Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Updates) December 4, Bridgestone Arena @ Nashville (TN, USA)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Updates) December 4, Bridgestone Arena @ Nashville (TN, USA)  (Read 55686 times)
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2011, 06:51:45 PM »

WOW  drool

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »

what a fantastic souvenir ok followed you on twitter but sadly the feed was down when i checked in, what a great adventure you`ve been on Grin

Yeah, that is quite an adventure.

http://twitter.com/rickdunsford

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »

Trust me and I am one of the biggest critics on here *check my Karma*

His rasp/voice/energy EVERYTHING was perfect.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2011, 10:53:48 PM »

Man this band just keeps getting better and better.  beer Civil War sounded simply awesome!

I'm almost a bit disappointed that GNR already played Finland last year, 'cause theyve obviously vastly improved since then...

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2011, 03:31:12 AM »

- and no, Estranged and Civil War never werent the fans' request in the 1st place. Axl's exact words about possible old Guns' songs live editions said in his online chats 12/2008 were "Estranged and Civil War probably somewhere."

Get over yourself.

I'm pretty sure fans wished for GN'R to play those songs back in 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2007.

I'm not surprised you're in this thread, where everybody else is excited about the song being back in the set after almost 20 years, trying to bring others down with your "comments".

You're so predictable. Go back to reading setlists and watching Youtube clips.

Nothing is ever good enough for you, always something wrong.
So sad.

I'm tired of people like you taking every single opportunity to change the course of a POSITIVE discussion into something negative.

It's quite obvious this message board doesn't fit your needs.

This isn't the "I read the setlist and didn't like the show" or "I watch bootlegs so I know what's going on" site.
Go somewhere else with your "opinion".

Your act is old. You've done it for a few tours now.

Just because you're the same person you were 20 years ago, doesn't mean everybody else is.

The crowd who were at the show loved the performance.
Real fans who read about it and/or saw the clips, loved it

People like you whine, whine and whine.

/jarmo

Axl himself said it about those 2 song editions in 12/2008 already, he had it in his mind for at least 3 years, get over it, not whining, its a fact  Kiss
and fans wish lots of songs to be played for years, what an argument...off course most people are happy with any unplayed track added to the live shows!!

no need to twist it into negative here, thats what YOU put it. i already said i like this! but when people say CW 2011 sounds like the studio version i disagree. and once again that doesnt make it sound more bad, Jesus Fuckin' Christ!!

Re-Union time, baby!!
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2011, 04:01:14 AM »

I would love to heard Estranged and Civil War with his rasp voice,BUT im happy with both song in the setlist.
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2011, 05:42:07 AM »

I finally got my vids and photos uploaded from the Concert!! Wow what an amazing time! im glad i decided to get tickets at the last minute!! I had a blast and it was unreal that they played Civil War!! Axl was in a great mood, and sounded the best he has all tour!!Me and one of my best friends had an amazing time (and it really shows on the vids)  rofl :facepalm: *didn't realize i was that lit up!! but we were having the times of our lives! During Nightrain DJ ran up the lower level and was literally 3 ft away from us! awesome i tried to record and hit pause .... damn
but hey never claimed to be a professional bootlegger !! just a fucking GN'R fan that's also a fan of having a good F'n time and a fan of some pre game beers and thats what its all about!!! lol   Tongue beer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MemPYKN2pT4 (Civil War pt 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gRkD84uEII(Civil war pt 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MixhHjJNfL8(Dont Cry)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGn9HPvhHeg(This I Love)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442YVSBGEXw(Rocket Queen)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4CaoCn2nzM(Estranged 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi4jV3_gHWQ(Estranged 2)

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2011, 09:50:36 AM »

Oh wow, civil war - what a set list..  the clips of civil war had me in goosebumps - brought back memories of hearing that song first time I listened to UYI on my walkman (heh heh) and how loud I used to turn it up.  I used to listen to Civil war over and over the first few weeks I had the Illusion albums - that song really made an impression on me, it sounded crazy good from the clips, hope they all enjoyed playing it as much as we lOVE that they played it!  beer what a tour what a tour
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:41:51 AM by Julia » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2011, 11:26:08 AM »

Axl himself said it about those 2 song editions in 12/2008 already, he had it in his mind for at least 3 years, get over it, not whining, its a fact  Kiss

Silly as usual.

If he had it in mind in 2008, why wasn't neither song performed live in 2009 or 2010?

Only this tour that started in 2011?

Maybe you can tell us the answer since you got the quotes for everything?

You make it sound like the fans' requests had nothing to do with the songs being back in the set.
I disagree. I don't know. But you pull out a three year old quote to "prove" your point.

Are you saying the fans in Brazil who thank the band for playing Estranged there are idiots? Because their requests didn't mean anything?

no need to twist it into negative here, thats what YOU put it. i already said i like this! but when people say CW 2011 sounds like the studio version i disagree. and once again that doesnt make it sound more bad, Jesus Fuckin' Christ!!

Yeah, your posts never come off as negative.

You're like a ray of positivity!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:28:27 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »

- and no, Estranged and Civil War never werent the fans' request in the 1st place. Axl's exact words about possible old Guns' songs live editions said in his online chats 12/2008 were "Estranged and Civil War probably somewhere."

Get over yourself.

I'm pretty sure fans wished for GN'R to play those songs back in 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2007.

I'm not surprised you're in this thread, where everybody else is excited about the song being back in the set after almost 20 years, trying to bring others down with your "comments".

You're so predictable. Go back to reading setlists and watching Youtube clips.

Nothing is ever good enough for you, always something wrong.
So sad.

I'm tired of people like you taking every single opportunity to change the course of a POSITIVE discussion into something negative.

It's quite obvious this message board doesn't fit your needs.

This isn't the "I read the setlist and didn't like the show" or "I watch bootlegs so I know what's going on" site.
Go somewhere else with your "opinion".

Your act is old. You've done it for a few tours now.

Just because you're the same person you were 20 years ago, doesn't mean everybody else is.

The crowd who were at the show loved the performance.
Real fans who read about it and/or saw the clips, loved it

People like you whine, whine and whine.

/jarmo

and fans wish lots of songs to be played for years, what an argument...off course most people are happy with any unplayed track added to the live shows!!

Why do you have to be so literal?  People were understandably excited that Civil War was played.  If they come on and say it was "the best performance ever", nobody needs you to do research and find a better performance from The Who in 1972.  Just let it be my man.  THAT works better in real life too sometimes.  Just saying.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »

You define "village idiot". Big mouth, no sense.

Name 2 songs more requested. Key word is "more".

Estranged was the classic not played since the early 90's.

Civil War is the song that announded GN'R's return post AFD-era. It hit the radio out of nowhere and was the only release until the UYI releases over one year later.

I remember calling every record store in the Philly area, after I heard Civil War's radio debut, begging for information on a UYI release date.

Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, so I couldn't search for a release date.

I heard horrible things like, "I don't see it happening for another year". Frigin eternity for a kid back then.

I bought the Romainian Relief Fund cd to have Civil War.

Civil War was HUGE in the GNR timeline.

Next up was You Could Be Mine which came out months before the UYI release for Terminator II.

It was a great one-year period for Guns N' Roses fans.

Anyone see that new Justin Beiber commercial, I think its a Macy's commercial where grown men scream like girls when they see Justin. That was me in the car when I first heard Civil war. My back-then girlfriend was in my car with me and I'm pretty sure that was the "Jump The Shark" moment in our relationship for her. It wasn't much longer after that that she moved on.

Playing Civil War live, with this version of GNR, is a symbol of the steamrolling strength of this band and its future.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2011, 01:47:24 PM »

@Jarmo:
not sure, but following Axl's words some closer it appears that he often has a long-time-plan for GN'R related stuff...which he somehow sticks to but it just takes him longer to succeed in his way. there are many examples for that. in general it all goes some slow in progress with Axl and Guns (recordings, releases, setlists, whatever). why 2011 not before? next to the background just given i'd guess he really wanted to concentrate on his CD baby after the release first. the "3 years quote"......well, axl simply said it back then and dont forget he didnt tour for about a year end of 2008-end of 2009, so its not like we had soooo much shows in 2009 or 2011 (yet). we've even had a pretty much dead 2009 where Axl referred it being the "hardest year ever" to him (or similar, check the 2009 Tokyo(?) recording). anyway checking the 2009+ setlists....Estranged and CW are the only old Guns edits in their live sets i think (not counting cover songs). maybe fans' requests did help? maybe Ron's solo teaser (similar to what brought back Dont Cry live) did help? could very well be, but who knows. Axl definately had those 2 songs in mind back in 12/2008.
as an anlogy i'd also like to dig out the "Perfect Crime" 2006 requests...what got more requested in 2006 when there was some kind of official written possible setlist on some official GN'R page with that song on it.
i did never bash any fans about requests and to even think i'd rate Brazilian fans stupid for a request section (online i think? i didnt follow that any close), this is an unfair insult! i always had lots of respect for south american fans in general!

@kev money:
nice bashing, could you, Jarmo, give negative karma for that person aswell please? insulting is against the board rules, isnt it? thank you!
anyway, i like both songs a lot by myself, there is no need to praise them and give me your UYI time review, i've been there, too. but hope it made you feel better. as for main public fans' requests: COMA comes right out of my head aswell.
oh, you forgot KOHD studio release (Days of Thunder, 1990).

@faldor:
my CW response was directed to someone who said it sounded like the studio version - which it simply doesnt mainly because of Axl's different voice, thats all!! there was never a "better CW performance" talking by me! that judgement is to everyone's own, very subjective. i'm happy for everyone to have experienced that version live, if they rate it the ultimative ever....more power to them, GN'R music made them a good time again!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:50:20 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

Agreed, amazing   Shocked

On another note, what the hell is everyone arguing about?   peace

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sandman83
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2011, 03:07:01 PM »

A few pictures I took.  I'm still on a fuckin high from this show!

redrose
Headliner

« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2011, 03:20:13 PM »

Please stop the bashing and live in the present, not past.

Just enjoy everything you see and can watch or hear.
Be thankful for the things you have like  what you can see on the net of this amazing band is doing for the fans and also for them selves.
redrose
Headliner

« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2011, 03:21:52 PM »

Sandman you have a great picture of the band.
Well done.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »

@kev money:

oh, you forgot KOHD studio release (Days of Thunder, 1990).

KOHD didn't signal the long-awaited arrival of AFD's follow-up hitting the record store shelves.

Civil War did.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »

I still have the cassette single of Civil War/you could be mine! It was one of the first "singles" of GN'R I ever bought! Lol at singles , you guys remember them  Tongue

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »

let's to be real...in 2002 and 2006 we had a good band and lot of emotions,but in 2010 and 2011 with DJ we have really amazing and perspective band and I'm sure Axl know and see it,so we can except lot of suprises in next days.Was arena full?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: