Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  'Rocky Balboa' The movie is one of the years BEST' According to AICN REVIEW
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Rocky Balboa' The movie is one of the years BEST' According to AICN REVIEW  (Read 32087 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2007, 02:24:27 PM »

other than it being completely predictable i enjoyed it for the most part. The fight at the end kept me at the end of my seat.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2007, 04:53:09 PM »

wow, 1 hour of nonsense ....
the 1st hour is SO BORING and repetitive and unoriginal.
i wanted to puke.
Smiley
the rest is bad too anyway Smiley

You dont know what your talking about.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2007, 04:42:14 AM »

wow, 1 hour of nonsense ....
the 1st hour is SO BORING and repetitive and unoriginal.
i wanted to puke.
Smiley

I agree 100%. The first hour of the movie was terrible.. just repetition. And very predictable.

It just felt awkward to sit and watch.

And I liked the movie! I love the Rocky films and enjoyed this one as well.

And before you all say I "can't understand what the first hour was about" I totally understand what the first hour as about and what it was trying to convey.. I empathize with that. It was just done very poorly and was a choir to watch. Could have been done much much better.

Whatever. Good movie.

gnrevolution.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2007, 05:35:56 AM »

I just think no matter what it is, instead of people going to ENJOY something, they turn into critics and have to dissect and find something wrong with everything.

When I watch a movie, I just sit back and go for the ride and enjoy it, I dont compare it to this movie or that movie, I just let myself be reeled in and I go with it.

I thought the first hour was excellent, it built the story of a guy whose life has reached the lowest level and his journey to heal and regain his life.

This movie is actually very deep and emotional. those who wanted a "Boxing" movie I am sure were let down.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2007, 05:49:37 AM »

I just think no matter what it is, instead of people going to ENJOY something, they turn into critics and have to dissect and find something wrong with everything.

When I watch a movie, I just sit back and go for the ride and enjoy it, I dont compare it to this movie or that movie, I just let myself be reeled in and I go with it.

I thought the first hour was excellent, it built the story of a guy whose life has reached the lowest level and his journey to heal and regain his life.

This movie is actually very deep and emotional. those who wanted a "Boxing" movie I am sure were let down.

No you're right, people are too much of the time critics. Which is why I didn't really express my dissenting opinion until it became obvious to me that people were going to bash Wat-ever.

By saying the first hour was bad though, is really only expressing how I felt, and personally I see no problem with doing so.

I thought it good movie and I enjoyed it but I am still able to find flaws with it. You can criticize and still enjoy something, doesn't have to be one or the other. And that statement isn't defending Wat-Ever either because he clearly did not enjoy the movie and only criticized it... I'm just defending myself here.

gnrevolution.com
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2007, 06:07:43 AM »

you can like the movie
but i thought it was bad.

movies can be emotional. that's not the problem. but it's very hard to do. cause it very easily falls into cheesy / easy / done-millions-time/ fake / clich?s

and again, i criticized it because i didnt enjoy it.

i can assure you that i always sit and TRY to enjoy movies. but when it's bad, it's bad.

but, actually, Stallone wasnt that bad. his character was very believable.
his son was weak tho.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »

I've seen the movie twice now and love it.  Rocky VI really got into who Rocky was and showed sides of Rocky and Pauly you never saw in the previous 5.  It's all about standing up for yourself and saying I matter, regardless of public consensus.  To each their own, but I thought it was a great movie with a lot of great messages.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2007, 09:52:13 AM »

Finally saw it this past weekend.  Why has nobody mentioned the Mike Tyson cameo?  Beyond hilarious.

It seemed that the movie was a metaphor for Stallone trying to make Rocky VI.  From what I've read, he had been pushing to get this done since 1998 and was rejected at every turn, until he finally got the OK.  The movie, like the character Rocky, is not great but it's better than most of the other crap out there and people are interested, so why not give it a chance? 

With that said, my favorite part was the closing credits when all the regular guys and gals were climbing the Philly steps while playing "Gonna Fly Now".  Isn't that ultimately what the Rocky franchise is all about?  Inspiration for the masses.  I still play that music in my head whenever I'm doing anything remotely challenging.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2007, 03:14:53 PM »

I've seen the movie twice now and love it.? Rocky VI really got into who Rocky was and showed sides of Rocky and Pauly you never saw in the previous 5.? It's all about standing up for yourself and saying I matter, regardless of public consensus.? To each their own, but I thought it was a great movie with a lot of great messages.

I had never seen rocky IV before and it was on spike TV, so i figured "what the hell" and i turned it to spike to watch it and it was the seen where rocky, apollo, adrian, and pauly were sitting at a table and a fucking robot comes in and gives pauly a drink or something. That was my cue to turn the channel.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2007, 03:38:20 PM »

I had never seen rocky IV before and it was on spike TV, so i figured "what the hell" and i turned it to spike to watch it and it was the seen where rocky, apollo, adrian, and pauly were sitting at a table and a fucking robot comes in and gives pauly a drink or something. That was my cue to turn the channel.

That's too bad, had you stuck it out until the end, you would have seen Rocky singlehandedly end the Cold War.? IV is definitely the most ridiculous of the Rocky movies (not sure it's a movie; it's more like a 90 minute music video).? That said, it's one of my favorite guilty pleasures.? If I see it on TV, there's no way I'm changing the channel.

Hearts on fire, strong desire....
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2007, 04:23:45 PM »

That's too bad, had you stuck it out until the end, you would have seen Rocky singlehandedly end the Cold War.  IV is definitely the most ridiculous of the Rocky movies (not sure it's a movie; it's more like a 90 minute music video).  That said, it's one of my favorite guilty pleasures.  If I see it on TV, there's no way I'm changing the channel.

Hearts on fire, strong desire....

It doesn't get better than that.  beer. Rocky IV is the best guilty pleasure EVER!

gnrevolution.com
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2007, 05:27:26 PM »

LOVED IT!!!! saw it twice, its fucking great, perfect ending to a great series. the second time i saw it no one moved when it ended everyone was mesmerized and some clapped.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2007, 07:40:56 PM »

Every  movie nowadays, when it comes to internet "critics" is damned if you do, damned if you dont.  You have to find something to complain about.  You couldnt actually enjoy something for what it is. There was nothing wrong with this movie. Complaining about the first hour is rediculous. If the first hour didnt have the drama, and emotional set-up, then the internet "critics" would complain about the lack of it.  If it didnt contain flashbacks and references to the first movie, the "critics" would say that nothing in this movie connects it to the original.  Rocky is a drama, not an action movie.  Rocky 3 and 4 were action movies.  The first hour of this movie is what makes it so great, not the training and fight scenes.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2007, 01:24:56 AM »

Every? movie nowadays, when it comes to internet "critics" is damned if you do, damned if you dont.? You have to find something to complain about.? You couldnt actually enjoy something for what it is. There was nothing wrong with this movie. Complaining about the first hour is rediculous. If the first hour didnt have the drama, and emotional set-up, then the internet "critics" would complain about the lack of it.? If it didnt contain flashbacks and references to the first movie, the "critics" would say that nothing in this movie connects it to the original.? Rocky is a drama, not an action movie.? Rocky 3 and 4 were action movies.? The first hour of this movie is what makes it so great, not the training and fight scenes.

WOW!!! Damn GReat Post.

Couldnt have said it Better ok

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2007, 07:50:34 PM »

i really enjoyed this movie alot, great story, music score, and acting.

I throughly enjoyed the fight scene....however my only dissapoint is, it didnt feel like it hit a climax, where you there thinking "c'mon you can do it!" , the ending made sense, but it didnt have the tension i was wanting to see.

Other than that great movie, stallone proved me wrong on this one, ill admit to that.

ok any fans of the movies should go see this, even people who havent seen them should.

html sucks
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2007, 07:44:37 PM »

went to see it last night, it was really really good, however some parts don't live up to previous movies but the majority of the film is sheer brilliance. I would have liked to have seen the Rocky-Marie (i think) relationship go further but all in all it was a really good movie  Cheesy

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2007, 07:53:40 PM »

I thought the whole film was great, yes its predictable, yes its completerly ridiculous (theres no way that a 60 year old man could match the current world champion, no matter how good he was) but in the end, its a rocky movie and thats what they're all about, coming up against what seems an impossible task and overcoming it.

the only part of the movie that looked stupid was the Mike Tyson bit, that was bordering on retarded.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2007, 07:55:24 PM »

I thought the whole film was great, yes its predictable, yes its completerly ridiculous (theres no way that a 60 year old man could match the current world champion, no matter how good he was) but in the end, its a rocky movie and thats what they're all about, coming up against what seems an impossible task and overcoming it.

the only part of the movie that looked stupid was the Mike Tyson bit, that was bordering on retarded.

George Foreman won the heavyweight title and he was pushing 50 ok

chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2007, 08:11:09 PM »

George Foreman won the heavyweight title and he was pushing 50 ok

yeah but he hadn't been retired for 15 odd years.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2007, 08:20:33 PM »

well remember stallone himself is 60, in the movie we're supposed to assume Rocky is in his 50's. like mid 50's i guess. i think thats the only age reference we got, i think they said mid 50's in the movie or something to that degree.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: