Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why the camera is just on Axl? The other guys don't exist??
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the camera is just on Axl? The other guys don't exist??  (Read 11562 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: August 12, 2006, 06:47:40 AM »

When I watch the "pro-shot" videos of the newgnr (especially Rock am Ring), 80% of the time the camera is just on Axl. We see very, very few the other guys in the band. It's really odd. It was not like that with the old band. Watch Tokyo or Paris'92, the camera is as much on Slash as on Axl. You saw Duff quite a lot also, not as much as Axl and Slash but you saw him. But now, the camera is just all about Axl, even during the guitar solos, the camera focus on Axl, that's not very nice for the rest of the band.? Huh
In the old days, when Slash was playing a solo, the camera was on him, not on Axl. But now when Robin, Richard or even Ron plays a solo, the camera is not on them... is this a BAND or a solo artist show?

I they release DVD, I hope the new members will have more spots. Watching a newgnr video is like watching just Axl during almost all the show. I like Axl, I've been a GN'R fan since 1991, but come on, it's "too much". I mean... the other guys don't exist or what??? Huh
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 06:52:39 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 06:57:20 AM »

It seems to me that the directors aren't sure when a solo starts which guitarist it is.  The Donnington footage was a good example, during PC Rons ripping through the solo at the end and the cameras are on Robin.

It was easy with the old band because there was only one guy playing the solo's!
greendog
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 07:01:21 AM »

yeah it is a shame... i love watchin axl, but it is a band... and i love seeing the other guys running round and enjoying themselves. Fortus and Ron espesh.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 07:16:50 AM »

it`s quite dissapointing at some parts....  the camera work from rio was much better imo, but we all know that story...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 07:25:27 AM »

When I watch the "pro-shot" videos of the newgnr (especially Rock am Ring), 80% of the time the camera is just on Axl. We see very, very few the other guys in the band. It's really odd. It was not like that with the old band. Watch Tokyo or Paris'92, the camera is as much on Slash as on Axl. You saw Duff quite a lot also, not as much as Axl and Slash but you saw him. But now, the camera is just all about Axl, even during the guitar solos, the camera focus on Axl, that's not very nice for the rest of the band.? Huh
In the old days, when Slash was playing a solo, the camera was on him, not on Axl. But now when Robin, Richard or even Ron plays a solo, the camera is not on them... is this a BAND or a solo artist show?

I they release DVD, I hope the new members will have more spots. Watching a newgnr video is like watching just Axl during almost all the show. I like Axl, I've been a GN'R fan since 1991, but come on, it's "too much". I mean... the other guys don't exist or what??? Huh

well, i think we just found another reason to bash Axl.... Lips Sealed i really cant think what is next.... maybe the chicks prefer axl than the others members??  hihi

give this band a break, dont try to find any reason to create a problem...i think Axl has proven how much he loves the new members....

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 07:28:12 AM »

Probably because the people who film it only know Axl and thinks everyone else who watches it does.

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
Origen
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 07:29:44 AM »

I watched WTTJ from rock am ring yesterday and after it I thought "did they play a guitar solo" cause I couldn't really remember actually watching someone play it, because the camera was hardly on the band.

Same with Better during the transaction bit of the song where it goes heavy, instead of showing the band playing it, camera is still on Axl trying to get back up on stage.

It's a shame really because it is too much Axl when the camera work could be more mixed, but I do think one of the problems is you have 3 guitarists which is too many to begin with, but they also all play lead parts so the camera doesn't have a clue who to zoom in on.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 07:55:44 AM »

it's cos there are so many guitarplayers, that they have no idea who's playing the solos. Grin
in the old days, they knew it was Slash playing the solos.

another thing, Ive heard the audios from RAM, and the guitars are really too low on the solos. they barely stick out. the drums doesn't have a very good mix either. they were mixed a lot better back in the old days.
I wonder why, should think technology like this would be a lot better these days.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 07:57:33 AM »

Rock Am Ring, Download and Rock In Rio were probably filmed and directed by people who don't follow GN'R.

Axl probably is the only one who they might recognize.

Tokyo and Paris 1992 were GN'R's own shows. Chances are the people working with those had a better idea of what was going on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 08:45:33 AM »

Maybe when we get the official DVD from this tour, we'll see a bit more of the other guys.
greendog
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 10:25:45 AM »

give this band a break, dont try to find any reason to create a problem...i think Axl has proven how much he loves the new members....

im not tryna start shit, but were not bashin axl. just the directors... they could have done a better job... admitedly they might not know the band / know whats going on as much as other shows, but if someones playing a guitar solo and its not been shown, it cant be that hard to press the button "camera 13" etc.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 11:03:47 AM »

the same with RIR 2001, the camera guys are absolutely confused hihi

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 11:08:15 AM »

well, I think Axl would be also a lot happier if they wouldnt watch him all the time.

during better at rock am ring when he climbs back up on the stage, he looks funny. kinda embaressing rofl

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
suzypi
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 11:36:26 AM »

of course, apart from us the crazy fanatics on gnr boards who the hell knows the others.
so i guess 90% of the audience wants to see axl.
plus i agree to say with all the mess on stage & so many guitarists it's so hard for non expert to know who plays the solos... one start others continue it, thats too complicated.
plus the light spot is mostly on axl & thats decided by the gnr crew & prob ppl close to axl (maybe axl directly) so thats easier to follow the light for the cameramen
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »

It has nothing to do with the camera guy.  There are a shitload of cameras filming it.  its who ever went thru all the footage and edited it together.

The clips they show up on the big screen above the stage usually show the player it should be showing.  ok
Liquid Drum
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 12:21:50 PM »

It has nothing to do with the camera guy.? There are a shitload of cameras filming it.? its who ever went thru all the footage and edited it together.

The clips they show up on the big screen above the stage usually show the player it should be showing.? ok

+1

They film it with like 15 cameras in various places. They have edited the footage this way (they obviously wanted to focus mainly on Axl).

I haven't seen it yet (still d/l) but if they still focus on Axl suring the solos - then its poorly edited.

But, I'm not fussy - Its free and the best pro-shot from this line-up. All I care is that the aired the 3 new tunes ...

drool
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 01:15:12 PM »

rock am was very poorly edited. if you watch closely during jungle the same footage was used more than once. the same audience shots and the same shots of axl singing.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 01:43:56 PM »

It seems to me that the directors aren't sure when a solo starts which guitarist it is.? The Donnington footage was a good example, during PC Rons ripping through the solo at the end and the cameras are on Robin.

It was easy with the old band because there was only one guy playing the solo's!

Thank you Leddy.  I agree. 
The insinuation that the other guys don't exist is false.  The new band does indeed exist.  hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »

well, I think Axl would be also a lot happier if they wouldnt watch him all the time.

during better at rock am ring when he climbs back up on the stage, he looks funny. kinda embaressing rofl

Agreed.  I'm sure he would've liked that part edited out but I'm thinking the Guns camp only had control of the release of this footage not the editing.....
The official DVD will have plenty of band footage especially Robin and Tommy!

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 02:04:15 PM »

Well wasnt Axl = GNR?? Who else are they gonna film?  Tongue

loooooooooooooooooooooool
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: