Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:24:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?  (Read 60570 times)
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2008, 08:38:43 AM »

I've worked for 2 stations that have played it and gotten Cease and Desist letters within a couple of days.  I'm sure it's just there for show... that would be real ballsy to do it with the record company there in town.  If they were to do something like that, labels may not let their bands play local shows like LA Invasion or the Weenie Roast.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2008, 04:29:17 PM »

ive just went to the kroq website and on the request a song section you can request IRS wtf?

because you said so I checked the site to see it wasn't like they had  the song on their list.
To request a song you have to write in the title.
if you click on the band list from the drop down list it gives a choice of gnr songs one of them irs im not making it up - not sure wether they would play it though

I didn't mean you were making it up and I see it now. Guess it was the pc setting.
They only have IRS and WTTJ in the list.

and I don't see any harm in requesting the song they won't play.  Tongue
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2008, 08:42:01 PM »

Usually, 99% is pre-programmed.  They will sometimes leave a song or two open per shift.  But even then, the station will likely only allow a song they would normally play in rotation.

Requests are mainly used for market research.  They look at the overall requests for the day (week) to help determine what will go in rotation.

You could request Chinese Democracy.  You could even request Sorry.  But it won't matter because the station has already decided what they are going to play.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »

From a story on Olympic athlete Anna Goodale...

By the Associated Press

Posted Friday, August 8, 2008

Goodale's family tree has its roots steeped in American culture, from Gibson - whose illustrations epitomized the ideal American woman of his era - to her guitar strumming cousin from the rock band Guns N' Roses, Richard Fortus.

Goodale has also hung out with Guns N' Roses, whose long-delayed next album, "Chinese Democracy," has been in the works longer than Goodale has had a rowing career.

"I haven't heard any of the tracks," she said, laughing. "It's done. They're just not releasing it. He says it's just on hold. Eventually it will come out."

Maybe she'll crank some of the band's classics before she hits the water. Or perhaps she'll prepare with a little quiet time with her colors and her imagination.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=426/news/newsid=184065.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2008, 04:51:07 AM »

figures... but please put source before knowing it's real.... and perhaps she's the cousin of Richard, who knows. but I don't know if she would be in the know..
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »

Source?  It's an Associated Press story on NBC's website. Cheesy

She says that it's "on hold" which it would be if they are in negotiations, and that it's done.  Pretty much what has been said.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2008, 01:34:46 PM »

the news to me is that Richard has an Olympic athlete cousin. and she's friends with GNR.
wow I gotta check the rowing event.
Shackler
Headliner

« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2008, 07:31:28 PM »

I wudnt say she nose anything. But who nose, all we can do is wait... Cry

Like the tides done on the ocean, the waves already set in motion, the only one in this game that's lost is you!!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: