Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:33:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Proof that Slash & Duff lied about signing over the GNR name.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proof that Slash & Duff lied about signing over the GNR name.  (Read 56971 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »

As other people have said, for whatever reason, he wanted to wait until a particular, perhaps when CD was set to come out, to clear the air and tell his side of the story.

A better balance could have been struck between rehashing old shit and talking about the present and future.

People on the street could not name you 5 members of this band, and that's spotting them Axl and Dizzy.  That's a problem.  These guys stuck with him for 10 years, presumably thinking they would get their due when the album came out.  Instead, we talk about Slash.  Its a disservice to the current line-up.
I don't dispute that until recently, the current lineup has not been marketed as much as they should have been.  But, again, these are issues that he had not spoken about publicly and he had every right to present his case publicly.  Also, I think there was plenty of discussion of the CD material during the course of those several chats.

Ali
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 01:12:56 PM »

As other people have said, for whatever reason, he wanted to wait until a particular, perhaps when CD was set to come out, to clear the air and tell his side of the story.

A better balance could have been struck between rehashing old shit and talking about the present and future.

People on the street could not name you 5 members of this band, and that's spotting them Axl and Dizzy.  That's a problem.  These guys stuck with him for 10 years, presumably thinking they would get their due when the album came out.  Instead, we talk about Slash.  Its a disservice to the current line-up.

The ship carrying casual fans interested in knowing who makes up GN'R today sailed, or should I say sunk long ago.
An interview with Axl talking about them isn't going to change that.
Create new music, and if people like what they hear, they will be interested in knowing who's playing it.

Until that happens, an article written about the lineup that disbanded over a decade ago will generate far more traffic than an interview with any active member.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 01:17:22 PM »

The ship carrying casual fans interested in knowing who makes up GN'R today sailed, or should I say sunk long ago.
Create new music, and if people like what they hear, they will be interested in knowing who's playing it.

Until that happens, an article written about the lineup that disbanded over a decade ago will generate far more traffic than an interview with any active member.

True.  But partly because that's the bed that Axl has made.  You gotta start somewhere, right?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »

True.  But partly because that's the bed that Axl has made.  You gotta start somewhere, right?
Yes, and I can say as someone that was at the Hard Rock Hotel during the Vegas Residency, there was a concerted effort to market the band.  There was memorabilia from the current members displayed, along with t-shirts with their pictures on them, as well as elevators in the hotel having a group photo with everyone's name beneath their image.

Long overdue, but a welcomed sight nonetheless.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »

But do they spend years working on a new album and then say what they'd like to talk about it something Axl Rose said 10 years ago?

No, they write books about it.  hihi

Wink

Don't tell me that you or Slash will be in a coffin before you speak again.  Who gives a fuck?  

The same people who keep asking Slash if there's a chance of him ever reuniting with Axl!
And some of them are GN'R fans. Not just your average Joe who has no idea about what's happened....

Anyhow, this still isn't about the chats. It's about something else... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 02:04:44 PM »

Yes, and I can say as someone that was at the Hard Rock Hotel during the Vegas Residency, there was a concerted effort to market the band.  There was memorabilia from the current members displayed, along with t-shirts with their pictures on them, as well as elevators in the hotel having a group photo with everyone's name beneath their image.

Long overdue, but a welcomed sight nonetheless.

Oh, agreed.  How many years did we joke there wasn't even a group photo of the entire band?

Good to hear though.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »

At this point who cares. Each one is at fault for the demise of the original GNR. They could have been the Rolling Stones of Generation X and Y. Now looking to the present and future, the GNR name should have been retired by Axl. I think that he still would have garnered interest as just Axl. He needs to do something with the GNR brand. If Slash and Duff can be productive and successful as solo acts, I don't see why Axl cannot do the same with or wouth the GNR name. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2013, 05:46:40 PM »

At this point who cares. Each one is at fault for the demise of the original GNR. They could have been the Rolling Stones of Generation X and Y. Now looking to the present and future, the GNR name should have been retired by Axl. I think that he still would have garnered interest as just Axl. He needs to do something with the GNR brand. If Slash and Duff can be productive and successful as solo acts, I don't see why Axl cannot do the same with or wouth the GNR name. 

I wonder.  Keeping the name was a business decision, and I can't see how it was the wrong one.

Was "The Axl Rose Band" headlining festivals when the album was still little more than a rumor?  Because "Guns N' Roses" did.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

At this point who cares. Each one is at fault for the demise of the original GNR.  

Haha, who cares? You have been around a while, you should know a lot of Guns fans are fanatical. They live and breathe the band, it's music and it's history. The integrity of all the members is a huge issue beit old or new members.

This strikes at the heart of old debate. It appears Slash and Duff have defined Axl's path quite heavily post their departure. For the first time, we see proof of the path they were following.

For me, I wonder how has this potentially affected 'New GN'R'? Whatever your opinions of Axl are, no one deserves to be bastardised like this.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »

For me, I wonder how has this potentially affected 'New GN'R'? Whatever your opinions of Axl are, no one deserves to be bastardised like this.

Without having asked all the people of Planet Earth, I'm guessing it hasn't helped the band to have the whole "Axl forced them to sign over the name" issue hanging over them....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 06:12:02 PM »

Without having asked all the people of Planet Earth, I'm guessing it hasn't helped the band to have the whole "Axl forced them to sign over the name" issue hanging over them....

/jarmo

Absolutely. When I say affected, I mean damaged. Just being politically correct  hihi
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 07:17:19 PM »

It's Earl's fault. He twisted their arms with one hand behind his back.

BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 11:14:41 PM »

I've no real response to any of this anymore other than reading these threads sometimes makes me feel a little embarrassed and a little pathetic.  Let's fucking move on already...somebody please leak some new material and get me excited again about my favorite band.  Fucking A, what is happening to us?
Princess Leia
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 04:40:08 AM »

Assuming that copy is legit it is not a contract. It is ONLY a Memorandum Of Agreement. That?s what tha copy says. So I can sign a Memorandum today and changed my mind tomorrow about the whole thing. All I have to do is inform the other party I have changed my mind. So at the end the only thing that matters in the final contract.

This only means there was an agreement at some point. That Memorandum alone didn?t give Axl anything.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 05:45:49 AM »

A lose-lose situation.
Nothing is ever good enough. For some people.

/jarmo

[/quote]

Well said. I don't know how come Axl deals with so much shit. Press. Insane fans. It's not easy.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 05:48:56 AM »

The memo of agreement may have been an attachment to the actual GNR/Geffen contract.

Saint-Laurent sounds like he's got a book in the works about the courtroom drama. Can't wait to see the movie!
Princess Leia
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »

The memo of agreement may have been an attachment to the actual GNR/Geffen contract.

Saint-Laurent sounds like he's got a book in the works about the courtroom drama. Can't wait to see the movie!

Yes, it may have been. But we don?t know. If I?m going to make a public claim that you lie. I have to show everything not just one little paragraph of a memorandum. Because I?m making a serious accusation against you.

That?s why I don?t understand why Axl didn?t act a lot earlier. The first time I read about the threat Axl might have made to force Slash and Duff to sign over the name was more than 10 years ago in a Rolling Stone article. Why Axl didn?t say anything at that time?
gnrfan1797
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2013, 10:32:36 AM »

Wouldn't that make sense?  You give you side and then move on to your current band and current album?  Why not vent and be done with it?  Then your chat can be more about what you are doing now and how you are excited about it.

Personally I don't believe everything I read... Even if it's in an official biography...

/jarmo

I couldn't agree more.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »

A lose-lose situation.
Nothing is ever good enough. For some people.

/jarmo

Well said. I don't know how come Axl deals with so much shit. Press. Insane fans. It's not easy.
[/quote]

I'd actually tweak that a little bit.  A more accurate statement would be "Nothing IS good enough for some people."

Look how many people at this board take that approach.  Nothing ever happens, and that's all fine.

gnrfan1797
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 10:41:35 AM »

Why should Axl, Slash, or Duff have to defend themselves about anything they did? Whatever happened at whatever point in time is done with whatever is going on at that point in time.  Drama happens everywhere and the main point of drama is to have something to talk about, hence talking about the past upteen years later. When I chose to listen to a band it's about the music, it has nothing to do with whatever they got going on in there closet. Axl is Axl. SLash is SLash. Duff is Duff. Personally, I just want to listen to music.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: