Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:36:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R confirmed for Rock In Rio 2011 (October 2)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R confirmed for Rock In Rio 2011 (October 2)  (Read 240370 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 12:14:44 PM »

This announcement lifts a HUGE concern of off my mind as far as GNR goes... I was starting to get worried about this idle time, as we've seen it so many times after a tour...

This show doesn't really benefit me personally (except youtube clips, etc...), but it means GNR is getting stuff done, which is all that matters!!

Hoping for some US dates!!
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 12:23:53 PM »

thanks Estebanf, already found some of the info I'm looking for http://www.facebook.com/notes/yo-viajo-a-rock-in-rio-2011-a-ver-a-guns-n-roses/everything-you-need-to-know-about-rock-in-rio-for-english-speakers-ser%C3%A1-traducid/153869484673542?_fb_noscript=1

I'm excited and looking forward to it...  though I was wondering if the ticket price is for the 6 days or a 1 day ticket? @ R$190,00 (equivalent today US$ 114)
As I don't really like long flights I will probably stay for a week or two, so why not check out the whole festival while there... I really like the way they schedule the festival over two weekends.

Cheers !!!

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2011, 12:36:26 PM »

thanks Estebanf, already found some of the info I'm looking for http://www.facebook.com/notes/yo-viajo-a-rock-in-rio-2011-a-ver-a-guns-n-roses/everything-you-need-to-know-about-rock-in-rio-for-english-speakers-ser%C3%A1-traducid/153869484673542?_fb_noscript=1

I'm excited and looking forward to it...  though I was wondering if the ticket price is for the 6 days or a 1 day ticket? @ R$190,00 (equivalent today US$ 114)
As I don't really like long flights I will probably stay for a week or two, so why not check out the whole festival while there... I really like the way they schedule the festival over two weekends.

Cheers !!!

It's R$190 (U$114) for each day. (x6 = R$1140 / U$684).
R$1 = U$1,64 today (21/03/2011).
Expensive, but a great rock experience with Chilli Peppers, Metallica, Motorhead, Lenny Kravitz and, of course, GNR, among others.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:46:46 PM by Reinaldo » Logged

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »

It's R$190 for each day. (x6 = R$1140)
[/quote]

Holy shit... ok maybe a few day's then  rofl

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2011, 01:51:50 PM »

For those attending, you can post here and get listed.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2011, 01:57:51 PM »

This announcement lifts a HUGE concern of off my mind as far as GNR goes... I was starting to get worried about this idle time, as we've seen it so many times after a tour...

This show doesn't really benefit me personally (except youtube clips, etc...), but it means GNR is getting stuff done, which is all that matters!!

Hoping for some US dates!!

Took the words right out of my mouth- was worried they we're gonna be gone for years or even forever- so awesome news their doing such a big show- I can't imagine they will want this to be their first show back after such a long lay-off & so many people watching around the world- so I'm praying as many other fans are that they hit the States again for some warm-up shows- I will go practically anywhere in the US to see them! drool
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »

Wish I could be there.... Grin

Hopefully, like last time, there will be some sort of streaming for SOME of the show. 

Maybe we'll see some US dates prior.  I'd pretty much go anywhere for those.  Heck, I'd go to Rio if it weren't for the fact we have a family vacation planned (and pretty much paid for, already) starting the 4th of October. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »

new gnr gig,
south american crowd,
rock in rio,
live steam,

plus
maybe new songs
maybe more tour dates

AWESOME!

gotta thank gnr army on twitter tweeting we want gnr in rock in rio and every gnr fan trying to do this

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2011, 02:39:50 PM »

new gnr gig,
south american crowd,
rock in rio,
live steam,

plus
maybe new songs
maybe more tour dates

AWESOME!

gotta thank gnr army on twitter tweeting we want gnr in rock in rio and every gnr fan trying to do this

let's find out if this years stream is a bit better then 06's
or 01 for that matter!
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »

really thinking of going, but there is on thing iam 30 never left canada lol. this hoser better start getting his passport!

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2011, 05:11:14 PM »

with all this new technology now, i hope we get an HD broadcast  Grin
Paula Toledo
Opening Act

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »

I'll be thereeeeeeeeeeee....of courseeeee!!!! my favorite band ever! you're the only one guys!!! see yaaaaaaa!!!!  love love love Axl, wait for me!!!! xoxo
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2011, 08:22:29 PM »

Awesome news ...

Nice chance to make it right  peace

RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2011, 08:37:55 PM »

great news for the band & those attending! - can't wait for the live stream & boots smoking

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2011, 09:00:36 PM »

with all this new technology now, i hope we get an HD broadcast  Grin

Who said we are demanding fans.  hihi  Wink

As mentioned earlier, this will be the first pro-shot footage of Chinese Democracy opening a Guns N' Roses show. It's going to be epic, and it's going to be amazing.

It's kind of funny, people have mentioned about the 91-01-11 thing. And it is really significant because it kind of solidifies this line-up of the band if you like. Because in each one of those decades, GN'R has evolved into something completely new, and in a way this is an important landmark in GN'Rs history.

I think GN'R playing this festival will help solidify the current members into GN'Rs tapestry, a huge worldwide festival like this, is always going to help.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2011, 12:20:42 AM »

[

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2011, 02:25:02 AM »

Can't wait to watch the show over the net. Truth be told I would be way more excited then anyone going to this with one simple announcement that Axl is in the recording studio taking care of business. Without knowing that GNR is in the studio, the downside of hearing about live shows is that its taking precious time away from getting another album with new material.

I am concerned about Axl's voice as all of you should be. I would rather he saved it to make new music that will last a life time rather then blowing it out and having new music just not sound right because that voice isn't the same. Axl sounds amazing on CD but Baz said its getting harder for Axl to hit that voice.

I am happy they are just doing something but I really want there to be a focus on creating something special that would be a worthy follow up to the masterpiece that is Chinese Democracy. I hope between now and this Rio show Axl and GNR are working hard on the music. As the Beatles demonstrated no live show is more important then focusing on creating new music and fine tuning it. How I would love to have that kind of output from this GN'R. That is forever. I fear there is precious little time so...get the fuck crackin Axl.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2011, 03:30:14 AM »

[

That's epic...  what does it say on the shirt? "Hill of Idols" perhaps  beer

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2011, 04:10:22 AM »

Awesome!

/jarmo

Have not you knew before everyone else?

it's happening
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »

Awesome!

/jarmo

Have not you knew before everyone else?

No he didn't, I'm sure jarmo found out about this, the same time as everyone else. Can't you tell how excited he was when it was announced, just like everyone else.

Don't know why you would think that to be honest, jarmo is a huge fan of the band, just like everyone else on this site.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: