Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:08:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Unfair Dress Code
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unfair Dress Code  (Read 5982 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 07:26:03 PM »

They play with balls for a living.

That's exactly the attitude that would push the NBA to do something like this.  If people think of them as a "bunch of guys dressed like clowns that play with balls for a living (and like Rob said, jump into the stands, fight with fans, and act like 4 year olds), that's not very flattering is it?

If people talked that way about my company, I'd try to improve my image to the public.  It couldn't hurt sponsorship deals either to be viewed as a more respectable organization, people will be more willing and proud to be associated with the NBA.

Considering it's not a terrible burden on the millionaire basketball players, why not implement a dress code?
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 08:17:33 PM »

If people think of them as a "bunch of guys dressed like clowns that play with balls for a living (and like Rob said, jump into the stands, fight with fans, and act like 4 year olds), that's not very flattering is it?

If people talked that way about my company, I'd try to improve my image to the public.? It couldn't hurt sponsorship deals either to be viewed as a more respectable organization, people will be more willing and proud to be associated with the NBA.

Considering it's not a terrible burden on the millionaire basketball players, why not implement a dress code?

It's purely superficial.

Just because they're wearing suits doesn't mean they're going to be more professional. Artest would've jumped in the stands regardless of what he was wearing before the game.

I don't think a new dress code is the answer to correcting the unprofessionalism of the NBA.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 08:25:02 PM »

Its not the complete answer to the NBA's problems.  Its a start though.  At least if these guys start to look a little more professional, it will hel a little towards improving the public's perception of NBA players.  I think the fact that most of the protesting to the dress code is coming from guys like Stephen Jackson, Marcus Camby, and Allen Iverson says a lot too.  After watching Stephen Jackson jump into the crowd in Detroit and beat the hell out of people, I don't really value his opinion too much.  If putting on some nice clothes for a few hours isn't worth the millions of dollars you're making for playing a game, then your a friggin' idiot.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: