Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:36:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion  (Read 52240 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2015, 09:16:53 AM »

The Baconman dropping some good points.  No real dates of frame of reference on these suckers.

We only know how old TWAT and IRS are due to those 1999 demo leaks.  We'd never know otherwise.

This I Love, was written many many years ago as well...   

Then you can also get into....

How long the music was written prior too..

Anything Goes, Back Off Bitch, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Don't Cry etc. Songs that were years old before they were released.  Smiley

/jarmo

YCBM has always been the quintessential Guns song for me.

All of these songs were not recorded before the illusions sessions tho right ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »

The lyric "With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done" from the chorus appeared on the inner sleeve of Guns N' Roses' debut album Appetite for Destruction, released in 1987 (the song had already been written by then)

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2015, 09:42:43 AM »

The lyric "With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done" from the chorus appeared on the inner sleeve of Guns N' Roses' debut album Appetite for Destruction, released in 1987 (the song had already been written by then)

The lyrics could have been written at any time , I just meant were any of those songs recorded earlier on and held back for the illusions albums.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2015, 10:09:43 AM »

What did I say?

/jarmo

Well it's just that what happens next is probably the worst kept secret in Hollywood.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2015, 10:19:06 AM »

The lyrics could have been written at any time , I just meant were any of those songs recorded earlier on and held back for the illusions albums.

GNR guitarist Slash wrote in his biography that an 18-minute version of "November Rain" was recorded in 1986 prior the band recording "Appetite For Destruction."

Read more: http://www.musicbanter.com/lyrics/Guns-N-Roses-November-Rain.html#ixzz3rTm9rnbV

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2015, 10:53:31 AM »

@Jarmo  are you sure you are not arguing against something you know is going on?   That wouldn't be very cool if you did. 

What did I say?

Well it's just that what happens next is probably the worst kept secret in Hollywood.

Explain your original comment.

Thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2015, 01:10:45 PM »

The Baconman dropping some good points.  No real dates of frame of reference on these suckers.

We only know how old TWAT and IRS are due to those 1999 demo leaks.  We'd never know otherwise.

This I Love, was written many many years ago as well...   

Then you can also get into....

How long the music was written prior too..

Two examples I know of

1) Better.  Robin brought this song in.  Mid to late 90s.  How long had he had this melody written for?
2) Sorry.  Bucket brought this song in.  Late 90s early 00s.  How long had he had the music for this song written for?

No imagine we get the unreleased songs from this recording period....  Same questions.

I really like the album CD.   

But it is not album that flows

Its not a album that has evolved

Its a album with songs chosen from a vast pool of songs all written by different people over many many different years and times and places

I think it flows very well, I enjoy listening to the album in it's entirety.

me too. thats the thing... nowadays everybody listens to singles and party music. anything harder to digest than that is hard to get picked up on by folks. people can barely endure a full song, let alone an album. smart phones have made our attention spans weaker than ever. text message, music, game, oh look boobs, funny video, im hungry, all in under a minute. but me, give me an hour long block of continuity, and something deep. if it doesnt make me feel like getting wasted and going wild, i can live with that. i like things that make me reflect, help me step out of my little me and see the bigger picture. maddagascar, prostitute, catcher in the rye, to name a few, they did that for me. they did it hard. i want more of that. i want wizard of oz. not tmz.

if cd doesnt have any flow, i dont know what does. if you want to go somewhere, from a to z and see some sights along the way, cd is a damn good way to do it. cd was like the miyazaki film of rock to me. it was a psychadellic/emotional/psychological/hollywood magic jungle.

I am glad you love the album as much as you do.

I personally really love a couple songs on the album

Like even more

I tbink Bucketheads work was off the charts

For me, I think I was just too excited to hear new  music by Axl. I don't think I was objective during that first year as a result.  I don't listen to CD as much nowadays. There are some good songs, but not great. If I do listen it's mostly for: "Better", "TWAT",  "CD", "I.R.S", "Prostitute", and "SOD".

I think "This I Love" goes back to when Slash was in the band.

As much as I really like the album and love a couple of songs on it.   There are a couple of songs I just can't stand.  It's a album I feel has the most stinkers on it.   

Again it's just an opinion.  Not based on facts.  Just how I feel.   Well

So that's when people say the album flows.    Sure the sound, sound great.   But if a couple of those songs do come on.   It's skip skip skip

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »

GNR guitarist Slash wrote in his biography that an 18-minute version of "November Rain" was recorded in 1986 prior the band recording "Appetite For Destruction."

Read more: http://www.musicbanter.com/lyrics/Guns-N-Roses-November-Rain.html#ixzz3rTm9rnbV

I thought you said Slash lied in the past.  Now you're quoting him for the truth?  How can you tell when he's lying or being truthful?  Wink
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2015, 03:29:24 PM »

It's not like people are buying tickets for an imaginary reunion concert on the moon yet right?  hihi

Not so fast Jarmo, I wouldn't underestimate anybody's fanaticism around here!  Put up the presale right now and we'll see.   hihi

I was tempted, but had trouble finding a flight for a reasonable price.

And you call yourself a real fan!   Tongue

I thought you said Slash lied in the past.  Now you're quoting him for the truth?  How can you tell when he's lying or being truthful?  Wink

Let's face it.  Emily is Batman.   Tongue
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2015, 06:25:58 PM »

I hate going to gigs on the moon... the atmosphere is terrible!

(Thank you, thank you.  I'm here all week, folks.  Try the fish.)

Chinese Democracy I would say has only one stinker on it (i.e. Sorry), it has a couple of forgettable or slightly flawed songs on it as well, but the good far outweighs the bad. 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2015, 08:47:14 AM »

Brandi (Susans friend) is very unfiltered (it's even the name of her wine lol) and honest for the most part, but sometimes she just says weird shit for the hell of it. So I don't know how reliable I'd call her.

I'll always go see Axl perform (if I can afford to lol), reunion would be fun, but I'm okay with no reunion, too  ok peace Just hoping he'll do something/release new music in any shape or form. Whenever that is.

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »

I was quoting a statement he made about November Rain, you can choose to believe him or not, I don't care either way. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #252 on: November 15, 2015, 09:26:56 AM »

1992/1993 - This I Love - Primarily written in Paris, 1992.

1997 - Oh My God (musically) - this according to Axl's statement on the song when it was released.

1998 - Madagascar written. There was a fan site of a female fan who had been a visitor at Axl's house in August 1998 and she had photos of Axl's house inside to prove she had been there. She mentioned at the time that Axl told her he'd written his first new song, which was called Madagascar. She mentioned this track name long before it became public

1999 - 2000 - IRS, TWAT, Catcher in the Rye, Street of Dreams, Chinese Democracy. Vocals recorded 1999 to 2000. This is based on song titles listed in the January 2000 RS article, as well as the liner notes for CD saying Axl's vocals for these songs were recorded by Sean Beaven, who worked with the band no later than 2000. Oklahoma was only instrumental form as of January 2000, but was recorded. Likely Rhiad was recorded in this period. Prostitute mentioned in an article as one of the songs Axl's been working on. Oh My God's lyrics were written in response to the End of Days film, so while the song existed musically since 1997, the lyrics came in 1999.

2002-2007 - Shackler's Revenge (given this song started off as a Buckethead song, there's no way it could be earlier than 2000 since he joined in 2000), Better, Scraped, Sorry (Baz's vox added in 2006/2007), Shackler's Revenge gets either full or additional lyrics after V-Tech (based on what Axl has said). So, possibly, lyrically, the last thing Axl wrote was Shackler's - either in full or in part.

From what we've been led to understand, recording itself was done in 2007 and the rest of the year and 2008 was spent mixing, mastering, and working out a deal for the roll out of its release.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2015, 12:38:27 PM »

So for 5 straight years every week Duff would write an article in the Seattle weekly.   He just stopped in the beginning of sept.   Right around when all these rumors have started

What's up with that
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2015, 12:51:14 PM »

So for 5 straight years every week Duff would write an article in the Seattle weekly.   He just stopped in the beginning of sept.   Right around when all these rumors have started

What's up with that

Ummm   could be coincidence. Or maybe stuff happening sooner than we think in  regards to show. Or... in the studio...

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »

What's up with that

This was the last one he wrote for Seattle Weekly.
http://www.seattleweekly.com/home/948452-129/writing-column-book-month-started-weekly
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #256 on: November 15, 2015, 01:53:39 PM »

^^^^it was in august...

2013!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #257 on: November 15, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »

^^^^it was in august...

2013!

Hahahahaha

Well so much for that theory.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #258 on: November 15, 2015, 07:17:18 PM »

I hate going to gigs on the moon... the atmosphere is terrible!

(Thank you, thank you.  I'm here all week, folks.  Try the fish.)

Chinese Democracy I would say has only one stinker on it (i.e. Sorry), it has a couple of forgettable or slightly flawed songs on it as well, but the good far outweighs the bad. 

sorry was the favorite of most of the people i first listened to cd with. the chorus is very catchy. i love the music but cant relate to the lyrics much as i dont have a grudge i hold against anyone and its very against my nature to hold grudges. even my worst grudges have only lasted a few months tops. this is the one song whose message is not so uplifting for me. i love the sound of the song though.

rhiad gets a lot of hate, but it had a hell of a chorus. i wonder if it will get more love if remixed to sound more traditional. either way, i love that song. the lyrics and vocals are awesome, and the intro is very cool.

*btw, whoever told you guys that emily is warchild was full of shit. i know for a fact now that isnt true. believe it or not, it doesnt matter. and whoever said they have similar styles is on crack. thats all ill say on the subject... the person sending those pms was a liar and i know that for a fact.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: