Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:06:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Proof that Slash & Duff lied about signing over the GNR name.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proof that Slash & Duff lied about signing over the GNR name.  (Read 56968 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »

Drunk, high, sober...tough to question Slash's work ethic based on what he accomplished with Guns and everything since.
Axl's on the other hand seems more the mystery to me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2013, 03:00:02 PM »

no, the point was that -right before i jumped in this discussion- people werent crediting Slash for much or any work during UYI tours, and that's just plain WRONG.

Here's what was written, and you subsequently responded right after:

I would think the problems would be when you are trying to talk to him about business shit or something coming up, and the guy is wrecked.  At its like 3PM.

Annoyance and resentment are going to be natural reactions.

And you're going to feel put upon (that you are now stuck being clear headed and making the business decisions), too.  All while you're watching the people who are supposedly your partners "having fun" while you're left doing the "work".

Not saying that's what was happening..I don't know...but if it was, and I was the one expected to be doing the work, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Was the specific reference to "business" stuff not enough context?  Because thats what was being discussed...not the "out front" stuff.  THAT was the point.

It might not have been YOUR point..but then I'm not sure why the tangent started.

he provenly did most of the "out front work" (nice term by the way!). all the other work we dont have stronger evidence about who did what exactly.

You provided a good bit of evidence by pointing out the Doug seemed to be taking his direction from Axl, mostly.

is it possible Axl did more of the "behind the scenes"-work? sure! is it possible that Slash didnt do anything of that? i highly doubt that.

Your basis for "doubt" isn't any more, or less, founded in speculation than the rest of the "what if" going on here, right?

his ego got very big aswell during UYI, it's hard to imagine him not wanting to take also care of behind-the-scenes-work.

I think its very easy to imagine, considering that typically that stuff is soul suckingly awful, with very little "glory".  I suppose some people might like it..but it's far easier to imagine trying to avoid it at all costs. ESPECIALLY given we know that Slash and Duff were fucked up most of the time...hardly the best time to be making life altering, career defining business decisions.

he had to sign much off anyway, unfortunately he got outtricked with the name issue - which intentions are some evil in the 1st place and which is smth. we havent discussed too much IMO.

Tricked?  How so?

He signed a contract.  And not under duress (as he claimed).  And he had somewhere between 24 hours and 30 days (depending on the instrument(s)/documents he signed) "cooling off" period where he could have rescinded.  And he didn't.

Don't make it more than it is: A bad business decision. And one he entered into with eyes open, just like any other contract. Hard to argue he was "fooled".

By the looks of things, Axl got the name because Niven tried to coordinate a coup, and get Axl fired.  Axl found out about it, and outmaneuvered him.  Didn't trick anybody...just did what he had to do to ensure that, if he left, so did the name.  Was it a dick move?  Maybe....but then I'd guess Axl thinks that what happened via Niven was a dick move, too.

anyway Slash did most of the "out front work" when the rest is as you've said:

Again, completely theorycrafting, here. Big game of "what if".

Yup, sure is.

We also know SOMEONE was doing the other "business" stuff.

And we know Izzy, Steven (before he left), Duff, and Slash were fucked up most of the time.  Matt was an "employee".  So was Gilby.

It's not a big, huge, leap to think the only relatively sober guy in the parnership was handling the stuff that required a somewhat clear head.  Definitely not "for sure", granted.  But not a huge leap.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2013, 03:03:02 PM »

Drunk, high, sober...tough to question Slash's work ethic based on what he accomplished with Guns and everything since.
Axl's on the other hand seems more the mystery to me.

Sober?

Sure, the guy has accomplished a good bit post GnR.  As has Duff.  Both POST sobriety.  Heck, Duff has even become something of a business mogul.  Again, that was AFTER finding sobriety though.  The work ethic is definitely improved.

And...what's sort of ironic..is that with VR they had someone who was fucked up, and they got the boot because THAT PERSON'S work ethic (not just creatively) suffered.

Drunk and high?  I don't know if I'd agree....creatively, they seemed OK.  But, in a functioning professional aspect...there was easily as much bad as good.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:08:18 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mh8HThNHdY

Looks pretty messed up to me. SLow speaking and everything. But none the less it's the past and what's done is done. Dwelling on who did what and when they did what isn't going to make a difference today.

He definitely gave good interview...even if he was fucked up.

There was an MTV "backstage" with him in the early 90's where he is so high, it's nuts.  And it's a GREAT interview.

Together again,
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2013, 08:23:40 PM »

pilferk, out-front-work is part of business to me. any marketing is! and Slash was Guns 24h/7days a week up until 7/17/1993, that was pointed out by me, evidence is all over youtube. the Doug thing aint, thats still grey era as we've agreed (the behind-the-scenes-world), so please dont twist my words in this.

name tricked out was meant in the long run. again, thats what still has discussion potential.

Re-Union time, baby!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2013, 08:32:51 PM »

pilferk, out-front-work is part of business to me. any marketing is! and Slash was Guns 24h/7days a week up until 7/17/1993, that was pointed out by me, evidence is all over youtube. the Doug thing aint, thats still grey era as we've agreed (the behind-the-scenes-world), so please dont twist my words in this.

Then when it was further explained in later posts, it should gave been clear that was not the point the rest of us were making.

And I'm not twisting your words. You said it...nothing to twist.

name tricked out was meant in the long run. again, thats what still has discussion potential.

Maybe for you. The rest of us are still discussng the other pieces we find interesting...

Together again,
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2013, 03:31:15 AM »

This Celebration Whit:

GUNS N' ROSES WORLD TOUR 2014 + New Album

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●