Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:07:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Judas Priest Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Judas Priest Thread  (Read 56223 times)
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: April 21, 2004, 09:28:54 PM »

I have recently discovered the awesomeness (is that a word?) of Judas Priest.

I bought thier last album with Halford "Painkiller" and it is an all time classic album! EVERY SONG is awesome... i highly recomend it!

I also got live meldown 98 with the new *now singer of Iced Earth* singer Ripper Owens, and he kicks ass as well!

I wanted to know if any of you like them and what album you think is the best Priest album. I find it hard to belive there could be one to top Painkiller, but i have only heard a limited amount of thier music, and it ALL kicks!

they have recently reunited with Halford and are recording a new album then setting out on tour and i hope i get a chance to see them!

...what do you guys think of Priest?

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 09:15:41 AM »

Hell yeah, JUDAS PRIEST.  Painkiller is an awesome record, but I would have to say "Sad Wings of Destiny" is their best.  Rob Halford is the greatest heavy metal vocalist ever - yes, even greater than Axl - and it's just simply amazing how good he sounds after all these years.  Priest is a band that deserves a lot more respect than they've ever gotten.  Without question, they deserve to be in the Rock n'Roll Hall of Fame.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 09:29:21 AM »

I too have recently discovered Judas Priest, truly fantastic band and Painkiller is a very special album.

I am surprised they don't get a bigger press, they seem to have been over shadowed by Iron Maiden as the UK's most significant metal act. Priest are ten times what Maiden ever where

Delighted to see they are back on the road though i haven't heard anything o a new album Undecided

Quick! To the bandwagon!
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 03:47:01 PM »

Priest are ten times what Maiden ever where

ok... i like priest alot, but i LOVE Maiden....maybe when i know more priest i will change my mind, but Iron Maiden is an awesome band.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 05:38:40 PM »

Priest is an awesome band. Halford has an amazing scream that's for sure. I thought I read about a reunion with Halford and the rest of the band with Ripper Owens on the sidelines. I never have heard Ripper, although I've heard he's pretty cool too.

I don't think they get enough credit. Some of their stuff from the early 80's was kick ass!
Dizzy
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 05:41:14 PM »

I've never been a huge fan but I will be seeing them at Ozzfest this year so maybe my thoughts will change.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 05:48:59 PM »

I've never been a huge fan but I will be seeing them at Ozzfest this year so maybe my thoughts will change.

Yea, sometimes seeing a band live makes all the difference in the world. I never thought too much of Cinderella and then saw them live and I was impressed. They sounded much better, and put on a great show.
MCT
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 06:01:26 PM »

I don't think they get enough credit.

I agree............they are a tad underrated.............

But for the record <looks at Izzy Roll Eyes> they don't come close to Maiden................
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 06:34:06 PM »

Priest is an awesome band. Halford has an amazing scream that's for sure. I thought I read about a reunion with Halford and the rest of the band with Ripper Owens on the sidelines. I never have heard Ripper, although I've heard he's pretty cool too.

I don't think they get enough credit. Some of their stuff from the early 80's was kick ass!

I heard that too!  Hmmm - maybe it's true. Cheesy

Breaking the law, breaking the law... Cool

Why don't you just....
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 10:13:58 PM »

check out "Parental Guidance" one of my favorite songs of all time
Hellraiser Fraser
Headliner

what we have here ...

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 01:21:42 AM »

British Steel and Defenders of the Faith could be the best 2 JP albums. I only have British Steel on cd and its a classic. Rapid Fire, metal Gods, United, Living after midnight, you dont have to be old to be wise, this is all Priest at their peak, the remastered issue also has bonus tracks incl Grinder.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 07:23:09 AM »

But for the record <looks at Izzy Roll Eyes> they don't come close to Maiden................

Bah, Judas Priest don't sing about goblins and have daft (and not particularily good) 8 minute solo's......

Priest all the way!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 06:10:37 PM »

I have all Judas Priest albums , and let me tell ya...Yes They are the best Heavy Metal band ever. If you listen To rock Rolla you will listen to a Judas Priest compared to Deep Purple in some ways ,but you know is Judas Priest!
I love Halford voice ,attitude, and everything , the guy Rocks!  KK downing and Tipton what a guitar PLayers they are!!! they are fucking great! They are the Batman & Robin Of heavy  metal!  Grin
I think Judas Priest deserve more attention in the metal planet ,becuase they were the first ones, and they are still here! yes

Amen!

If the world would end today... Wink
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 06:23:07 PM »

I have all Judas Priest albums , and let me tell ya...Yes They are the best Heavy Metal band ever. If you listen To rock Rolla you will listen to a Judas Priest compared to Deep Purple in some ways ,but you know is Judas Priest!
I love Halford voice ,attitude, and everything , the guy Rocks!  KK downing and Tipton what a guitar PLayers they are!!! they are fucking great! They are the Batman & Robin Of heavy  metal!  Grin
I think Judas Priest deserve more attention in the metal planet ,becuase they were the first ones, and they are still here! yes
Amen!

Amen brother my fave band is Maiden but I've got to say that Judas Priest are way underated!! I've heard all halford records!! they fucking rocks!! Also in a concert of Mr. Halford he invites Mr. Dickinson imagine that duet!! is like having sex with britney spears  Grin excellent performance!!! can't remember the concert neither the song, help me out here Dead Horse.

Best 90 record so far for me: Painkiller!!!, then No prayer for the dying!  peace

No man can be my equal
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2004, 07:40:19 PM »

If you guys REALLY want to know why the evil media doesn't give any credit to Judas Priest, then read on. Most fans already know this, but this is just for those new to Priest. But it might break your love with the band forever, read at your own risk....  Cry

Judas Priest is a gay band. The lead singer is an admitted homosexual, and their drummer was recently thrown in prison for raping a retarded boy he was supposed to be teaching drum lessons. As great as their music is, they will never receive the "macho" recognition of their counterparts.

That said, even then, Iron Maiden is a better band, and has always been a better band, than Judas Priest. Priest released a lot of cheese, like their Turbo album, but Maiden has proven to be a more consistent band.

Maiden also has megahits like Aces High, the Trooper, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Fear of the Dark, and 2 Minutes to Midnight. Except for Painkiller and maybe You've Got Another Thing Coming, Judas Priest does not have the stand out songs that Maiden has.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 11:18:05 PM »

Halford is an open homosexual. I never heard anything about the drummer. Got a link?

Just because the lead singer is gay doesn't mean the entire group is gay.

And! Even if they were all gay, it wouldn't make a difference to me. They still kick ass!!!!

If the guy did really rape a retarded boy then that's fucked up and obviously I don't condone that in anyway. But I never heard anthing about that.

Edit: I just searched it and the guy got 8 years in the slammer for trying to rape the 17 year old boy.  Lewd conduct too, or something along those lines. Yikes. Shocked
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 11:45:09 PM by SLCLVPUNK » Logged
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2004, 12:53:06 AM »

Amen!

Amen brother my fave band is Maiden but I've got to say that Judas Priest are way underated!! I've heard all halford records!! they fucking rocks!! Also in a concert of Mr. Halford he invites Mr. Dickinson imagine that duet!! is like having sex with britney spears  Grin excellent performance!!! can't remember the concert neither the song, help me out here Dead Horse.

Best 90 record so far for me: Painkiller!!!, then No prayer for the dying!  peace

The song is "The One you Love to Hate " Writen By Halford and Dickinson  love You can find it in Live  Insurrection live double album . Its one of the best live albums i have ever listened to  yes

DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2004, 01:02:58 AM »

By the way when i first listened to "UNITEd" a song off the British Steel Album 1980, It reminds me Of Queen , i think this song is the We will rock you of Judas Priest , Im not trying to compare both bands , its just that it reminds me a happy together singing song ok

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2004, 04:45:12 PM »

Halford is an open homosexual. I never heard anything about the drummer. Got a link?
Just because the lead singer is gay doesn't mean the entire group is gay.
And! Even if they were all gay, it wouldn't make a difference to me. They still kick ass!!!!
If the guy did really rape a retarded boy then that's fucked up and obviously I don't condone that in anyway. But I never heard anthing about that.

Agree on that Freddie Mercury was gay too, right?, that doesn't mean that all queen members are gay and They still kick ASS and they are the best Band EVER!!!  peace

Posted by: DEAD HORSE  Posted on: Today at 07:02:58am  
By the way when i first listened to "UNITEd" a song off the British Steel Album 1980, It reminds me Of Queen , i think this song is the We will rock you of Judas Priest , Im not trying to compare both bands , its just that it reminds me a happy together singing song  

Well actually I was going to compare that record with AFD, dunno why it reminds me to that record, also Jazz album by Queen reminds me AFD, any influences??? mmmmm  nervous

No man can be my equal
MCT
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2004, 08:06:07 PM »

Bah, Judas Priest don't sing about goblins and have daft (and not particularily good) 8 minute solo's......

You know, the whole 'D&D' bit (and you obviously not liking it) is perfectly understandable...........

Many people just don't go for that 'over the top' presentation..............

...............nor can they get their own heads outta their own ARSES (happy with that ya Brit?)..............

MOVING ON rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

Don't try and tell me that the likes of "Metal Meltdown" (real Priest fan?Huh?) with it's unimpressive axe work (even for the time frame) comes close to the likes of "Hallowed Be Thy Name"..............with it's quintessentially classic main riff, and absolutely gorgeous solo.........

Don't try and tell me that Judas Priest (The AC/DC of their genre and consequently a perfect BORE at times) is even comparable to the likes of Maiden...............

"Living After Midnight" vs "2 Minutes to Midnight".........

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Give me a fucking break..........

btw...........I love Priest ok

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: