Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:27:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)  (Read 56731 times)
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 02:06:32 AM »

To me the only thing that makes this year different then the past 3 years, is that Axl is out now and he is talking and now the fact the radio stations are playing IRS.? Other then that...it's just like the past couple years..? We had the IRS leak, management reacted the same way and still we had no album.. Axl out and the stations playing IRS which I believe is a ploy from GNR management..especially if they don't put a stop to it and even if they do...it just seems odd that the stations, multiple stations are playing it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 02:12:23 AM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 02:10:29 AM »

Or perhaps the person who has the demos sensed that perhaps a release is coming and decided to get one last power fix before the thing is released.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 02:16:11 AM »

Or perhaps the person who has the demos sensed that perhaps a release is coming and decided to get one last power fix before the thing is released.

That's what I'm thinking - the "leaks" will be useless once the album is released.

But I doubt that will happen anytime soon.
Megaguns
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 04:04:42 AM »

My thoughts are that these demos have been on cd at someones house for ages, Some casual fan who does not use the internet much and didnt know what they had(maybe thought they were fake)
Notice that better got leaked maybe a week after axl said the title in public for the first time ever?       This person with the cd read this and went....  SHIT!!! this stuff must be real.... Wheres that cd i threw aside a year ago?.... and uploaded them... Just my thoughts and it makes sense.   yes
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 04:12:47 AM »

I had the songs burned to cd and left them in the computer at school. Hopefully some unknowing schmuck will try to listen to it and get the shock of his life!  rofl Imagine being a gnr fan who doesn't get on the net for news and finds this music just sitting in a computer.  hihi
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 04:59:13 AM »

someone mentioned to me that the source of the leaks has something to do with Axls vegas excursion? make of that what you will...

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 05:11:04 AM »

Well, whoever leaked the tracks, they're a bit daft. Axl's lawyers are going to be on the scent, and they're going to take his CD off him - so really, as an insurance policy to ensure he still has access to the songs afterwards, he might as well have leaked all three. Mind you, with the lawsuits that are going to be heading his way, that'll be the least of his worries. I find it hilarious that he's saying, "Oh, I didn't leak all of Better and TWAT for Axl's sake, to whet your appetite for the album."

Somehow, I don't think that argument's going to hold water, given that Axl's probably fuming with incandescent RAGE right now...

SG
RichardNixon
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 06:10:08 AM »

Are these songs from the Truck CD? And why weren't these songs leaked in '03-'05? I wanna know damit! rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 06:27:32 AM »

If CD is released, I think it would make an excellent promotional strategy to release an EP called 'The Trunk EP'. And if 'Better' is from another source (e.g. his Vegas excursion) create a similar EP in the same manner. Kind of like the X-Files for GNR

Even if the songs are already on the album, they would make great collector's items, as would previous mixes of albums by diffrent producers / musicians.

Here today...ready to rock
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 07:33:05 PM »

My Theory:

The leaks are coming from someone who's been "inside" for a while now.? This "insider" apparently doesn't mind that it's taking Axl forever to release the album BUT gets really really pissed when Axl plays it in public for peoples other than the regular fans.

Axl plays CD for those strippers in LV in July 2003 ... then August 2003, Piazza plays that early scratchy version of IRS on the Trunk show.

Axl plays CD for that NYC night club owner and that "bevy" (probably the Victoria Secret models who Richard played for) on Feb 10th ... then on Feb 15th a clearer version of IRS is leaked plus the Better leak.

Coincidence?? Maybe .... Maybe NOT!!!

So if my theory is correct and Axl keeps hangin' out at these seedy joints, then the "fan-friendly insider" will eventually leak us the entire actual album!!!? Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Origen
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 07:33:56 PM »

Go on mygnr there is a guy there saying how he got the cd
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 07:36:25 PM »

Huh Wasn't Axl grandma then Huh

//JK
Chief
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 07:44:17 PM »

what did he say?

Go on mygnr there is a guy there saying how he got the cd

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 07:47:19 PM »

I'm more interested about the radio leaks.  Who was the first radio station to play "Better" on the radio?  Maxim Radio: The Bower Show mentioned that they were the first to play as much as they did.  They had a good amount segment on the two "new" songs.

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 07:49:58 PM »

one swallow doesnt make a summer.

Yes things are promising right now, but they've been good before and have generally turned bad pretty quickly.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 07:52:30 PM »

I think with all the people who have been involved with CD throughout the years, there has to be someone with a demo. ?Perhaps since Axl is back in the public eye, the person with the demo is deciding to share. ? it's a stange theory, but a very simple one.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 08:30:39 PM »

The two main ways that leaks occur are either people involved with recording the project in some capacity get their hands on songs, or when the album is sent to be pressed or mastered songs get leaked.  So there you have it.  To me it's amazing that with how long they've been working on this album, there's still only been one song leaked in its entirety.  They're doing a great job keeping the album under wraps. 

The reason that I think the recent leaks were made by someone close to the project who cares about not doing any damage to the band is that the only leaks we've had are a higher quality version of a song that leaked quite a while ago, and a short "teaser" clip of a new song that had never been heard of until Axl mentioned it last month
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 10:38:50 PM »

I am reading some things about these demos on the board which are pretty funny. I am an older fan, so bear with me. Pretent you never heard november rain. I have 2 really old demo versions. Axl and a piano, and axl and 1 guitar. If this was the 1st time you heard NR, most people would be like "what the hell is this?". But look how good that song turned out to be! I think twat and better will be really amazing.
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 10:39:54 PM »

they are already amazing
Evolution
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 10:40:44 PM »

they are already amazing

Amen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Up Print