Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:01:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba  (Read 60056 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2009, 10:10:24 AM »

Wait a minute. Are we developing "DJ Insiders" now??  rofl

Would that be a bad thing?  Wink

Maybe not bad....but certainly funny.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2009, 10:50:42 AM »

Mainstream doesn't have to be bad, obviously.

Well said.  Sometimes i feel like just cos GNR is no longer mainstream, that all of a sudden mainstream is a bad thing on these boards.  Mainstream doesnt have to be Hanson

likewise non mainstream doesn't have to be bad.
it's most exciting to see your fav underdog invade the mainstream by being themselves.
SlamminFlowerChild
Opening Act

« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2009, 12:51:16 AM »

I'm not saying that everything mainstream is bad or Hanson (and hey, I like their second album, and Taylor Hanson is actually in this excellent little indie band called Tinted Windows).  But, just because something is popular, doesn't mean its good.  Conversely, just because something ISN'T mainstream, doesn't mean it's good, either.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2009, 07:24:29 AM »

i had a chance to meet dj tonight. he was really cool & sincere.  he took a pic with me. anyway i wish him nothing but the best in the band.
pipi
Opening Act

« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2009, 08:14:49 AM »

post the pic!!!  ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2009, 11:43:50 AM »

post the pic!!!  ok

are you talking to dj? hihi
SlamminFlowerChild
Opening Act

« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2009, 03:56:47 PM »

i had a chance to meet dj tonight. he was really cool & sincere.  he took a pic with me. anyway i wish him nothing but the best in the band.

Yes, he really was nice. 

I didn't care for Beautiful Creatures, actually, I thought they were below average, but I know Axl will bring out the best in Ashba.  He's a very skilled guitarist, no doubt about it.

He was spitting his game at all these hot babes outside.  Wink

He always has been good at that, lol. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »

Shhhhh...  I think DJ has a girlfriend, don't blow up his spot. At least that's what I heard from some girls at the chat last week.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2009, 12:14:15 AM »

he almost had as much game as me & garry. but the real show was at denny's that night. anyway i got no skills, i cant post the pic. the pic is blurry, but maybe garry will post it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »

oh i thought dj took the pic with his camera.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »

Quote from: DJ ASHBA
I've wanted to work with Axl for many years, I have the most respect for him, he's the real deal, no bullshit! Mad talent and an all around amazing friend

Sounds like someone is taking the acceptance of his request for an "add" on a certain lead singer's myspace waaay too seriously!!!  hihi

j/k  Tongue

Not if someone really is. Wink   Unfortunately for you, we've already passed our quota of wanna-be insiders/Ashba-stalkers, so unless you provide proof that you really are a DJ Insider, don't be surprised if nobody around here is buying into your italics.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pipi
Opening Act

« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2009, 09:13:05 AM »

post the pic!!!  ok

are you talking to dj? hihi

yea!!  yes  hihi
SlamminFlowerChild
Opening Act

« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2009, 11:37:04 AM »

I've wanted to work with Axl for many years, I have the most respect for him, he's the real deal, no bullshit! Mad talent and an all around amazing friend

Sounds like someone is taking the acceptance of his request for an "add" on a certain lead singer's myspace waaay too seriously!!!  hihi

j/k  Tongue

Not if someone really is. Wink   Unfortunately for you, we've already passed our quota of wanna-be insiders/Ashba-stalkers, so unless you provide proof that you really are a DJ Insider, don't be surprised if nobody around here is buying into your italics.

Sadly, I don't know how to prove anything to you.  And I'm not entirely sure I want to.  Proving oneself isn't all it's cracked up to be.

And whats wrong with italics? lol
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »

Quote from: SlamminFlowerChild
Proving oneself isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Oh yes around here it is.. In fact its mandatory in the GNR world  rofl
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2009, 01:19:41 PM »

j/k  Tongue

Sadly, I don't know how to prove anything to you.  And I'm not entirely sure I want to.  Proving oneself isn't all it's cracked up to be.

And whats wrong with italics? lol

In the end I guess it doesn't matter. We've had dozens of "insiders" with just about every member and it just gets tiresome is all. It always ends up the same way. Either it's months or years of "I can't really share any information" or eventually they tell us something that proves to be false and we never hear from them again. With the current GNR situation, it would appear that we're in a "I can't really share anything" area from any supposed DJ insider.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2009, 03:30:15 PM »

wait. are you sure you're trying to act as an insider? by an insider i mean an insider. someone is/talks/works with dj in person on a dairy basis. Huh
SlamminFlowerChild
Opening Act

« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »

wait. are you sure you're trying to act as an insider? by an insider i mean an insider. someone is/talks/works with dj in person on a dairy basis. Huh

lol, valid point.  I wasn't, actually.  I mean, I know him, but I don't talk to him everyday or anything...and god knows I don't WORK with the man.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2009, 11:56:56 AM »

Ashba works on a dairy? 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2009, 12:05:01 PM »

Ashba works on a dairy? 

Does that mean if someone is lactose intolerant they can't work for GNR?? Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2009, 12:26:12 PM »

i know lactose intolerant people can work at diaries  Cool so don't worry about that.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: