Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why the camera is just on Axl? The other guys don't exist??
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the camera is just on Axl? The other guys don't exist??  (Read 11567 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 02:10:56 PM »

When we get a pro shot of hammerstein it will be much different. Since axl hired people to film the show

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 02:14:15 PM »

when you watch a robbie williams dvd do you see any of his musicians often?
how about jamiroquai?

sorry to say, but until Chinese Democracy hits the shelves, and Robin establishes himself as a major force in Rock n' Roll today....it is just Axl and his backing  band...who are good...but he's the performer...not them.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 02:17:21 PM »

When we get a pro shot of hammerstein it will be much different. Since axl hired people to film the show

And the rest of the tour- there were a good few cameras in Hammersmith as well. Also they interviewed us before the show, and came out on stage and filmed the crowd chanting Guns n' Roses while we were waiting.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 02:22:16 PM »

It seems to me that the directors aren't sure when a solo starts which guitarist it is.? The Donnington footage was a good example, during PC Rons ripping through the solo at the end and the cameras are on Robin.
This really pisses me off; you only need to watch a couple of shows to see who plays what when. A halfway competent director would have the camera on whoever's soloing at any given point, with only a couple of cutaways; it's incredibly annoying when they cut to great sweeping pans of the bloody crowd or shots of Axl dancing when Ron or Robin are in the middle of a solo...

SG
elmir
VIP

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 02:27:11 PM »

This really pisses me off; you only need to watch a couple of shows to see who plays what when. A halfway competent director would have the camera on whoever's soloing at any given point, with only a couple of cutaways; it's incredibly annoying when they cut to great sweeping pans of the bloody crowd or shots of Axl dancing when Ron or Robin are in the middle of a solo...

SG

in their defense, TV camera crews film a lot of events all the time...and all they need to do is fill their pre-signed sheet in terms of footage...which they get from the broadcaster....they don't know crap about who gnr is, what has happened in the last 10 years, or who plays what in each song.

that's the job of independent production companies which get hired by someone like sanctuary to do the job.
in this case, it was more of a fact that the TV channel wanted gnr for a slot in their programme, and they sent off a bunch of cameras to get it.

no rehearsal needed, just fucking film the star, and that's it.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 02:29:43 PM »

It's still much better than anything else we've got on the tour, the sound is awesome and the video's great, even if it is cut far too fast with odd selection of angles. I think it's the best live document of the new lineup that we have, and are likely to have until at least the official DVD comes out. The quality of the dime version now is so much better than the video from Rio or any of the other pro shot videos about.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 02:33:39 PM »

When I watch the "pro-shot" videos of the newgnr (especially Rock am Ring), 80% of the time the camera is just on Axl. We see very, very few the other guys in the band. It's really odd. It was not like that with the old band. Watch Tokyo or Paris'92, the camera is as much on Slash as on Axl. You saw Duff quite a lot also, not as much as Axl and Slash but you saw him. But now, the camera is just all about Axl, even during the guitar solos, the camera focus on Axl, that's not very nice for the rest of the band.? Huh
In the old days, when Slash was playing a solo, the camera was on him, not on Axl. But now when Robin, Richard or even Ron plays a solo, the camera is not on them... is this a BAND or a solo artist show?

I they release DVD, I hope the new members will have more spots. Watching a newgnr video is like watching just Axl during almost all the show. I like Axl, I've been a GN'R fan since 1991, but come on, it's "too much". I mean... the other guys don't exist or what??? Huh

The Rock am Ring broadcast wasn't edited by GNR - it was edited by the promoters of the show.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 02:46:33 PM »

the same with RIR 2001, the camera guys are absolutely confused hihi

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Rio3 was great, TV GLOBO is one of the best televisions in the world they did a great job at the show, the Rio Lisbon was ridiculos the robotic camera and they lost  the camera on whoever's soloing at, ?the best footage is from Download IMO, great angles zoom etc.

Rock AM Ring they are too many focus on AXL,was very poorly edited.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
pebbles
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 03:57:07 PM »

cause axl looks good as hell thats why. imo Grin
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2006, 03:59:48 PM »

When I watch the "pro-shot" videos of the newgnr (especially Rock am Ring), 80% of the time the camera is just on Axl. We see very, very few the other guys in the band. It's really odd. It was not like that with the old band. Watch Tokyo or Paris'92, the camera is as much on Slash as on Axl. You saw Duff quite a lot also, not as much as Axl and Slash but you saw him. But now, the camera is just all about Axl, even during the guitar solos, the camera focus on Axl, that's not very nice for the rest of the band.  Huh
In the old days, when Slash was playing a solo, the camera was on him, not on Axl. But now when Robin, Richard or even Ron plays a solo, the camera is not on them... is this a BAND or a solo artist show?

I they release DVD, I hope the new members will have more spots. Watching a newgnr video is like watching just Axl during almost all the show. I like Axl, I've been a GN'R fan since 1991, but come on, it's "too much". I mean... the other guys don't exist or what??  Huh

.maybe it is because Axl is the center of attention being the main man + last remaining member of the (once) most dangerous band in the world..
beer
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 04:03:18 PM by codenameninja » Logged
greendog
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 04:06:51 PM »

how about jamiroquai?
Robbie Williams (the name gives it away thats its most likely a SOLO act.

Guns N' Roses (more of a band sounding thing no?)
Thus you would expect the BAND to be filmed more.

sorry to say, but until Chinese Democracy hits the shelves, and Robin establishes himself as a major force in Rock n' Roll today....it is just Axl and his backing ?band...who are good...but he's the performer...not them.

He has proved himself, and the band... theyve been together friggin ages (yes i know they havent released any material) but they have still 'proved' themselfes as a band by playing shows/tours and performing original material.

But he's the performer...not them.

Hes the performer? Axl? not them? ? ? ? ?Sorry but with out the "backing band" ?Roll Eyes axl wouldnt be onstage performing... therfore making it a BAND effort.

basically... you shud just get used to the fact that these guys are a band.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 04:15:08 PM »

how about jamiroquai?
Robbie Williams (the name gives it away thats its most likely a SOLO act.

Guns N' Roses (more of a band sounding thing no?)
Thus you would expect the BAND to be filmed more.

sorry to say, but until Chinese Democracy hits the shelves, and Robin establishes himself as a major force in Rock n' Roll today....it is just Axl and his backing  band...who are good...but he's the performer...not them.

He has proved himself, and the band... theyve been together friggin ages (yes i know they havent released any material) but they have still 'proved' themselfes as a band by playing shows/tours and performing original material.

But he's the performer...not them.

Hes the performer? Axl? not them?        Sorry but with out the "backing band"  Roll Eyes axl wouldnt be onstage performing... therfore making it a BAND effort.

basically... you shud just get used to the fact that these guys are a band.

I'd really like to comment on this but i cannot, atleast not without mentioning the old band, and to do that could result in a ban, and entering the realms of being boring  hihi

I started an thread about drumming and this is what i got: (i did mention the old band too, a sin of sorts)
Your threads are boring.
You start this thread to discuss the drumming on The Blues and instantly make it about "new vs old".
Boring!
Go watch your old bootlegs and come back when you have something to say.
/jarmo
(how jumped up is he  hihi)[/size]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 04:23:21 PM by codenameninja » Logged
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 04:19:59 PM »

Hopefully the DVD will come with a multi-view function like live football where you can watch only one player during the match.

I'd watch Robin most of the time personally. I think he's the coolest mofo ever and his dancing makes me happy. He's amazing to watch.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2006, 04:22:34 PM »

Hopefully the DVD will come with a multi-view function like live football where you can watch only one player during the match.

I'd watch Robin most of the time personally. I think he's the coolest mofo ever and his dancing makes me happy. He's amazing to watch.

They should also record and the off stage action. Axl spends alot of time off stage as well as on it. The footage would show Axl and his Oxygen mask, Axl speaking to the sound guys and Axl doing all sorts  hihi
greendog
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 04:24:04 PM »

I'd really like to comment on this but i cannot, atleast not without mentioning the old band, and to do that could result in a ban, and entering the realms of being boring? hihi

I started an thread about drumming and this is what i got: (did mention the old band too)
Your threads are boring.
You start this thread to discuss the drumming on The Blues and instantly make it about "new vs old".
Boring!
/jarmo
(how jumped up is he? hihi)[/size]

i dont wanna get on the wrong side of you... but people droning on about the old band is boring. and old. you can have an opinion about the new / old band, just stop nailing it into us at every given opertunity... the majority of us are just gettin on with whats now.
greendog
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 04:24:43 PM »

Hopefully the DVD will come with a multi-view function.

Hopefully... there will be a dvd.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2006, 04:27:46 PM »

I'd really like to comment on this but i cannot, atleast not without mentioning the old band, and to do that could result in a ban, and entering the realms of being boring  hihi

I started an thread about drumming and this is what i got: (did mention the old band too)
Your threads are boring.
Boring!
/jarmo
(how jumped up is he  hihi)[/size]

i dont wanna get on the wrong side of you... but people droning on about the old band is boring. and old. you can have an opinion about the new / old band, just stop nailing it into us at every given opertunity... the majority of us are just gettin on with whats now.

I have a Karma: -1 and so do you. What did you do to get your Karma: -1  Smiley

I like the old band as much as the new band. My topic was about drumming and i mentioned just 1 song that i think was performed best of all by the old band.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2006, 04:42:49 PM »

hey, hey, stop it. Come back on topic.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Liquid Drum
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2006, 05:02:07 PM »

I'd really like to comment on this but i cannot, atleast not without mentioning the old band, and to do that could result in a ban, and entering the realms of being boring? hihi

Your threads are boring.
Boring!
/jarmo
(how jumped up is he? hihi)[/size]

I have a Karma: -1 and so do you. What did you do to get your Karma: -1? Smiley

I like the old band as much as the new band. My topic was about drumming and i mentioned just 1 song that i think was performed best of all by the old band.

I saw your post and you deliberately posted links to songs from the old and new line-up and you were droning on about the old band - thats why your thread got closed.

Don't take it out on other people.  no
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2006, 07:54:26 PM »

the same with RIR 2001, the camera guys are absolutely confused hihi

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Rio3 was great, TV GLOBO is one of the best televisions in the world they did a great job at the show, the Rio Lisbon was ridiculos the robotic camera and they lost  the camera on whoever's soloing at,  the best footage is from Download IMO, great angles zoom etc.

Rock AM Ring they are too many focus on AXL,was very poorly edited.

I second that about RiR3 - the camera work was fantastic and gave all the guys the screen time they deserved (even Pittman got a few shots here and there). "When you do things right, people wont notice youre doing anything at all" - I think thats true about concert filming. If you can feel like youre there and that the concert is rocking then the camera work is bang on. RiR5 just sucked though - every second shot was a long swing past Axl.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: