Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Judas Priest Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Judas Priest Thread  (Read 56550 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2004, 04:38:27 AM »

I would call comercial, an album like dance of death  Cry

I would call it dissappointing

Any word on a new Priest album?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2004, 05:26:29 PM »

Whats the schedule for Priest on Ozzfest?

No man can be my equal
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2004, 06:24:03 PM »

So was Freddie Mercury, but he was, is and will be the best singer ever, so who cares what Axl thinks about Halford Sexuality?  Undecided

No man can be my equal
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2004, 11:26:48 PM »

So was Freddie Mercury, but he was, is and will be the best singer ever, so who cares what Axl thinks about Halford Sexuality?  Undecided

Halford quite litterally RAPES Freddy Mercury   hihi  

I honestly think halford's voice is much stronger than Freddies was. Halford is the metal god, he sings in like 20 different voices and they are all amazing.  There is a reason why 50% of todays metal singers try to copy his style... ITS THE BEST.

on a side note i think freddie was a great singer too, but just prefer Halford, and  also i still like axl the best as he has the most unique voice in rock and the way it fits his lyrics is just amazing.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2004, 04:55:32 AM »

I wonder what Axl thinks about peole sayin' thta Halford is a better singer than him, he would be like: "Yeah, your right, that man sings better...... WAIT A FUCKIN' MINUTE!!! HE'S GAY!!!!!!! Grin Grin

I don't think Axl is a homophobe-lol.

There was an interview with him in the early 90's on MTV. He ran into George Michael somehow and the two of them hung out all night (The interview actually had both of them talking about the night, but seperate interviews). Both were impressed with each others work, and he obviously didn't have a problem hanging out with that guy.

Back on topic...Axl's voice is apples to oranges compared to Halfords, so I can't compare them

Halfords voice on the Voyeurs CD was much different than anything I had ever heard him sing on. It sounded cool, but it was very very very held back. Not the scream I love so much in JP.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 04:56:37 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2004, 05:09:54 AM »

There was an interview with him in the early 90's on MTV. He ran into George Michael somehow and the two of them hung out all night (

OH MY GOD nervous hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2004, 05:37:19 AM »

There was an interview with him in the early 90's on MTV. He ran into George Michael somehow and the two of them hung out all night (

OH MY GOD nervous hihi

haha. It's true..I saw it with my own eyes  Shocked

My roomate and I both thought it was pretty funny at the time.
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2004, 02:09:28 AM »

I honestly think halford's voice is much stronger than Freddies was. Halford is the metal god, he sings in like 20 different voices and they are all amazing.  There is a reason why 50% of todays metal singers try to copy his style... ITS THE BEST.

on a side note i think freddie was a great singer too, but just prefer Halford, and  also i still like axl the best as he has the most unique voice in rock and the way it fits his lyrics is just amazing.

I agree with you when you say that almost 50% of metal bands try to copy his voice , but i wouldnt say 50% i would say 99.999999% try to copy his voice , in some ways its cool in some ways it sucks, for instance Bruce Dickinson sounds like Halford, Ian Gillan And Ozzy but in a cool way , but i know others who steal his style and that sucks and become what they are....A bunch  Pitiful losers hihi

If the world would end today... Wink
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2004, 06:38:35 PM »

I agree with you when you say that almost 50% of metal bands try to copy his voice , but i wouldnt say 50% i would say 99.999999% try to copy his voice , in some ways its cool in some ways it sucks, for instance Bruce Dickinson sounds like Halford, Ian Gillan And Ozzy but in a cool way , but i know others who steal his style and that sucks and become what they are....A bunch  Pitiful losers hihi

Yes That's Right they Have improve themselves in a good way, but others like kiske or Labrie doesn't fit in a good stuff, actually I like Andi Deris better than Kiske but that's other history.

Well yeah Halford Is a Metal God, maybe the model that every singer wants to follow, but freddie also had great stuff it's not good to compare them anyway, they sing in very different styles, one thing is rock and some opera style and other is a very heavy metal style with a lot of screaming, both can fit their lyrics with their voices.

No man can be my equal
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2004, 02:16:23 PM »

looks like the new album is comeing out 12/28/2004 .
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=24961

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2004, 04:43:26 PM »

There is only one way to react to that news

beer beer beer

It will be great to hear them again.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2004, 01:49:07 AM »

score! i just picked up my tickets for Ozzfest on wednesday, and im looking forward to seeing priest!

it will be cool to see black sabbath too, but i kind of with ozzy was headlining because i personally prefer his solo music, but either way its going to kick ass!

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2004, 01:58:45 AM »

Judas Priest is a gay band. The lead singer is an admitted homosexual, and their drummer was recently thrown in prison for raping a retarded boy he was supposed to be teaching drum lessons. As great as their music is, they will never receive the "macho" recognition of their counterparts.

Maiden also has megahits like Aces High, the Trooper, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Fear of the Dark, and 2 Minutes to Midnight. Except for Painkiller and maybe You've Got Another Thing Coming, Judas Priest does not have the stand out songs that Maiden has.
First off what is wrong with Halford being Gay? I got 5 of their albums and the dvd and I love Halford he gives you a hell of a show! Its not like they played songs like Boy George they played HARD ROCK.

Secondly they had more then 4 drummers. Judas Preist was about 4 guys HALFORD, TIPTON, KK, and Ian Hill (great bass player) The drummer was a revoling thing so he wasnt one of the BIG 4 members, and that is besides the point.

What about Breaking the Law, Living after midnight, Heading out to the highway (Fucking great song am I right?) and more. If Halford wasnt gay I bet you would give this band the credit they deserve.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2004, 01:38:22 AM »

Hey I don't care if the guy is gay or not. He kicks ass when he sings. I don't care who he shags. It ain't got nothing to do with the music. Queen kicked major ass and still does. FM's stage persona was equal to his voice IMHO. There are plenty of rappers and other artists who are gay, just not out of the closet about it. Same with sports guys. Who cares. You have to consider the source (ie WALK) who never has anything intelligent to say anyway. Just posts to stir people up, don't get suckered into his childish ways.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2004, 02:37:59 AM »

Lol - disliking a group because a members gay, thats just mad. If Axl came out of the closet would people turn round and say the music was shite?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2004, 03:49:51 AM »

If Axl came out of the closet would people turn round and say the music was shite?

Yeah, I'd go all "Immigrants and faggots, don't sing your songs at me!!"

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2004, 01:25:14 PM »

Hey I don't care if the guy is gay or not. He kicks ass when he sings. I don't care who he shags. It ain't got nothing to do with the music. Queen kicked major ass and still does. FM's stage persona was equal to his voice IMHO.
Hell yeah I think Freddie beay gay made him FLamboyant and he would mesmorise you on stage. Freddie M, Rob Halford, Roger Dalty, and Axl rose are my 4 fav Frontmen. I don't care if they are gay or not, They rock the shit out of a stadium. If Axl turned Gay I wouldnt care as long as he gives us new music.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2004, 12:35:05 PM »

Hey I don't care if the guy is gay or not. He kicks ass when he sings. I don't care who he shags. It ain't got nothing to do with the music. Queen kicked major ass and still does. FM's stage persona was equal to his voice IMHO.
If Axl turned Gay I wouldnt care as long as he gives us new music.

Now that! Is some funny shit!

That's what I tell D..."I don't care if you shag sheep dude, just keep up the good work on that album!"
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2004, 05:28:28 PM »

If Axl turned out to be gay, that would be the saddest day of my life.

P.S Not that there's anything wrong with that. rofl

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2004, 10:22:40 PM »

Anyone hear any rumors on if Judas Priest will do a arena fall or sp[ring headlinging tour?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: