Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The death of Dimebag Darrell
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The death of Dimebag Darrell  (Read 74492 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2004, 01:12:38 AM »

for fuck sake dont turn this into a US blah blah blah thread

this is serious fuckin business, if u all wanna discuss america's gun control how bout a topic in the jungle, i really dont think this is the thread to be honest.

we should show respect to dimebag and vinnie and discuss what happened not turn this into how bad the US is etc etc etc.

this is unbelievable

u know a few weeks ago R.Kelly was kicked off his tour with Jay Z cause he said a guy flashed a gun at him in the crowd.

they said he was bein foolish and kicked him off, maybe he wasnt bein so foolish

wonder what will happen to prevent this in the future?

why dont they have metal detectors at the doors?

someone could literally shoot from the crowd and no one would ever know who did it

i bet this will really step up security measures.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2004, 01:13:01 AM »

I was at a gig two weeks ago with 2000 odd people there, I was searched. Not for guns, but for alcohol, or bottles that could be thrown. In a society that legally allowes guns, surley this should be taken into consideration?

Last thing I am saying about this.... It was a damn Bar or pub. ?It wasn't a big show or anything. There was probably a bouncer at the door. I know if ?I wanted to run into a bar I could get buy a bouncer or two... They do search people that go to concerts, this guy just ran right in....Didnt take long to do what he did.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2004, 01:30:15 AM »

Right ok. Don't understand your argument. But D is right anyway, not the right thread.

For the record, I really hope your cousin is ok.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2004, 01:41:12 AM »

Right ok. Don't understand your argument. But D is right anyway, not the right thread.

For the record, I really hope your cousin is ok.

Thanks.. I was just looking at pictures from the club's site and it is pretty damn small . Like you are right there next to the stage. It must have been such a horrific site.... Who the fuck could do this?? I am not trying to be funny here but it was probably some sick dimeneted fuck that was pissed that Pantera broke up. I mean he was obviously sick anyway, his reason must have been distorted..

here are some pics of the club,

http://www.alrosavilla.com/HallofFlame2.html

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2004, 01:46:48 AM »

I saw that on my Associated Press wire:

AP-NIGHTCLUB SHOOTING, 4TH LD-WRITETHRU
At least five dead, two wounded in Ohio nightclub shooting; witness says members of heavy metal band targeted
Eds: SUBS 2nd graf to CORRECT spelling of name 'Darrell,' ADD name of second band member. ADDS one graf at end with additional members' names; no pickup.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man walked onstage in a crowded nightclub during a rock concert Wednesday night and opened fire, killing at least four people and wounding at least two others before he was shot to death by police, authorities said.

Members of the heavy metal band Damageplan had just begun their first song at the Alrosa Villa when the man opened fire on the band, initially shooting the guitarist, who went by the name "Dimebag Darrell," a witness said. According to the band's Web site, the guitarist and another member, drummer Vinnie Paul, are formerly of the heavy metal band Pantera.

The witness, 22-year-old Chris Couch, said he was standing about 30 feet away from the stage when he noticed a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walk up to the stage, followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

The man in the jersey climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range, Couch said. Couch said the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

Columbus police spokesman Sgt. Brent Mull said a police officer shot and killed the gunman. It wasn't immediately clear whether the officer was already at the show or had responded to an emergency call. Authorities didn't immediately provide the identities of the victims.

After the shooting began, Couch and a friend headed for the exit along with a tide of hundreds of fans.

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," Couch said.

Amanda Stankus, 19, who attended the show with Couch, said she initially thought the shooting was part of the show. "I just saw the guitarist fall down, and we decided to get out of there," she said.

Other members of Damageplan include vocalist Patrick Lachman and bass player Bob Zilla, according to the band's Web site.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2004, 01:49:17 AM »

Sounds weird to me, unless the security sucked ass. When I went to see VR in Southaven, they didn't let a guy who was clearly drunk in. No way you could get in with a fuckin gun. What's up with that shit?

RIP.

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2004, 01:52:20 AM »

That is ridiculous.  And fucked up.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
journey
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2004, 01:54:48 AM »

Gunman kills 2 at Ohio nightclub
Police shoot suspect to death, witness says
Thursday, December 9, 2004 Posted: 1:27 AM EST (0627 GMT)

YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS
   Ohio 

or Create your own 

Manage alerts | What is this? 

(CNN) -- A gunman opened fire Wednesday night during a heavy metal concert in Columbus, Ohio, killing at least two people -- including one member of the band -- and wounding at least three others, according to a Columbus Fire Department spokeswoman.

The gunman was shot and killed by police, according to an eyewitness account.

The fire department responded to the shooting around 10:20 p.m. ET at the Alrosa Villa nightclub on the city's north end.

Witnesses told CNN affiliate WSYX the shooting during a performance by Damageplan, a heavy metal group with two former members of Pantera.

Calvin Bota said he saw the shooting from the mosh pit right in front of the stage, shortly after the band began playing.

"Somebody came -- I don't know where they came from, out of the audience or whatnot -- but they come onto (the) stage and ... he shot the guitarist at first, fired a couple of other shots, and then he hid behind the stage a little bit," Bota told WSYX.

"Everybody started scattering, you know, there's mayhem everywhere. And then a police officer came into the building, you know, came in professional with his gun raised, and then he proceeded to shoot the guy."

Dimebag Darrell, 38, plays guitar for Damageplan and Pantera -- a group he formed with his brother Vinnie Paul in the 1980s. Darrell's father is Jerry Abbott, a country and western songwriter and producer.

Gerald Caudill told WSYX he saw the gunman shoot the guitarist several times.

"I was up close to the stage and I just saw some guy run up on the side of the stage and I heard some shots and I saw (drummer) Vinnie Paul and somebody jumped on top of Vinnie and the guy just stayed around the stage and started shooting other people," Caudill said.

"I saw wounded people all over the place, out in the parking lot, inside," he said. "It just didn't sound like gunshots or anything, it didn't occur to me that something like that was happening."

SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2004, 02:01:22 AM »

Totally fucked up.

At Least 5 Dead, 2 Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
Witnesses: Alleged Gunman Went Onto Stage, Fired Shots

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. Witnesses said that a bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed. It was unclear as to whom shot the alleged gunman.

NBC 4 reported that of the surviving victims, one was in critical condition while the other was in fair condition. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, NBC 4 reported.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

Watch NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004, 02:03:23 AM »

Sounds weird to me, unless the security sucked ass. When I went to see VR in Southaven, they didn't let a guy who was clearly drunk in. No way you could get in with a fuckin gun. What's up with that shit?

RIP.

This was a small rock club which was basically a big bar. ?Anyone can get into a place like this if they wanted to. He didn't sneak the gun in and hang out for awhile. He barged in and ran up to the stage and started shooting before anyone knew what was going on....
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 04:42:51 AM by tomass74 » Logged

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2004, 02:56:05 AM »

An awful event.

I'm just hoping this dude didn't have A Catcher in the Rye on him. A thinly veiled copy cat murder on Dec 8th would be wretched.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2004, 03:06:24 AM »

I just can't believe it...  Cry  OMG, there are too many crazy people on the world....

crying

RIP guys, you were great.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2004, 03:32:02 AM »

OMG! I can't believe it...This is fucking insane...

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2004, 03:52:50 AM »

I can't belive that could happen, it's just insane

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2004, 04:46:41 AM »

Looks like he went in the back door of the bar.... This is so fucking unreal.... I am not sure if anyone said this already but it was on the anniversary of the day Lennon was shot.... My poor cousin is traumatized..

anythinggoes
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2004, 05:25:40 AM »

Don't really know the people who were killed and never a fan of Pantera but that is fucked up whoever it is no one deserves that and why shoot audience members what were they guilty of the world is becoming a dark and fucked up place. Hope that never happens at a GNR concert
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2004, 06:11:47 AM »

Breaking news in the music world as legendary guitarist Dimebag Darrell was shot and killed while performing with his new band in Columbus OH

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1494653/12092004/damageplan.jhtml?headlines=true

Mods please delete this I posted in the wrong section
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 06:45:41 AM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2004, 06:21:27 AM »

I wonder if we'll ever find the reason behind all this, since the killer was shot as well.

RIP Dime.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 06:23:24 AM by Skeletor » Logged

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2004, 06:48:10 AM »

RIP.

Tomass, glad your relatives are ok. Must've been a horrible scene.

To go to a concert you've been looking forward to and it ends like this.  no

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jesse James
Rocker

tss tss tss tss gnnnnnn!!!

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2004, 07:12:29 AM »

R.I.P. Cry Cry Cry Cry

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: