Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:52:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?  (Read 58196 times)
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #360 on: June 25, 2015, 12:58:03 PM »

Hey All....been away for a bit travelling.

That being said..I will give "MY" perfect world scenario (P:S: EmilyGNR: Im not telling anyone what they should or should not be doing).

They should reunite in some shape or form. The combo of Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff inspired myself and i'm sure thousands of others to pickup an instrument or pen there thoughts and compose lyrics. They are the reason we are here. Without the music that they created we wouldn't be having this conversation on this board. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of people around the world who never got a chance to experience seeing them live(myself included). Would be curious to hear what new music from the would sound like.

I championed the cause for a long time in terms of this lineup, but 1 album (albeit in my opinion not a great one at that) since 97 isn't really setting the world on fire.

Im sure I'll get shit for this post.....but hey it's in my perfect world.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #361 on: June 25, 2015, 01:53:41 PM »

So, let me get this straight, on May 28th in the first post of your thread, you state you want option B (CURRENT BAND RECORD ALL NEW MATERIAL). Now, about 1 month later, you want option D (REUNION).  Roll Eyes

I will take option A (CD2).  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #362 on: June 25, 2015, 02:35:33 PM »

So, let me get this straight, on May 28th in the first post of your thread, you state you want option B (CURRENT BAND RECORD ALL NEW MATERIAL). Now, about 1 month later, you want option D (REUNION).  Roll Eyes

I will take option A (CD2).  ok

Went away...thought about it and decided that option D works best for me. Im allowed to change my mind.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #363 on: June 25, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »

Did you vacation and time travel back to 1988?  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #364 on: June 25, 2015, 03:55:36 PM »

That being said..I will give "MY" perfect world scenario (P:S: EmilyGNR: Im not telling anyone what they should or should not be doing).

They should reunite in some shape or form. The combo of Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff inspired myself and i'm sure thousands of others to pickup an instrument or pen there thoughts and compose lyrics. They are the reason we are here. Without the music that they created we wouldn't be having this conversation on this board. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of people around the world who never got a chance to experience seeing them live(myself included). Would be curious to hear what new music from the would sound like.

I championed the cause for a long time in terms of this lineup, but 1 album (albeit in my opinion not a great one at that) since 97 isn't really setting the world on fire.

Some sort of reunion would be the Hollywood type ending.  But its just so out of the realm of possibility, its sort of hard to really get behind.

You do raise an interesting point though.

Suppose for a second, Axl actually had the courage to do this for real, the new line-up, new material, etc.  Without it even being a runaway success (which is probably pie in the sky) let's just say it was a competent operation.  Music was released and promoted, tours were done in decent sized venues, and so forth.  People outside this board could name a new GNR song, and they would be on the radio in the public consciousness.

In other words, isn't it Axl's own self imposed inactivity that fuels all the reunion talk?  Because how many say it just like you?  That since the current operation is so half ass, why not just give up that ghost and do it again for real, with the actual band?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #365 on: June 25, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »

Some sort of reunion would be the Hollywood type ending.  But its just so out of the realm of possibility, its sort of hard to really get behind.

You do raise an interesting point though.

Suppose for a second, Axl actually had the courage to do this for real, the new line-up, new material, etc.  Without it even being a runaway success (which is probably pie in the sky) let's just say it was a competent operation.  Music was released and promoted, tours were done in decent sized venues, and so forth.  People outside this board could name a new GNR song, and they would be on the radio in the public consciousness.

In other words, isn't it Axl's own self imposed inactivity that fuels all the reunion talk?  Because how many say it just like you?  That since the current operation is so half ass, why not just give up that ghost and do it again for real, with the actual band?

I agree. There was an excitement around the band prior to CD coming out. The public was curious. They never capitalized on any of this. They did nothing to help us forget the previous lineup. The old band was great at self promotion. Say what you say about Slash but he was everywhere promoting the GNR brand back in the day.

Things are definitely different these days. Band members only seem to be allowed to say certain things regarding the band. I know that this isn't a band per se but if you are trying to create the illusion that it is maybe they need to try another approach.

Once again EmilyGNR: not telling them what to do or demanding anything
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #366 on: June 25, 2015, 05:44:32 PM »

I agree. There was an excitement around the band prior to CD coming out. The public was curious. They never capitalized on any of this. They did nothing to help us forget the previous lineup. The old band was great at self promotion. Say what you say about Slash but he was everywhere promoting the GNR brand back in the day.

Yeah, its unfortunate.

Its why I never got why Axl has them all on gag orders.  Look how much press Slash and Duff did back in the day.  Axl hates that shit, which is his right.  But if you've got other guys to do it so you don't have to...where's the downside?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #367 on: June 25, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »

Yeah, its unfortunate.

Its why I never got why Axl has them all on gag orders.  Look how much press Slash and Duff did back in the day.  Axl hates that shit, which is his right.  But if you've got other guys to do it so you don't have to...where's the downside?

Brain was asked if there were any gag orders when he was in the band, he denied any such thing.

Since Axl is running this show, the rest of the members are clearly not kept in loop on everything that goes on until they need to get informed. I think that's the reason many of the interviews ever since 2001 haven't been containing much info about release dates and touring dates (when months and years in advance).

Dj is putting the GN'R name out there quite a lot, thing is he doesn't have much information to work with. I guess that's the way Axl operates... as Dizzy said, he's very secretive.

I think there's a difference between sharing all information to the members and then telling them to keep their mouth shut about it, and not sharing any info before he thinks it's time.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #368 on: June 25, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »

Perception is reality, almost always.

The perception is that these guys either don't know shit, or aren't permitted to say shit.

Either way...is it good?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #369 on: June 25, 2015, 06:11:45 PM »

Perception is reality, almost always.

The perception is that these guys either don't know shit, or aren't permitted to say shit.

Either way...is it good?

It's not a "normal" band, that's for sure. It's a pretty unique situation, where Axl remains the only original, the owner of the name etc. That creates a situation where there's one guy that runs the whole show.

I think he likes to have complete control of every situation, and once he gives info on plans to the other members, knowing for sure this is what the press will push for in interviews with the guys, he wants that information to be as close to 100% certain as possible.

It is what it is and I don't think it'll change anytime soon.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #370 on: June 25, 2015, 06:17:33 PM »

I think he likes to have complete control of every situation, and once he gives info on plans to the other members, knowing for sure this is what the press will push for in interviews with the guys, he wants that information to be as close to 100% certain as possible.

I don't disagree.

But I'd probably then ask who is a better advocate for himself and his band than the man himself. 

If he wanted to make sure his word would hold up, then hold up that word.  And if it doesn't, speak.  Communicate.  Even if shit didn't come together, its nice to know than just wonder and assume.  As we know, that goes in both directions.

How much trouble does he buy himself with all this silence?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #371 on: June 25, 2015, 06:27:43 PM »

I don't disagree.

But I'd probably then ask who is a better advocate for himself and his band than the man himself. 

If he wanted to make sure his word would hold up, then hold up that word.  And if it doesn't, speak.  Communicate.  Even if shit didn't come together, its nice to know than just wonder and assume.  As we know, that goes in both directions.

How much trouble does he buy himself with all this silence?

I do agree with this. But don't forget, he has communicated quite a bit in the past. In 2006/2007 he was pretty active, getting the word out there. He did show up eventually in 2008/2009 after the release, doing both the fan chats and a couple of interviews. Also a little bit during the recent years of touring.

The most frustrating is when things don't go as planned, then he hasn't been very active in informing us. Also situations like now, where we feel like we're in a limbo.. a few more updates leading up to a release would be nice.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #372 on: June 26, 2015, 03:14:30 AM »

Hahaha when did I ever said the USA was not ok? 

Say what??

You say it all the time!  Is this a wind up?

Every time touring comes up, you go on about how rock is dead in the U.S. and we could take some pointers from our little brothers up north.   

Oh I understand now...

You have read my posts about how rock music is dead in the US and how certain major cities dont support live music enough abd just assumed the I dont like the US.... 

Didnt actually thnk someone could make that distiction, but I will clarity for you.

I have traceld to the USA many many time and have visited some of my all time fav places there...  I have met some great people and enjoyed a lot of great experiences there... 

Again you might not of known that, or read my posts and praise for Las Vegas (which is in the USA)....

I questioned you because you used a quote "USA is not ok"....   Implying that I have once said this...    I havnt... 

You are using the closed minded mentalty that you give people grief for on this board.   I have read many times people imply that you are not a fan of Guns of Roses becuase you are not a fan of some very specific things (set list, lack of new material),  But you are a fan??  Arnt you?

I may not like all things USA, but that does not mean I think "USA is not OK"...

So DX you we to love to wait till the thread gets away till something you get called out on

Do you mind replying to this.  Or should I just repost it, in response to another one of your unwanted posts
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #373 on: June 26, 2015, 10:34:01 AM »

So DX you we to love to wait till the thread gets away till something you get called out on

Do you mind replying to this.  Or should I just repost it, in response to another one of your unwanted posts

I made an offhand comment jokey type thing and you got all fired the fuck up. 

Judging by the tone here, things have not improved on that front.

But, since you going to get to the bottom of this, by god, let me help you get there.

I was making a joke about both you and mortis.  How he hates Vegas and how you are always shitting on US concertgoers while pumping up Canadian crowds.  I did this with a "USA Is Not OK" line, which...gotta be honest, I sort of thought was phrased in a way that conveyed this was light hearted.  Certainly didn't mean you hated the country as whole, which is a ridiculous conclusion to arrive at.

If that was your interpretation, it was the wrong one.  So I'm sorry you're all chapped, but since its not what I was going for, I don't feel all that bad about it.

And just as a general comment...chillax.  Life's too short to be fired up over message board slights, real or perceived.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:35:50 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #374 on: June 26, 2015, 08:23:05 PM »

I made an offhand comment jokey type thing and you got all fired the fuck up. 

Judging by the tone here, things have not improved on that front.

But, since you going to get to the bottom of this, by god, let me help you get there.

I was making a joke about both you and mortis.  How he hates Vegas and how you are always shitting on US concertgoers while pumping up Canadian crowds.  I did this with a "USA Is Not OK" line, which...gotta be honest, I sort of thought was phrased in a way that conveyed this was light hearted.  Certainly didn't mean you hated the country as whole, which is a ridiculous conclusion to arrive at.

If that was your interpretation, it was the wrong one.  So I'm sorry you're all chapped, but since its not what I was going for, I don't feel all that bad about it.

And just as a general comment...chillax.  Life's too short to be fired up over message board slights, real or perceived.

All is ok and thanks for explaining yourself

From my side I couldn't of cared less of what you said.     That's not what got me all hot and bothered.

It was that fact that I tried to discuss it with you and I have seen you many times here.   Once you get called out on something.   You wait

You wait till that specific thread moves on then you post again.   Ignoring the previous conversation that was going on. The one that either your facts where proved wrong or people just jumped on you opinion.

All in all I don't mind your post so keep them up.    Just please don't fake quote me on anything again and asume I think one way when in fact, in the discussed topic, I think the complete opposite.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »

No worries.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2015, 09:43:02 PM »

No worries.

On a 17 day vacation right now.   

Played 18 holes golf today   Shot a career high of 108 haha

Last day of school for the mini bacons. 

Hitting our cottage tomorrow    Plus 33 Celsius here right now

Home town Oilers just drafted the future of the NHL

The Blue Jays destroyed Texas tonight

Big bottle of vodka on ice.   

No worries is right!!!!!!   Hahahahahahah.    Life is good

And I really like your posts here.  So keep them up!!   I can just be a hard ass here and there

Manek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #377 on: June 27, 2015, 01:07:30 AM »

In a perfect world Axl releases an 8 song album of already recorded songs tomorrow.

He then takes the rest of his recorded songs and has Slash, Duff and Izzy re-record the rest of his recorded songs.  Axl then sings on some of the best ideas that Slash, Duff and Izzy have.  Then Axl, Duff, Slash and Izzy lock themselves in a rehearsal studio and write a few brand new songs together and release the best of all these sessions as a double album.  Also, while doing this, they play some festival shows with Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

In a reality based  perfect world, Axl will release 'Chinese Democracy 2' by Spring of 2016 and do a world tour with a band of whoever Axl wants to play with to support it.  I'd be great with this!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:13:17 AM by Manek » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: