Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227889 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot interview from MySpace
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot interview from MySpace  (Read 4165 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« on: February 01, 2007, 05:45:49 PM »

Nothing new but same ol' bumblefoot, entertaining as per usual!!  peace

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=89608

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 05:46:32 PM »

Like I said I had a surprise for you guys, here's an intrview for you, from me, asking questions to Ron "Bumbleffot" Thal.

ENJOY
PS: You can repost this to other sites of course, BUT I would like if you do, that you mention WHERE it comes from......OK?Huh

Laurent @ gnrfansaroundtheworld
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Bro,
first of all, let me tell you that all the GNR fans around the world are going to be very happy when they will see that you accepted to answer som questions from me. I'm sure I speak for all of them when I say that it's REALLY appreciated.

*The pleasure is mine, thank you! smile.gif

Ok, let's start from the beginning. Your first gig with the Gunners was at the Hammerstein Ballroom last May. Actually 4 gigs in a row. When you were playing in your studio the month before, would you have ever imagined playing with them the month after?

*haha... ya never know when one of those moments are gonna happen, when life is gonna take a big turn, right?

Since then, 8 monhs passed by. What are the 2 or 3 things that changed the most in your life? Good or Bad?

*Well, a lot of cool people in my life like you and the GnR fans, the band and crew, their families... the travelling, getting to see places I've always wanted to go... all good stuff.

What are your taughts about you getting recognize by GnR fans as a full member of GnR, and that in only 8 months?

*I'm grateful that they gave me a chance. Hopefully I'm not letting them down. We're in this together, ya know? They've been so good to me, I'll never forget it.

Last question about GnR...Is it true that it's Joe Satriani whorecommended you to the band?

*Yes sir. At the same time, totally unrelated, Chris Pitman got in touch, heard from both within hours of each other. Glad I checked my emails that day...

If you couldn't play guitar tomorrow. Tell me wich musicians you would like to play tonight?

*Already playing with them all smile.gif

When you were a kid, doing air guitar in front of the glass in your parents room (we all do that), who did you pretend to be?

*Haha, you did that too?! Ace Frehley, from KISS.

We all saw that you like playing fretless guitars. There's not a lot of guitarist playing them. What made you start playing fretless guitar? And wich one you like better...fretless or with frets?

*Dig playin' both, each has somethin' about them. Fretted guitars you can really dig in and bend the strings till your fingers are chewed up, but fretless has a freedom you don't get from a fretted guitar. I kinda dig soloing with the fretless, Vigier makes the ones I use, with the metal neck. And they made the foot guitar. They gave me the fretless to check out, I think it was the NAMM show in 1999. The first 5 minutes were strange-but after an hour or so, it all started comin' together. CHEck 'em out at "www.vigierguitars.com"

Being a musician, you meet a lot of people, a lot of musicians. Since you started, wich musician did you meet that you said, after the meeting: WOW, THIS GUY IS FUCKING GREAT!!!!! I wish I could see him again?

*You mean, someone I met personnaly that impressed me with all around, their playing their personality, that I would like to hang out with and play with again?
Same as above, already playing with them smile.gif

I read an article somewhere, that you know ALL the songs from EVERYBODY. If somebody asks you to play ANY song, by ANYBODY, you know the song, and you play it.
YOU are supposed to be a real musical encyclopedia.
Is there a song that you like very much, and would wanna play but just can't?

*haha! I try to make 'em laugh by busting out some unexpected song, out of nowhere, at 4 am on the tourbus or at rehearsal, see who'll join in... fun stuff. I pretty much make up some guitar version of whatever song off the top of my head, kinda like the Don't cry solo. Never planned out what I was gonna do, just busted that out at Rock in Rio without ever playing it, just made it up on the spot. Every song is playable, if you make your own rendition of it. It's like telling a story with your voice, you're telling a song through your hands, ya know? If ya mean playing the guitar part of a song note-for-note, that takes dedication and practice.

Is there a place in the world that you are dying to do a show there? (I know u would like to play in Montreal, but you can't answer that!!!) wink.gif

*One of the places I was dying to play was the MAdison Square Garden in NYC. Grew up in NYC, first band I saw was Kiss at MSG, dream was to play there someday...happened in November. Same for Frank. We played a tribute to Kiss that night, Ace Frehley's solo from the Kiss Alive! album-what a great feeling to play that at the Garden. A lot of places I was working on touring with the solo band, but didn't get to play and hope to someday-Japan, South America, Israel, Australia, Iceland...would love to go back to Russia-played in Moscow in 2004 and 2005 (it's where I got that black furry hat I wear, haha...) And yes, even Montreal, if they'd have me.

And to finish that interview. It's very rare to see a rock star being so close to the fans. WHat makes you want be so close to the fans you have?

*Can't say it enough, *we're in this together*-one is imcomplete without the other. But it's not about that. We're all people, and should get the same love and dignity we'd hope for from otheres. It takes very little effort to let someone know you appreciate them, and if I'm able to make someone happy, why not.

That sums this little chat bro, hope you liked it. I sure did.
Thank you very much for everything dude, it's really appreciated by me, and by all the fans around the world.
You rock, and I hope that Democracy comes to China in March! LOL wink.gif

*Thank YOU! See ya soon!

BBF
1 FEB 2007
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 05:48:04 PM by Jimmy? » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:02:27 AM »

Bumblefoot coments on show at MSG in this article-

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=66349

"GNRFansAroundTheWorld recently conducted an interview with GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. A couple of excerpts from the question-and-answer session follow:

GNRFansAroundTheWorld: We all saw that you like playing fretless guitars. There's not a lot of guitarist playing them. What made you start playing fretless guitar? And wich one you like better...fretless or with frets?

Bumblefoot: Dig playin' both, each has somethin' about them. Fretted guitars you can really dig in and bend the strings 'till your fingers are chewed up, but fretless has a freedom you don't get from a fretted guitar. I kinda dig soloing with the fretless, Vigier makes the ones I use, with the metal neck. And they made the foot guitar. They gave me the fretless to check out, I think it was the NAMM show in 1999. The first five minutes were strange, but after an hour or so, it all started comin' together. Check 'em out at www.vigierguitars.com.

GNRFansAroundTheWorld: I read an article somewhere that you know ALL the songs from everybody. If somebody asks you to play any song, by anybody, you know the song, and you play it. You are supposed to be a real musical encyclopedia. Is there a song that you like very much, and would wanna play but just can't?

Bumblefoot: Haha! I try to make 'em laugh by busting out some unexpected song, out of nowhere, at 4 a.m. on the tour bus or at rehearsal, see who'll join in... fun stuff. I pretty much make up some guitar version of whatever song off the top of my head, kinda like the "Don't Cry" solo. Never planned out what I was gonna do, just busted that out at Rock in Rio without ever playing it, just made it up on the spot. Every song is playable if you make your own rendition of it. It's like telling a story with your voice, you're telling a song through your hands, ya know? If ya mean playing the guitar part of a song note-for-note, that takes dedication and practice.

GNRFansAroundTheWorld: Is there a place in the world that you are dying to do a show there?

Bumblefoot: One of the places I was dying to play was the Madison Square Garden in New York City. Grew up in NYC, first band I saw was KISS at MSG, dream was to play there some day...happened in November. Same for Frank. We played a tribute to KISS that night, Ace Frehley's solo from the KISS "Alive!" album ? what a great feeling to play that at the Garden. A lot of places I was working on touring with the solo band, but didn't get to play and hope to some day ? Japan, South America, Israel, Australia, Iceland... would love to go back to Russia ? played in Moscow in 2004 and 2005 (it's where I got that black furry hat I wear, haha...) And yes, even Montreal, if they'd have me."

http://www.myspace.com/gnrfansaroundtheworld go there for more info.

Heres to G'n'R you guys beer
cheers smoking

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 12:09:13 AM »

I would love to hear the Ace Frehley solo

anyone got a link?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 12:10:48 AM »

hell man just go buy KISSology vol.1 it simply KICKS ASS  ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 12:14:16 AM »

Baz went crazy when he came out to do My Michelle.  He was hugging and thanking Bumblefoot for doing that Ace solo.

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 12:19:34 AM »

I've heard ACe do it a million times, id like to see Bumble do it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 01:27:53 AM »

He made up the Don't Cry solo on the spot?  nervous

He's a genius.  ok

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
david rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 03:10:33 AM »

so come to israel ron dude beer
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 07:07:20 AM »

many people made their dream in colaboration with gunsnroses

I have never seen so many tree
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 07:24:48 AM »

he rocks  ok

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 07:38:26 AM »

Baz went crazy when he came out to do My Michelle.? He was hugging and thanking Bumblefoot for doing that Ace solo.

I saw Baz on MTV Cribs the other day. The man had an insane amount of Kiss memorablia stashed in his house.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 09:13:58 AM »

Bumblefoot: Haha! I try to make 'em laugh by busting out some unexpected song, out of nowhere, at 4 a.m. on the tour bus or at rehearsal, see who'll join in... fun stuff. I pretty much make up some guitar version of whatever song off the top of my head, kinda like the "Don't Cry" solo. Never planned out what I was gonna do, just busted that out at Rock in Rio without ever playing it, just made it up on the spot.
Wow. Just... wow.

SG
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 06:30:43 PM »

I've heard ACe do it a million times, id like to see Bumble do it.

ohh yeah same here man any links any one?
Huh

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 11:58:02 AM »

Wow what a great interview...Thanks for posting!!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 01:34:28 PM »

Thankz , I love BFFT.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 02:38:13 PM »

bumblefoot is god. Cool

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Nick722
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 06:52:30 PM »

Thanks for the interview.
He made up the Don't Cry solo on the spot?
Ron is awesome ok
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 07:26:03 PM »

Thanks people, it was fun doing it....

beer

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006