Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:59:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?  (Read 60571 times)
suicide
VIP

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 01:33:03 PM »

I clearly remember tommy saying the album was gonna be finished in 2002.
that's the 'we'
Yeah, me and Tommy  ok

Hoping/thinking it would get finished, and being convinced that it is finished, are two different things. So which one s it?

/jarmo

I was hoping and thinking it would get finished. And I believed in Axl when he said "People will hear new music this year" http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9155514/axl_rose_breaks_his_silence in 2006. But you're right, he didn't say "People will hear new Guns N' Roses music this year". And we did hear new music, many bands did in fact release new albums.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 01:39:07 PM »

I was hoping and thinking it would get finished. And I believed in Axl when he said "People will hear new music this year" http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9155514/axl_rose_breaks_his_silence in 2006. But you're right, he didn't say "People will hear new Guns N' Roses music this year". And we did hear new music, many bands did in fact release new albums.

Same old shit.  Roll Eyes

It was his aim to get it out before the year ended.

You really want to have this discussion again?

Go read Axl's letter from December 2006. It's explained there.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:41:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
suicide
VIP

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »

That's what I'm saying... and I was hoping and thinking it would happen. I was convinced it would happen. Like I'm hoping and thinking 2008 will be the year we've all been waiting for. And again, I'm convinced it can happen if legal matters or whatever went wrong before don't spoil things.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 01:42:15 PM »

You, like many, read too much into stuff.

People wil hear music in 2006..?..... we got it, definitely.. be it at gigs or demo's, those were not on AfD songs ok

Axl never literally said, I am going to release the album 100% finished so suicide won't make wise guy comments on teh inernetz  peace

This signature is very funny.
maynard
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 01:49:22 PM »

I remember when somebody asked if CD would be released in 2006. Axl answer was: Yeah, fall, late fall.

This post will be deleted in 10........9.............8..........
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 01:50:30 PM »

I remember when somebody asked if CD would be released in 2006. Axl answer was: Yeah, fall, late fall.

Do you understand the concept of hoping/wishing/planning?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gav
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »

I forget his username but a seemingly reliable poster over at mygnr claimed the album was handed over July 07', but I suppose that could be countered by the argument that Beta did not state until Dec 07' that the album was finished (aaaahh, but perhaps her information was a little late!)

I don't really know, but I am looking forward to new music, and with any luck it will be SOON
sandman
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 02:23:52 PM »

there is a MAJOR difference between "the album is done" and "the album has been delivered to the label."

and i haven't been following things too closely, but i didn't think we ever received any type of confirmation that Geffen was in possession of the completed album.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 02:26:47 PM »

According to Baz, the album has been done for quite awhile... I have no doubts that the label has the finished album in their hands.

Will we see CD in 2008?? Oh yeah... it's coming.

I honestly wonder if Dr. Pepper will stand by what they said... Maybe EVERY American that buys the album will somehow be able to get a free can of soda?? I do know one thing, when the album does finally drop, the last thing I'll be thinking about is a free fucking can of Dr. Pepper.

We've been saying it for years on this board, but I do think this year is finally the year.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 02:40:54 PM »

Jarmo, do you think the neogations are done as far as with their record contract, or do you think that now they hired management that their starting the discussions.  I personally hope all that's left is the marketing, video plans, ect that's left to do.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »

No, I don't.

I think everybody's main goal is to get everything sorted and get the album out as soon as possible.

Having a management team like Azoff/Gould on board don't seem like a disadvantage at all.  Smiley

/jarmo

Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »

No, I don't.

I think everybody's main goal is to get everything sorted and get the album out as soon as possible.

Having a management team like Azoff/Gould on board don't seem like a disadvantage at all.  Smiley

/jarmo

Hey Jarmo,
    It sounds like you might have some insight that others do not.  I, like all, would love for the album to finally be released.  I am sure you can understand the skeptics after March 6, 2007 came and went, right?

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 03:55:06 PM »

from NME (http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/35812):

Guns N' Roses finish 'Chinese Democracy' album

Axl Rose has finally delivered the album to his record label

Guns N Roses have reportedly finished work on 'Chinese Democracy', the album that Axl Rose has been working on for the past 14 years.

Therockradio.com reports that Geffen Records, the band's record label, have confirmed they have received a finished copy of the album, and are currently haggling over money and rights issues with Rose.

The album is reported to have cost in excess of $13million (?6.5million) to produce.

As previously reported, it is rumoured that a Guns N' Roses reality TV show is set to be broadcast to coincide with the release of the album.

Are you looking forward to the release of 'Chinese Democracy'? Do you reckon it will be worth the wait or has Rose been wasting his time? Let us know by commenting below on MyNME.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »

funny how rumours spread so quickly... NME already adressed the "reality-show" one..  Roll Eyes  (http://www.nme.com/news/nme/35811)

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »

funny how rumours spread so quickly... NME already adressed the "reality-show" one..  Roll Eyes  (http://www.nme.com/news/nme/35811)

Wasn't the whole reality tv show thing proven false?

I'm so lost with the rumours now that I don't know up from down confused

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 04:08:41 PM »

from NME (http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/35812):

Guns N' Roses finish 'Chinese Democracy' album

Axl Rose has finally delivered the album to his record label

Guns N Roses have reportedly finished work on 'Chinese Democracy', the album that Axl Rose has been working on for the past 14 years.

Therockradio.com reports that Geffen Records, the band's record label, have confirmed they have received a finished copy of the album, and are currently haggling over money and rights issues with Rose.

The album is reported to have cost in excess of $13million (?6.5million) to produce.

As previously reported, it is rumoured that a Guns N' Roses reality TV show is set to be broadcast to coincide with the release of the album.

Are you looking forward to the release of 'Chinese Democracy'? Do you reckon it will be worth the wait or has Rose been wasting his time? Let us know by commenting below on MyNME.

I posted both this link and this thread this morning, only to have it deleted within minutes.   I really do try to adhere to all board rules, but this one confuses me....?

Great to see this making the rounds, rumor or not.  Hopefully more good things will keep coming...

BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2008, 04:11:16 PM »

I hope to God it's false... I can't think of an easier way to ruin credibility than to be on a reality show.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/35812

Kick For You Ass... Minority Parlant...

rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2008, 04:15:40 PM »

I posted both this link and this thread this morning, only to have it deleted within minutes.   I really do try to adhere to all board rules, but this one confuses me....?

Great to see this making the rounds, rumor or not.  Hopefully more good things will keep coming...
It wasn't deleted.  Try looking in the thread about it that says it's FAKE!  Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51389.msg1061940#msg1061940

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »

Yeah it is false. I was just adressing the fast spreading of the rumours... that end up being false. not surprised that you end up getting confused with all of this!  ok

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: