount of lights. It was partly due to Aerosmith just being a better band, but their show was way better because it seemed to be more about just jamming and playing music whereas Motley Crue was almost like a circus act.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 08:30:38 PM »

I'm on the side that too much stuff going on while they are playing sucks. The perfect example came when I saw the Motley Crue/Aerosmith concert this past fall. Motley Crue had about everything you could imagine on stage (fire, smoke, lights, dancers etc.) and then Aerosmith came out with nothing on the stage and just minimal amount of lights. It was partly due to Aerosmith just being a better band, but their show was way better because it seemed to be more about just jamming and playing music whereas Motley Crue was almost like a circus act.

Yeah, but that's about two different bands being different. Aerosmith comes from that old school 70's rock vibe, where it is about jamming and doing the best show musically. Whereas Motley Crue is infamous for their incredible stage show. If Motley came out without that, fans would be disappointed.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
darkmonth
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 09:42:28 PM »

this is NOT a old band vs. new band topic - i know how some people are touchy here

after cd.com, i wanted you guys opinion on that:

:confused:I was watching an old show today, and something felt wierd.
I couldnt put my finger on it. It was like " man, this is so clear .... "

And then i understood  Cheesy

in the 2001+ shows there is too much light !
too much light, too much fog and too much flashes.
That is why the old shows feels so clear.

It's not only the over use of back lights on the new set (2006), it's also the fact that the different members of the band are not under a clear spotlight.

The Tokyo 92 show (even if it has flaws) is a good example of a show where you can see everything. Each member is lighten the right way. well separated, by a neutral white light.

Do you find the use of too much ligjhting effect and colors in the 2006 shows kinda annoying ? too dramatic ?

that is also why some of the 2006 shows looks so good: day light.

what's your opinion on that? if you don"t care do not respond, you'll just look like a fool  Grin

thanks

I've been telling people this for a while now...

Old rock shows ... not just GnR... but a lot of old rock shows ... they look kick ass.  The bands look rawer.

The new GnR is great, but they're no where near as raw as the old band.  The production side of the new shows is a bit toooo slick for me.  All them purple lights and shit .. Tongue lol
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 01:17:54 AM »

But I gotta say that I had no problem seeing the band in first Helsinki show, as I was right next to the stage. But on the other night when I was little further, some of the light nearly made me blind for couple of seconds. Especially during LALD smoking

FYI, that was the case on the UYI tour too.

The strobelights were used during Live And Let Die back then too....

/jarmo

Yeah I know, but this was not just during Live And Let Die. I remember many times I looked at Tommy and then the strobes behind him would go like "WOOMM!" and I can't see nothing again. Didn't really bother me though, great gig peace

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 02:19:36 AM »

White-lights are much better than the purple/green/reds. I remember the strobe for Live and Let Die from the old shows. It seemed much more intense. I also miss Robin's army helmet.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN: