Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:49:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point  (Read 57340 times)
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 08:29:41 PM »

Exactly!...Nobody in the GNR camp have ever used the word reunion. The only ones calling it a reunion are fans and media...then these same fans and media complain that it's not a reunion without Izzy and Steven...News flash people...It's not a reunion and never has been! I think the rumoured lineup is awesome and can't wait til April 8th!

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
overmatik
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 08:30:03 PM »

Well, if he isn't involved then as I have stated before, it isn't a reunion....just another lineup....no different than Sabbath or Deep Purple or whoever.  Undecided

GNR has not used the word "reunion" in any tweets or official statement released from the band.
Not once.

It's not a reunion, is more of a natural evolution. It's the best possible scenario we could have taking everything into consideration.  Wink

If anything is a reunion of the Illusion tour era, with the same three original members that finished that tour. To discuss Frank vs Matt or Gilby vs Richard vs Dave is ridiculous, they're all hired hands anyway...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 08:57:29 PM »

I just wish he would be involved in writing new GN'R songs. That is the most important thing but it doesn't seem to be the case according to his words. Similar let down to when Izzy officially dropped out of GN'R but I fully understand. Izzy is done being in the limelight with a huge band. All these years never got to see Izzy live. The only gnr member of any kind I've yet to see. Came close at Hammerstein 2006. Hopefully he joins them onstage around New York
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »

Wow I totally spaced out... I saw Izzy at Hammerstein in 06!

Still hoping to see him come out with the band..im sure he will.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 09:53:56 PM »

No real surprises there if that's from Izzy.

I don't really understand the love in for him either, if he doesn't want to be a part of it that's his decision, but mourning over it like its the end of the world is a little silly too. GNR has replaced him how many times over the years?

This whole deal is driven on Slash being back. The hardcores will say otherwise but it's time to let it go and get on with actually enjoying what's about to happen!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »

The real surprise is, if that's really Izzy, he actually made a public comment on the topic.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 10:16:53 PM »

He was pretty specific about April.  Hope the door is still open.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 10:24:27 PM »

Could be just because that's the only shows that's been announced.

If he isn't in close contact with GN'R, he knows as much as us as far as a tour goes.

But I don't think this means the door is closed on April shows either. I think he meant more 'involvement' as in full-time commitment. If Izzy calls tomorrow to ask Axl if it's ok for him to join them for a couple of songs in Vegas, I would be surprised if the answer was no.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 11:55:17 PM »

Well, if he isn't involved then as I have stated before, it isn't a reunion....just another lineup....no different than Sabbath or Deep Purple or whoever.  Undecided
Yeah....major bummer if Izzy isn't involved although he didn't paint the window shut.

I think ticket sales say otherwise.  Smiley
Not all fans are obsessed with ticket sales. We all knew those shows would sellout no matter who is in the lineup besides the big 3.

The amount of tickets sold is beside the point.

Well, if he isn't involved then as I have stated before, it isn't a reunion....just another lineup....no different than Sabbath or Deep Purple or whoever.  Undecided

GNR has not used the word "reunion" in any tweets or official statement released from the band.
Not once.
Of course. It's a "regrouping". Its media and fans that have run with the reunion label.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2016, 12:57:30 AM »

No its a reunion when you consider Izzy has virtually retired from the business of being in the limelight with a huge band 25yrs ago and counting.

and half the fanbase don't want Steven back or simply don't care who'd behind the kit.

Axl & Slash are part of it therefore it is Guns N' Roses and indeed a reunion. Everyone and there mothers recognize the 2. Can't say the same for duff, izzy & steven or anyone else. Duff being involved just make it a more solid/firm rounded out reunion

Princess Leia
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 02:11:01 AM »

The real surprise is, if that's really Izzy, he actually made a public comment on the topic.  hihi

Agree! The real news is that  he has a twitter account  Grin
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 02:46:22 AM »

well, this was kind of expected. the twitter account seems legit, confirmed by @chopaway.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 03:28:03 AM »

Could be just because that's the only shows that's been announced.

If he isn't in close contact with GN'R, he knows as much as us as far as a tour goes.

But I don't think this means the door is closed on April shows either. I think he meant more 'involvement' as in full-time commitment. If Izzy calls tomorrow to ask Axl if it's ok for him to join them for a couple of songs in Vegas, I would be surprised if the answer was no.
Of course he wouldn't say no. He'd probably be thrilled to let him do more guest appearances like he has the last several years. I'd personally be shocked if he doesn't show up for a few songs somewhere.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 06:20:14 AM »

Personally I've never viewed any of this as a reunion-just a continuation of a band that never stopped.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2016, 06:51:09 AM »

I know that.......and ticket sales are meaningless....just a bigger cash grab Gnr tour. Pretty sure none of them really need the money. Sorry, that is how I feel.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that Slash is back and love Gnr being seen more positively in the media and public eye. But, let's call a Spade a Spade.

Izzy and Axl started the fucking band for God's sake. It would be nice if he was engaged.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2016, 08:01:59 AM »

Sad.  It would be great to see him up there with the boys.

Anyways, he'll probably pop up on a few shows eventually. 
I was just hoping he would be involved with some of the rumored recordings.

Annie
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2016, 08:41:46 AM »

I know that.......and ticket sales are meaningless....just a bigger cash grab Gnr tour. Pretty sure none of them really need the money. Sorry, that is how I feel.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that Slash is back and love Gnr being seen more positively in the media and public eye. But, let's call a Spade a Spade.

Izzy and Axl started the fucking band for God's sake. It would be nice if he was engaged.
It is Izzy's CHOICE to do what he wants. And these GNR shows are going to be awesome. So why do people have to insult them by calling them a cash grab? It is such an exciting time to be a GNR fan. It's like seeing STAR WARS the FORCE AWAKENS on IMAX 3D. Ticket prices for great experiences often cost a little bit more.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2016, 08:50:28 AM »

cash grab is a bit harsh..... hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2016, 08:58:59 AM »

Well that?s a buzzkill.
Won?t feel like GN?R without him, but hopefully something changes and he finds his way there.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2016, 09:08:59 AM »

It would be... but he simply doesn't want to be...never really has.

I get your point about it being another lineup ... it's just the last few versions simply don't measure up to whats about to hit the stage in my opinion. Not a fair fight.

Counting down the days till I hit Vegas...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: