Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Can someone please tell me what's considered so bad to block my last subject?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can someone please tell me what's considered so bad to block my last subject?  (Read 4907 times)
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 29, 2004, 12:05:56 PM »

Let me make it clear, I'm certainly not on this Discussion? board to cause anyone trouble, I am here purely as a Gn'R fan, like the rest of these fine people seem to be. I don't see what was considered bad enough for this thread to be blocked, because nobody threatened anyone else, some peope cracked a couple of jokes or whatever.? ?I agreed that the ACTUAL address should not be given out if anyone does know, and there was a warning about being banned from here already, concerning this.? This simply was a bit of a discussion, which I thought would be ok on a 'discussion board'? We all seem intelligent enough to not reduce ourselves to the usual shit you come across of your average message board, so I find it insultong that it was stopped before it got out of hand...At least wait, surely?
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 12:20:24 PM »

The reason (i think) it was locked is because when I logged on earlier, someone had posted the actual address and was offering the phone # for the house.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:22:39 PM »

It seems on this forum if it's in the gnr section and it goes somewhat off line/topic it gets locked..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 12:39:04 PM »

It was an issue about posting a home address, which is against the rules.

You got your answer so there wasn't that much left to discuss.

Since somebody thought it was a good idea to post an address, even after I had said it wasn't allowed, it was locked. You can thank that banned guy for it.

Topics only get locked if they go really off topic, contain stupid fights (which we try to stop before we lock a thread) etc.

Topics that "disappear" are usually moved (often to the Dead Horse section) or merged with an old thread. Sometimes I don't even leave a redirection topic when I move a thread since it's obvious that the thread was in the wrong place (for example a thread about VR in the GN'R section).

For example, if you post a topic about wanting to see pics of Axl and then can't find your post the next day, look for a similar topic and you'll probably find your post there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 12:48:21 PM »

Fair enough, you said 'don't' and somebody did, I understand that. I know I got my answer (I didn't take in the address, just the Malibu bit)but shouldn't it be up to us when the discussion stops, even if it goes off topic? That's the beauty of talking, it can go anywhere.  When you have a chat to someone, do you say, 'we were talking about 'this' and now were not, so I'm stopping the conversation dead'? No, you let it go where it goes...

Too much power trippin' it seems to me.  You could have just taken down the message that you felt was over the top, not cut the whole thing off just to prove a point.  Anyway, I have a feeling we're gonna go round in circles, so unless I have to make another totally fair point, I'll leave it there, but I would seriously take in what I've said, because I'm not trying to piss you off, Jarmo, I'm trying to point out that your blocking the entire thread was way over the top.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 12:52:34 PM »

I just think the topic was dead, and people aren't smart enough to just let it be, he lives in cali, nothing much more to say, we'llnever get anymore then that..

I'd love to know how someone had his actuall address?  Also does anyone have it to verify if it's correct..?We dcould send him a card or something hihi Grin
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 12:56:47 PM »

The guy was just kidding around, it wasn't his real address, he even said he had his phone number, which I thought was amusing!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 01:02:20 PM »

The guy was just kidding around, it wasn't his real address, he even said he had his phone number, which I thought was amusing!

I'm sure he was, but he was told not to post an adress, there are some people that might believe it's real...When I see a thread like that I'll post 123 fake street or something silly not to be confused with a possible real addy...

I myself have seen a few topics locked a little soon, but every topic I've seen which stayed on the sunject never got locked.. Just look at how many are over ten pages/..

I think alot of vs threads get locked because it becomes pointless and lots of insults fly around and nothing of use is gained..
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 01:19:27 PM »

Yeah I do understand that, I just think you should wait for it to get the that point before you lock a thread.  Like I said ealrier, I think he should have removed the post in question, not the whole thing.  I didn't get the inpression that pointless unults were on the way as no-one had any insults to throw about anything.  Oh well, there you go!   I'll see how my future threads go from here on I guess....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 01:28:41 PM »

Yeah I do understand that, I just think you should wait for it to get the that point before you lock a thread.? Like I said ealrier, I think he should have removed the post in question, not the whole thing.? I didn't get the inpression that pointless unults were on the way as no-one had any insults to throw about anything.? Oh well, there you go!? ?I'll see how my future threads go from here on I guess....

Don't be so negative, it won't be like anyways in the future unlewss you ask for axl's addy.. It was just that ype of topic, you can talk about anything about gnr, just looks like personal info is a little much.. I've seen it on other forums as well, those topics can become a problem.. Not saying you're wrong but you just have to let it roll off your back..
There's not a subject here you can't debate, just be patient it was no big deal.. Even if the thread continued it would have had nothing more to say, or add..? beer
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 01:38:23 PM »

Yeah, it's cool. Just got pissed off for a while there, but it's cool! 
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2004, 09:58:57 AM »

Too much power trippin' it seems to me.? You could have just taken down the message that you felt was over the top, not cut the whole thing off just to prove a point.? Anyway, I have a feeling we're gonna go round in circles, so unless I have to make another totally fair point, I'll leave it there, but I would seriously take in what I've said, because I'm not trying to piss you off, Jarmo, I'm trying to point out that your blocking the entire thread was way over the top.

I was the one who locked your thread. I'm sorry you feel like it was power trippin'.

I saw a question that was answered and from that point it was only a thread destined to cause troubles.

Maybe "Sly" didn't have the right address but someone does and all that thread did was give them a stand to shout it out.

Therefore, and since your question was answered, there was nothing to discuss about.

What would you go on talking about anyway? If his home has a pool or if it has a good view?

Chris Misfit
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 07:54:32 PM »

You're Banned! ^
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2004, 08:45:45 AM »

You're Banned! ^
Huh
Aw gee, Chris, why ban AG?.
He?s a good fella. He hasn?t done anything naughty like posting Axl?s Chinese addy,? puzzle or the like.
Neither have I. Cheesy
(Phew, that was close! hihi )
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004, 02:29:34 PM »

You're Banned! ^
Huh
He?s a good fella. He hasn?t done anything naughty like posting Axl?s Chinese addy,? puzzle or the like.
Neither have I. Cheesy
(Phew, that was close! hihi )

This happens when you have Misfit for a moderator...

The guy can't even use the quote button...  Roll Eyes

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 02:48:33 PM »

That's almost like asking "Why breathe?"

Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: