Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion  (Read 52239 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2015, 07:42:08 PM »

what exactly was innaccurate? werent you saying a while back that anyone who thought cd was one of the best albums of all time is just lying to themselves ? instead of dancing around like this, why not just say how you felt about cd? how much did you like it? if im wrong and you actually loved it, then i guess i just imagined that you said discouraging things about it, and if i actually did that, then my bad. if you thought cd was awesome, i could understand you wanting more. if not, then i dont get it. more of the same. cd 2. straight from the horses mouth.

I said I thought it was good, not great.  I liked it overall.

But I also said it is my belief people that say things like "it's seriously the best rock record of the past 10 years" and things of that nature feel some sort of duty to say so.  To justify the wait, and so forth.  Yes, I believe that. 

This might be what you are referring to.

Now, I'm not in their heads.  I'm not definitively saying that is why they do it.  I think they do, for the reasons I've just stated and because I have never really seen anyone go down that road that was not a total Axl acolyte.  That's what I base it on.

You may also be thiniking of me saying that, because I absolutely did.

I'd like to hear CD 2.  I've only said so about a million times and pressed, some would say unfairly, to try and figure out what the fuck is taking all this time.

Not sure where you'd get I'm not interested...

...unless, you are going to try and tell me what I *really* think.  That this is all some ruse and I have some evil agenda.

Because that, would be inaccurate.

(tied it all together at the end, see that?)

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2015, 10:01:36 PM »

what exactly was innaccurate? werent you saying a while back that anyone who thought cd was one of the best albums of all time is just lying to themselves ? instead of dancing around like this, why not just say how you felt about cd? how much did you like it? if im wrong and you actually loved it, then i guess i just imagined that you said discouraging things about it, and if i actually did that, then my bad. if you thought cd was awesome, i could understand you wanting more. if not, then i dont get it. more of the same. cd 2. straight from the horses mouth.

But I also said it is my belief people that say things like "it's seriously the best rock record of the past 10 years" and things of that nature feel some sort of duty to say so.  To justify the wait, and so forth.  Yes, I believe that. 

Now, I'm not in their heads.  I'm not definitively saying that is why they do it.  I think they do, for the reasons I've just stated and because I have never really seen anyone go down that road that was not a total Axl acolyte.  That's what I base it on.

I'd like to hear CD 2.  I've only said so about a million times and pressed, some would say unfairly, to try and figure out what the fuck is taking all this time.

...unless, you are going to try and tell me what I *really* think.  That this is all some ruse and I have some evil agenda.

hearing you say that just blows me away. i bought a new ps3 last night and just imported cd onto it. i have been listening to it on my phone since i got here once in a while and am so excited to hear it on a better sound system for a change. it is my favorite album. what you said is so unfair... you want people to give the art a chance, you said so yourself. but then you say that if they like it too much, its not possible for them to like it that much because of the art itself or they must have an agenda. you both predict the contents of my mind, say you are unable to do so, and then tell me not to do the same to you. thats a fancy double standard isnt it?

i thought i heard jarmo reference some self proclaimed mission you had. would you be willing to share that again? i cant find it anywhere. im really curious about it. honestly, to me it does seem like your mission is to put down gnr. i dont know you and i cant read minds, but to me it just seems obvious. this is not me cooking something up. its just my simple first impression after reading your library of posts over the years. i could be wrong, maybe ill hear your mission statement and go oh i get it now, THATS what hes been getting at.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2015, 10:13:16 PM »

hearing you say that just blows me away. i bought a new ps3 last night and just imported cd onto it. i have been listening to it on my phone since i got here once in a while and am so excited to hear it on a better sound system for a change. it is my favorite album. what you said is so unfair... you want people to give the art a chance, you said so yourself. but then you say that if they like it too much, its not possible for them to like it that much because of the art itself or they must have an agenda. you both predict the contents of my mind, say you are unable to do so, and then tell me not to do the same to you. thats a fancy double standard isnt it?

i thought i heard jarmo reference some self proclaimed mission you had. would you be willing to share that again? i cant find it anywhere. im really curious about it. honestly, to me it does seem like your mission is to put down gnr. i dont know you and i cant read minds, but to me it just seems obvious. this is not me cooking something up. its just my simple first impression after reading your library of posts over the years. i could be wrong, maybe ill hear your mission statement and go oh i get it now, THATS what hes been getting at.

Let's start simple:  Do you think CD is better than AFD (or UYI I or II for that matter)?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2015, 10:45:22 PM »

I love all of those albums. But the content of cd and the themes running through it are so much more relevant to me. Apetite was about partying and being wild right? I cant relate to that as much anymore.

UYI was awesome, but it was to me a little fragmented feeling. Like everything didnt fit together well enough. I think it should have been trimmed and polished, made into one album. Its important for me that an album flows seamlessly. A big Floyd fan.

With CD I get axls vocals which to me are unparalleled by any other artist, I get a seamless album with many details painstakingly woven in by literally virtuoso artists, and I get content that is moving and relevant to how I actually think and feel. And the trippiness factor is more present on CD than previous albums. Again, big Floyd fan. Zeppelin too.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:48:17 PM by rj seitz » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2015, 10:51:07 PM »

Let's start simple:  Do you think CD is better than AFD (or UYI I or II for that matter)?

Yeah, that's a good way to put it.

Its not that I dislike CD, but its an easy #4 on that list.  I just don't think it really stands up to classic GNR material.

And I guess I'm skeptical if others think it not only stands up, but surpasses it.

Even though there are some songs I really love (TWAT, IRS, Prostitute).  And I still listen to the material pretty often.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2015, 10:53:08 PM »

With CD I get axls vocals which to me are unparalleled by any other artist, I get a seamless album with many details painstakingly woven in by literally virtuoso artists, and I get content that is moving and relevant to how I actually think and feel. And the trippiness factor is more present on CD than previous albums. Again, big Floyd fan. Zeppelin too.

I think CD is the best album sonically and does sound amazing.

I thought what Mike Clink did back in the day was great.  But on a good set of headphones, UYI is good, but CD is great.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2015, 10:58:39 PM »

I would like to know what is that actual last song Axl wrote.

We know that some of the songs written for Cd, where written nearly 20 years ago....

Even out of the songs on CD, not even the non released ones.  What song was written most recently...

I am asking this because I am reading lots of how people feel the music has changed in the band and Axls writing has evolved..

How can we possibly discuss this when nobody can actually say for sure when a song was written...

For all I know, Guns will release the vault CD material.  And some of those songs could of been written and recorded before the ones released on CD
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2015, 11:01:17 PM »

The Baconman dropping some good points.  No real dates of frame of reference on these suckers.

We only know how old TWAT and IRS are due to those 1999 demo leaks.  We'd never know otherwise.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »

Yeah, that's a good way to put it.

Its not that I dislike CD, but its an easy #4 on that list.  I just don't think it really stands up to classic GNR material.

And I guess I'm skeptical if others think it not only stands up, but surpasses it.

Even though there are some songs I really love (TWAT, IRS, Prostitute).  And I still listen to the material pretty often.

Have you ever listened to cd on psychadellics? Im tellin ya, you will trip balls sonny. The content of those other albums seems shallow in comparison. You dont get that deep emotional and psychological journey, and to me, thats what music is all about.

Maybe I dont give you enough credit sometimes. Your opinion seems fair enough to me this round.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »

I think CD is the best album sonically and does sound amazing.

I thought what Mike Clink did back in the day was great.  But on a good set of headphones, UYI is good, but CD is great.

Strongly agree.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #230 on: November 13, 2015, 11:04:28 PM »

Maybe I dont give you enough credit sometimes. Your opinion seems fair enough to me this round.

I try to be fair a lot of the time.  I at least try to explain where I'm coming from.

I'm not looking to just fight or smear my shit on the walls here.

But I'm a smartass, and sometimes, it doesn't land.  Or come off the way I was going for.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2015, 11:20:47 PM »

The Baconman dropping some good points.  No real dates of frame of reference on these suckers.

We only know how old TWAT and IRS are due to those 1999 demo leaks.  We'd never know otherwise.

This I Love, was written many many years ago as well...   

Then you can also get into....

How long the music was written prior too..

Two examples I know of

1) Better.  Robin brought this song in.  Mid to late 90s.  How long had he had this melody written for?
2) Sorry.  Bucket brought this song in.  Late 90s early 00s.  How long had he had the music for this song written for?

No imagine we get the unreleased songs from this recording period....  Same questions.

I really like the album CD.   

But it is not album that flows

Its not a album that has evolved

Its a album with songs chosen from a vast pool of songs all written by different people over many many different years and times and places
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2015, 11:26:51 PM »

I try to be fair a lot of the time.  I at least try to explain where I'm coming from.

But I'm a smartass, and sometimes, it doesn't land.  Or come off the way I was going for.

i was talking to ginger, but sometimes you as well can be more fair than others, and i do admire your gnr knowledge.

sometimes im a bit harsh. i plan to make a new years resolution about not interfering or trying to correct the manifestations of others but to accept them as they are. well see how that goes. i may have to move over to nightrain if i want to be successful at that because i do get pretty intense about gnr. i just cant stand all the negativity surrounding the bands fanbase. it really sems to piss me off. so maybe it would be better for most if just moved there. i do sincerely like jarmo though, hes been good to me, and when i feel like hes being bullied or ganged up on its hard not to step in. hes such a nice guy, and i feel like people take advantage of that. htgth needs a poster like jim over at gnr truth to help balance things out, and sometimes i think maybe i can be that guy, but ultimately i dont have the time, wits, or connections to gnr he does so i wouldnt be as effective. i wish he was a poster here, i feel like it would make things more fair.

to say cd doesnt flow is mind boggling to me. its like a story or movie. it takes you on a journey as i said above, and a very epic and profound one at that. whether or not it has evolved over time is not important to me. even if the time was needed just to make sure axl wouldnt regret releasing it, to me that was a good call on his part and it must have taken a lot of patience to wait it out like that. bravo.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2015, 03:33:23 AM »

Two examples I know of

1) Better.  Robin brought this song in.  Mid to late 90s.  How long had he had this melody written for?
2) Sorry.  Bucket brought this song in.  Late 90s early 00s.  How long had he had the music for this song written for?

No imagine we get the unreleased songs from this recording period....  Same questions.

Its a album with songs chosen from a vast pool of songs all written by different people over many many different years and times and places

I think it flows very well, I enjoy listening to the album in it's entirety.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2015, 03:59:28 AM »

Two examples I know of

me too. thats the thing... nowadays everybody listens to singles and party music. anything harder to digest than that is hard to get picked up on by folks. people can barely endure a full song, let alone an album. smart phones have made our attention spans weaker than ever. text message, music, game, oh look boobs, funny video, im hungry, all in under a minute. but me, give me an hour long block of continuity, and something deep. if it doesnt make me feel like getting wasted and going wild, i can live with that. i like things that make me reflect, help me step out of my little me and see the bigger picture. maddagascar, prostitute, catcher in the rye, to name a few, they did that for me. they did it hard. i want more of that. i want wizard of oz. not tmz.

if cd doesnt have any flow, i dont know what does. if you want to go somewhere, from a to z and see some sights along the way, cd is a damn good way to do it. cd was like the miyazaki film of rock to me. it was a psychadellic/emotional/psychological/hollywood magic jungle.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2015, 05:26:11 AM »

Two examples I know of

me too. thats the thing... nowadays everybody listens to singles and party music. anything harder to digest than that is hard to get picked up on by folks. people can barely endure a full song, let alone an album. smart phones have made our attention spans weaker than ever. text message, music, game, oh look boobs, funny video, im hungry, all in under a minute. but me, give me an hour long block of continuity, and something deep. if it doesnt make me feel like getting wasted and going wild, i can live with that. i like things that make me reflect, help me step out of my little me and see the bigger picture. maddagascar, prostitute, catcher in the rye, to name a few, they did that for me. they did it hard. i want more of that. i want wizard of oz. not tmz.

if cd doesnt have any flow, i dont know what does. if you want to go somewhere, from a to z and see some sights along the way, cd is a damn good way to do it. cd was like the miyazaki film of rock to me. it was a psychadellic/emotional/psychological/hollywood magic jungle.

I am glad you love the album as much as you do.

I personally really love a couple songs on the album

Like even more

I tbink Bucketheads work was off the charts
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2015, 07:44:12 AM »

Anything Goes, Back Off Bitch, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Don't Cry etc. Songs that were years old before they were released.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2015, 09:03:54 AM »

Two examples I know of

I am glad you love the album as much as you do.

I personally really love a couple songs on the album

Like even more

I tbink Bucketheads work was off the charts

For me, I think I was just too excited to hear new  music by Axl. I don't think I was objective during that first year as a result.  I don't listen to CD as much nowadays. There are some good songs, but not great. If I do listen it's mostly for: "Better", "TWAT",  "CD", "I.R.S", "Prostitute", and "SOD".

I think "This I Love" goes back to when Slash was in the band.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »

i was talking to ginger, but sometimes you as well can be more fair than others, and i do admire your gnr knowledge.

sometimes im a bit harsh. i plan to make a new years resolution about not interfering or trying to correct the manifestations of others but to accept them as they are. well see how that goes. i may have to move over to nightrain if i want to be successful at that because i do get pretty intense about gnr. i just cant stand all the negativity surrounding the bands fanbase. it really sems to piss me off. so maybe it would be better for most if just moved there. i do sincerely like jarmo though, hes been good to me, and when i feel like hes being bullied or ganged up on its hard not to step in. hes such a nice guy, and i feel like people take advantage of that. htgth needs a poster like jim over at gnr truth to help balance things out, and sometimes i think maybe i can be that guy, but ultimately i dont have the time, wits, or connections to gnr he does so i wouldnt be as effective. i wish he was a poster here, i feel like it would make things more fair.

to say cd doesnt flow is mind boggling to me. its like a story or movie. it takes you on a journey as i said above, and a very epic and profound one at that. whether or not it has evolved over time is not important to me. even if the time was needed just to make sure axl wouldnt regret releasing it, to me that was a good call on his part and it must have taken a lot of patience to wait it out like that. bravo.

We already have Emily who plays the Jim role to perfection.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »

"I wrote and recorded a new love song that I want on the next record called This I Love, that's the heaviest thing that I've ever done." (Axl, Hit Parader, 1993)

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: