Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The only World Cup 2006 thread you need
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only World Cup 2006 thread you need  (Read 187454 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2005, 03:52:51 PM »

Why do you think Brazil lost the final of the 98 cup, when they were better than France. I think there was something dark in the middle.
I think holland or Croatia should've won that World Cup

No man can be my equal
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2005, 07:55:53 PM »

It's possible I guess - the way Brazil just crumbled in the final like that was a bit wierd.  I think it had more to do with Ronaldo falling sick right at the last minute, that probably shook the team up a lot just before the game.

I think that's why they didn't play all they could on that game...actually, it seemed that Brazil's wasn't on field that day...imagine the situation: You are about to play the most important game of your life, and the best guy on your team has some problems right before the game? That fucks with enyone's mind!!

Hey, what if Ronaldo was poisoned...  Shocked

A lot of people still think that was the reason, and I'm one of them!!

Just like in 1990, when Brazil played against Argentina and them put some weird drug on the water's bottle and just gave to some brazilians players during the game...those fuckers! rant

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2005, 08:23:14 PM »

It's possible I guess - the way Brazil just crumbled in the final like that was a bit wierd.? I think it had more to do with Ronaldo falling sick right at the last minute, that probably shook the team up a lot just before the game.

Hey, what if Ronaldo was poisoned...? Shocked

I dont know about that specific case man, but it might be possible, remember the trouble Brazil had with Argentinian football players, poisoning water and then give it to one of the Brazilian players, Branco, being Belardo the D.T. couch/ trainer, its sad how sick those people were.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »

It's possible I guess - the way Brazil just crumbled in the final like that was a bit wierd.  I think it had more to do with Ronaldo falling sick right at the last minute, that probably shook the team up a lot just before the game.

Hey, what if Ronaldo was poisoned...  Shocked

I dont know about that specific case man, but it might be possible, remember the trouble Brazil had with Argentinian football players, poisoning water and then give it to one of the Brazilian players, Branco, being Belardo the D.T. couch/ trainer, its sad how sick those people were.

No, they are not sick, they just borned in Argentina hihi

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2005, 08:50:28 PM »

Cheers beer
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2005, 05:56:12 AM »

I read an article on Bilardo a while back. He must be the most competitve coach Football has ever seen. The things he did, moral or unmoral, legal opr not legal, to win matches were unbelieveable.

Brazil and Argentina's rivalry is even worst than Madrid and Barcelona's. Even on friendly matches, both teams hate each other to death. I believe we are gonna see a match up between these two next year, maybe in the semis...

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2005, 07:12:35 AM »

I read an article on Bilardo a while back. He must be the most competitve coach Football has ever seen. The things he did, moral or unmoral, legal opr not legal, to win matches were unbelieveable.

Brazil and Argentina's rivalry is even worst than Madrid and Barcelona's. Even on friendly matches, both teams hate each other to death. I believe we are gonna see a match up between these two next year, maybe in the semis...

Yeah, we HATE each other...and even a silly jo-key-po between a brazilian and someone from argentina can end in fight, or even death!

And that's all because they think maradona was the greatest soccer player ever, he is better then Pel? and stuff like that...no one is better then Pel?!!! He is like Beatles and Maradona is like Oasis hihi rofl

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2005, 12:53:49 PM »

I think you are right man, Maradona is the Oasis of Futbol, compared with Pel?, maybe he became more famous for "the hand of god" -- la mano de Dios -- what a ridiculous situation, and just remember what happened days ago, when he was arrested in a Brazilian Airport, then the guy denies it all, thats a typical Maradona behavior, acts like a stupid and then pretends that nothing really happened.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2005, 06:25:13 PM »

the US should be ranked higher than mexico. i'm nto saying the US deserved  a top seeding, but if they wanted to give one to a NA or CA team, it should have been the US.

we have surpassed them IMO. our W over them in the last world cup was a major point in US soccer. 

ahahhahaahahhahaha!!
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2005, 11:59:55 AM »

Well even better than pele is garrincha, come on guys!
Agree with Charlie, that hand of god is nothing, is just a big deception on futbol, that means that you can win a game by cheating and that is not fair.

No man can be my equal
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2005, 06:06:35 PM »

but thats selective memory. in that very same game he scored as good a goal as you'll ever see.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2005, 06:45:03 PM »

I think Ronaldinho has scored better goals than Maradona and Pel? together.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2005, 07:20:55 PM »

the US should be ranked higher than mexico. i'm nto saying the US deserved? a top seeding, but if they wanted to give one to a NA or CA team, it should have been the US.

we have surpassed them IMO. our W over them in the last world cup was a major point in US soccer.?

ahahhahaahahhahaha!!

so is that your way of saying you disagree?

bottom line, we beat them in the last world cup. and we've beaten them on a number of other occasions as well.

i think there's a reason you chose not to actually make a point. the truth hurts sometimes. and the truth is that while we were outplaying germany in the second round in 2002, mexico was watching us on TV.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2005, 07:26:24 PM »

the US should be ranked higher than mexico. i'm nto saying the US deserved? a top seeding, but if they wanted to give one to a NA or CA team, it should have been the US.

we have surpassed them IMO. our W over them in the last world cup was a major point in US soccer.?

ahahhahaahahhahaha!!

bottom line, we beat them in the last world cup. and we've beaten them on a number of other occasions as well.

i think there's a reason you chose not to actually make a point. the truth hurts sometimes. and the truth is that while we were outplaying germany in the second round in 2002, mexico was watching us on TV.

Wow..we had a little fight here between an american and a mexican...

Bring it on guys!  Tongue
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2005, 07:30:07 PM »

Well first of all, I'm not even Mexican, I'm Brazilian...

Second, I thought it didn't need a reply. But instead I'll ask you a question: Which Championship has the USA National Team EVER won?
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2005, 08:52:20 PM »

can't live in the past.

the us are my dark, dark horses for the world cup.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2005, 10:32:31 AM »

but thats selective memory. in that very same game he scored as good a goal as you'll ever see.

You are damm right  ok great goal

I think Ronaldinho has scored better goals than Maradona and Pel? together.
Thats right, but never in a world cup, so if he do any wonder in the world cup, thats gonna be defenitely the best.

No man can be my equal
sandman
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2005, 10:50:40 AM »

Well first of all, I'm not even Mexican, I'm Brazilian...

Second, I thought it didn't need a reply. But instead I'll ask you a question: Which Championship has the USA National Team EVER won?

i'm not saying the U.S. is gonna win the world cup, or that they should be ranked in the top 5 or anything. but they are a team that has consistently improved over the last 15 years.

and i think they can be a dangerous team to face in 2006. the U.S. has no pressure on them, since they still are not expected to win, and there's not a ton of interest from fans at home. we have a great goalie and are very well coached.

in 2002, we defeated heavily favored portugal in the first round, 3-2. then went on and beat mexico handily in the second round, 2-0. we lost to germany 1-0 in the quarters, ?but we dominated them - we had a ton of scoring chances but khan robbed us. he was phenominal.

and IMO, we have surpassed mexico.

- mexico lost in the second round in each of the last 3 world cups (including the loss to the U.S. in 2002).
- they have only made the quarterfinals twice in their history (both on home territory).
- the U.S. finished ahead of them in recent qualifying
- the U.S. won the Gold Cup.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2005, 11:37:50 AM »

IMHO, well, USA is a very underrated team, they have improved in the past years like Sandman said, and maybe the problem is that no team is really worried about playing against the States in Futbol, and if there is no fear there is no respect.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2005, 11:57:21 AM »

The US have a decent team although an England team mainly full of reserves made them look very bad over the summer. If they get out of the group this time round then they should be very pleased with their performance.

As for the winners of the World Cup? Well, Brazil are head and shoulders above the rest of the world in terms of their attacking players and their defence is better than it has been in the past. If Brazil play to their potential they'll win the World Cup very easily.

Italy have a good chance of doing well as do the Dutch if Van Basten can keep the squabbles in the squad to a minimum between now and July. However, England could do the best out of the European teams and be the team closest to Brazil if they actually fulful their potential. Rooney is a very special player (the best we've had since Gazza at Italia 90) and if our midfield of Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Joe Cole can all produce the form they produce for their clubs then we'll have a great chance of doing well.

I can understand why people have been writing off England's chances... appalling performances in the latter part of the group stages made the team look very average. However, I happen to believe that the embarrassments against Northern Ireland and Denmark and the frankly dire performance againt Wales have actually helped the squad get their act together. The performance against Argentina whilst hardly convincing was a step in the right direction and if we stay injury free we could peak at the finals in Germany.

Whatever happens I'll be in Germany at the England group matches (as well as one of the Brazil matches) and however much potential I think this England team has I can't see anyone beating Brazil if they get into fifth gear during the summer. Ronaldinho and Kaka are both unbelievable players that no other country can come close to matching.

And to those who have been criticisinv Rooney - he didn't win the FIFPRO Young Player award by accident. Add the 2nd place Lampard got in the World Player of the Year award and Lampard and Gerrards "podium" finishes in the Ballon D'Or and we have a stronger squad than going into any World Cup since 1990.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: