Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzfest 2005-Ozzfest Ends, More Details On DVD Released
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzfest 2005-Ozzfest Ends, More Details On DVD Released  (Read 51219 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: February 12, 2005, 10:14:52 AM »

OZZFEST 2005

Main Stage
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Mudvayne
Shadows Fall
Black Label Society
In Flames
Velvet Revolver

Second Stage
Rob Zombie
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
Mastodon
A Dozen Furies
The Haunted
Arch Enemy
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
Bury Your Dead
It Dies Today
SoilWork
Trivium
Gizmachi
Wicked Wisdom

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 03:27:24 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 01:08:04 PM »

Alice Cooper and Cheap Trick...well, that's.....interesting....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 03:55:11 PM »

Webmaster Joe Siegler of the BLACK SABBATH fan site Black Sabbath Online has posted the following message at his web site:

"Overnight I got an email from Adam Wakeman who handled keyboard duties (what that they were) on the Ozzfest 2004 gigs. Adam told me that he will be handling keyboards again for BLACK SABBATH during their 2005 live dates.

"I was curious about this, as keyboards have mostly been hidden ? the keyboardist in BLACK SABBATH has only once (the 1986 Seventh Star Tour) been onstage. Adam told me that other than his keyboard fills, he played rhythm guitar with Tony on 'Paranoid'. For many years (1979 or so through the last live gig in 2001), Geoff Nicholls handled keyboards for BLACK SABBATH with varying degrees of involvment. Geoff also played rhythm guitar, and even handled background vocals for several singers in the band's history (including Ozzy).

"So it appears that Geoff Nicholls isn't coming back ? I wonder what happened there after so many years?"

BLACK SABBATH's European itinerary:

Jun. 09 ? Dortmund, GER @ Westfalenhalle 1
Jun. 11 - Derbyshire, UK @ Donington Park (Download)
Jun. 14 ? Leipzig, GER @ Arena Leipzig
Jun. 16 ? M?nchen, GER @ Olympiahalle
Jun. 18 - Nijmegen, NETH @ Fields of Rock Festival
Jun. 20 - Vienna, AUT @ Wiener Stadthalle
Jun. 23 ? Sofia, BUL @ Arena Music Festival
Jun. 25 ? Athens, GRE @ Rockwave Festival
Jul. 01 - Roskilde, DEN @ Roskilde Festival
Jul. 03 - Stockholm, SWE @ Globen
Jul. 07 ? Oslo, NOR @ Oslo Spektrum
Jul. 09 ? Bergen, NOR @ Koengen
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 04:38:06 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 04:56:35 PM »

Ozzfest 2005 will hit the US with Black Sabbath & Iron Maiden headlining. Along with that will be a "classic" version (read not the current version) of Anthrax.

While it's really cool we have Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden on Ozzfest, I'm a little disturbed by the report that Anthrax has "secured a spot" by putting together an old version of the band. I have been reading rumours about that for some time now, and the one I've read the most is that Sharon Osbourne (Ozzfest tour promoter) said that Anthrax could play, but only if it was a version of the band that was responsible for their best selling albums (meaning not the current John Bush fronted version). What bothers me most about that is the precedent set where a tour promoter can say "Well, you can play, but I only want the band if this guy, this guy, and this guy are in there. The other ones can go sod off".

However, let me also add that these Anthrax/Sharon things are just rumour and speculation. I have no proof that is really the way it comes down, but even if it is just a rumour, I don't like the possibility of a tour promoter dictating band lineups. This is all also unconfirmed by Black Sabbath management, so I'm hoping to see some sort of official press release on all this soon.

Still no word on the rumour that Tony Iommi & Glenn Hughes might also have a slot on this coming Ozzfest, which for me would be a huge attraction.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 08:12:40 AM »

Century Media recording artists SHADOWS FALL and THE HAUNTED have secured slots at this year's Ozzfest, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. SHADOWS FALL are expected to appear on the main stage while THE HAUNTED are said to be in the mix for the smaller second stage, which will apparently feature more non-rotating slots this summer compared to the last couple of years. Other acts believed to have been selected for the 10-year-anniversary edition of Ozzfest are BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, ROB ZOMBIE, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE and MUDVAYNE. IRON MAIDEN are strongly rumored to have nabbed the co-headlining slot alongside BLACK SABBATH, who will make a series of European live appearances in June/July prior to the Ozzfest U.S. kick-off. Also expected to perform on the main stage is the "Among the Living" lineup of ANTHRAX, who have yet to officially confirm their "reunion" plans despite having already been announced for four European festival appearances this spring/summer (Holland's Dynamo Open Air on May 7, Sweden's Sweden Rock on June 9-11, Italy's Gods of Metal on June 11-12 and France's Fury Fest on June 24-26).

Last year's Ozzfest was one of the heaviest in the tour's history, featuring SABBATH, a reunited JUDAS PRIEST, SLAYER, SLIPKNOT, LAMB OF GOD, HATEBREED, DIMMU BORGIR and others.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 08:13:20 AM »

Boston metalcore outfit BURY YOUR DEAD reportedly announced during their show in Rock Island, Illinois Friday night (Feb. 25) that they have secured a slot at this year's Ozzfest. The band, who are currently on the road with PREMONITIONS OF WAR, WALLS OF JERICHO and FULL BLOWN CHAOS, released their sophomore album, "Cover Your Tracks", last year via Victory Records.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 06:43:11 PM »

An Ozzfest representative has told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the lineup and schedule for this year's travelling festival will be announced at a press conference "mid-March."

Although there has been no official confirmation on the matter, the 10th edition of Ozzfest is expected to be headlined by BLACK SABBATH and IRON MAIDEN. Also believed to be in the running for the festival's main stage are BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and the classic "Among the Living" lineup of ANTHRAX. Other rumored main-stage acts are MEGADETH and DISTURBED.

Over on the second stage, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, SHADOWS FALL, THE HAUNTED, MASTODON and BURY YOUR DEAD are believed to be a "done deal," while unconfirmed reports have also mentioned ROB ZOMBIE, MUDVAYNE, TAPROOT and STATIC-X as strong second-stage candidates. Some reports have even indicated that there might be a third stage this year, presumably so that more non-rotating slots could be accomodated while still allowing this year's shows to start later than the previous 9:00 a.m. kick-off time.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 04:41:56 PM »

ROB ZOMBIE, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE and AS I LAY DYING have secured three non-rotating slots on the second stage of this year's Ozzfest, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Other acts believed to have been confirmed for the second stage include THE HAUNTED, MASTODON and BURY YOUR DEAD.

Although there has been no official confirmation on the matter, the 10th edition of Ozzfest is expected to be headlined by BLACK SABBATH and IRON MAIDEN. Also believed to be in the running for the festival's main stage are BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and the classic "Among the Living" lineup of ANTHRAX. Other rumored main-stage acts are MEGADETH, DISTURBED and SHA

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 04:54:21 PM »

BLACK SABBATH's concert at the 12,000-capacity Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland on Tuesday, July 5 reportedly sold out in less than 10 minutes after tickets went on sale Monday morning (March 7).

BLACK SABBATH European shows:

Jun. 09 ? Dortmund, GER @ Westfalenhalle 1
Jun. 11 - Derbyshire, UK @ Donington Park (Download)
Jun. 14 ? Leipzig, GER @ Arena Leipzig
Jun. 16 ? M?nchen, GER @ Olympiahalle
Jun. 18 - Nijmegen, NETH @ Fields of Rock Festival
Jun. 20 - Vienna, AUT @ Wiener Stadthalle
Jun. 23 ? Sofia, BUL @ Arena Music Festival
Jun. 25 ? Athens, GRE @ Rockwave Festival
Jul. 01 - Roskilde, DEN @ Roskilde Festival
Jul. 03 - Stockholm, SWE @ Globen
Jul. 05 ? Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Arena
Jul. 07 ? Oslo, NOR @ Oslo Spektrum
Jul. 09 ? Bergen, NOR @ Koengen

Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 06:25:22 AM »

BLACK SABBATH's concert at the 12,000-capacity Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland on Tuesday, July 5 reportedly sold out in less than 10 minutes after tickets went on sale Monday morning (March 7).

..and i didn?t got mine.  Angry

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
RichardNixon
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 06:32:51 AM »

Another Sabbath album would be great as Ozzy hasn't made a good album since "No More Tears" (1991).
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 07:53:22 AM »

Has there been any sort of announcment about the ozzfest world tour like when N' where?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 07:10:47 PM »

There are rumours that it will travel outside of the U.S. but nothing will be comfirmed till mid-march

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 04:40:44 PM »

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has shot down rumors that the band might have secured a slot on the main stage at this year's Ozzfest alongside BLACK SABBATH, IRON MAIDEN and the "Among the Living" lineup of ANTHRAX.

The band, who completed a U.S. headlining tour last December, are expected to top a package of several "name" acts this summer. More information will be made available soon.

In other news, Mustaine has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the group's official web site:

"Yesterday I had the privilege of talking to my awesome international agent Mr. Mike Dewdney about the upcoming European tour this summer, as well as the Japanese and Oz tour.

"I expressed to him my desire to play Poland, Russia, Greece, Turkey, France, Portugal, Israel, and the Czech Republic before we end and he confided in me that there is an offer for France, Greece, Turkey, Israel, the Czech Repulic, Iceland, and possibly another Spanish show, and that he was working on Portugal, Russia, and Poland. So keep your fingers crossed!

"Also, I asked him if we could do Perth in Oz and he said he would look into it, but any of us who are Australian, or have visited that beautiful country knows it is a world away from the East Coast of Oz. We will do our best, but right now just please be content with knowing that I am trying. We are considering going to Indonesia, and New Zealand too, because it is home to many kewl Droogs and one of my favorite singwriters (you'll prolly hate him) Neil Finn.

"So the summer is firming up fine. I will check into the all-ages things at the shows, but sometimes that is beyond my control; it is either in a place like that or nowhere. And if ya can't get into the show, hang out by the backstage area. We'd love to visit with ya, which in some cases is better."

In a subsequent posting, Mustaine wrote:

"I talked with Kevin, my manager, and found out what was up with the shows that were not 'all ages.'

"I said that if it was the building, let's find another building; if it is because they want to sell alcohol, then let's not sell alcohol; if it can't be helped, then there is nothing more to say. He told me that they are working desperately on this, but that unfortunately it is a law in Brisbane and Melbourne that there are to be no concerts for persons under the age of 18.

"He is trying to get a copy of the law for me to post here for you, so you can take this into your own hands and get the law repealed. Remember, I got a bill passed into law here in the US, so you can do it too if you want to and you get serious.

"Other than that, there is nothing more we can do, but wait and see. Until we know, please be patient and accept my apology for the law keeping us from playing in a place where you can see us. You know I would love to come and perform for you if I could."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 03:40:47 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne will be the featured guest on NBC's "Last Call with Carson Daly" on March 30.

As previously reported, Ozzy will be stopping by Tower Records Village in New York City on Tuesday, March 22, the day of the release of his "Prince of Darkness" box set. Tower Village is located at 692 Broadway, New York, NY 10012. Phone: (212) 505-1500. This will be a meet-and-greet with the fans. Ozzy will not be signing any items, but you will be able to get a picture with the "madman."

NOTE: Contrary to Internet reports, Ozzy will NOT be appearing in Times Square on March 22 (Tower does not have a Times Square location).

Ozzy Osbourne has lined up the following appearances to promote the "Prince of Darkness" box set:

March 21 ? "The Howard Stern Show" (radio)
March 21 - CNN's "Showbiz Today"
March 21 - "Rockline" (radio show)
March 22 - "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"
March 22 ? Tower Records In-Store (New York City)
March 23 ? "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart"
March 30 - NBC's "Last Call with Carson Daly"

The "Prince of Darkness" four-CD box set is scheduled for release on March 22. The first two discs in the set will encompass re-mastered versions of Ozzy's most popular solo smash hits. The third disc (which is entitled "Oddities and Duets") is comprised of some of Ozzy's most unusual collaborations. And the special fourth disc (called "Under Covers") is comprised of newly recorded covers as only Ozzy can deliver.

The "Prince of Darkness" box set will be packaged in a weathered, collectable gothic book with new images of Ozzy taken by famed British photographer/artist Sam Taylor Wood. It will be come with a 60-page booklet that contains a complete career overview and rare Ozzy photos.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 03:42:51 PM »

As first reported here yesterday, MTV News has now confirmed that the Ozzfest 2005 press conference will NOT be held on Tuesday (March 15), contrary to a previous MTV announcement. A new statement on MTV.com reads as follows: "Scheduling conflicts have forced the cancellation of an Ozzfest 2005 press conference tentatively planned for Tuesday, according to a publicist for the perennial summer metal festival. Official details on the tour's dates and lineup could emerge as early as next week."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2005, 05:49:51 PM »

The following *unconfirmed* Ozzfest 2005 tour dates have been leaked:

Jul. 31 - Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
Aug. 02 - Columbus, OH @ Germain Ampitheatre
Aug. 04 - Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center
Aug. 06 - East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
Aug. 18 - Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion

As previously reported, an official Ozzfest 2005 press conference to announce the tour's dates and lineup is expected to be held in the next couple of weeks. The following bands are believed to have secured slots at this year's festival:

BLACK SABBATH
IRON MAIDEN
ANTHRAX ("Among the Living" lineup)
SHADOWS FALL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ROB ZOMBIE
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
AS I LAY DYING
THE HAUNTED
MASTODON
TRIVIUM
BURY YOUR DEAD
A DOZEN FURIES ("Battle for Ozzfest" winners)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 07:43:37 PM »

According to Philadelphia's 94 WYSP radio station, Ozzfest 2005 will be making a stop at the Tweeter Center in Camden, New Jersey on July 19. In addition, the station is reporting that the following bands will take part in the festival: IN FLAMES, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, SHADOWS FALL, ROB ZOMBIE, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, IRON MAIDEN and BLACK SABBATH. Confirmed and rumored Ozzfest dates so far include:

Jul. 19 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center
Jul. 31 - Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
Aug. 02 - Columbus, OH @ Germain Ampitheatre
Aug. 04 - Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center
Aug. 06 - East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
Aug. 18 - Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion

As previously reported, an official Ozzfest 2005 press conference to announce the tour's dates and lineup is expected to be held in the next couple of weeks. The following bands are believed to have secured slots at this year's festival:

BLACK SABBATH
IRON MAIDEN
ANTHRAX ("Among the Living" lineup)
SHADOWS FALL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ROB ZOMBIE
IN FLAMES
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
AS I LAY DYING
THE HAUNTED
MASTODON
TRIVIUM
BURY YOUR DEAD
A DOZEN FURIES ("Battle for Ozzfest" winners)

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 07:48:29 PM »

Word has it that Ozzy Osbourne, Zakk Wylde and Rob Zombie took part in a photo shoot Monday (March 14) for an upcoming issue of Revolver magazine focusing on this year's Ozzfest festival.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 07:53:10 PM »

It's big. It's bad. And it's back for more. Got a problem with that?

Ozzfest ? the king of festivals ? triumphantly returns this summer to celebrate its hard-earned 10th anniversary with the staggering line-up of BLACK SABBATH, IRON MAIDEN, ROB ZOMBIE, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, SHADOWS FALL and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. The summer's premier concert festival ? which has propelled many of today?s rock bands to superstardom while paying close attention to its discerning fans ? will roll out July 15 in Boston and visit 26 cities by the time it reaches West Palm Beach on September 4. The Hot Topic Second Stage will be headlined by ZOMBIE and feature a preview of rock's rising stars, including AS I LAY DYING, MASTODON, THE HAUNTED, IN FLAMES, ARCH ENEMY, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, BURY YOUR DEAD, SOILWORK, TRIVIUM, IT DIES TODAY, A DOZEN FURIES and more.

"I'm most proud of the success of Ozzfest," says founder Sharon Osbourne. "Everyone said it would never happen and 10 years later we are still in business." In fact, 125 bands, 238 shows and over 4 million fans later, the all-day extravaganza of music and deranged merriment is roaring louder than ever. History in the making, 2005 marks the first time metal legends BLACK SABBATH and IRON MAIDEN have toured together and also represents IRON MAIDEN's first Ozzfest appearance.

IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson said, "This summer's MAIDEN touring is based on the recent 'Early Days' DVD and all the songs we do at Ozzfest will be from our first four albums ? 'Iron Maiden', 'Killers', 'Number of the Beast' and 'Piece of Mind'. We will be bringing over our full European show, naturally including as special guest Eddie in various appropriate guises!! The stage sets, production and backdrops will recreate aspects of the shows on the tours around those albums ? only bigger? much bigger!!! We don?t know if anyone has done anything like this before but we think it?s something the fans will really appreciate both in the choice of songs and in the production values."

Also debuting on the tour will be Texas-based band A DOZEN FURIES who landed their coveted Hot Topic Second Stage slot after winning Ozzy and Sharon's MTV "Battle For Ozzfest" reality series competition. Debuting last fall and lasting right up until the February launch of the fourth and final season of the Emmy-award winning "The Osbournes", "Battle For Ozzfest" is the ultimate battle of the bands, with contestants having survived 2004's grueling Ozzfest challenges.

This year, a limited number of fans who purchase OZZY OSBOURNE's first-ever 51-song, four-CD retrospective box set "Prince Of Darkness" (out March 22 of Epic Records) will be able to obtain one free Ozzfest ticket. The initial pressing of the box set will feature a precedent-setting promotion allowing fans to buy one Ozzfest general admission ticket and get one free.

Ozzfest, originally launched in 1996 as a limited two-city trek, has become a virtual breeding ground for up-and-coming bands. The renowned second stage has been instrumental in catapulting the careers of SYSTEM OF A DOWN, LINKIN PARK, LIMP BIZKIT, INCUBUS, SLIPKNOT, DISTURBED, GODSMACK and CHEVELLE. "Playing Ozzfest ? twice ? will always be among the highlights of our career," notes drummer Samuel Loeffler of CHEVELLE, who most recently appeared in the festival?s 2003 line-up. "Personally speaking, I was honored and somewhat nervous about sharing the stage with Ozzy, but finally felt comfortable after both he and Sharon patted me on the ass."

The heavy metal juggernaut has earned a hallowed position in the busiest tour season with a relentless commitment to its core fans and the consistency of quality they demand as their birthright. Just as the festival is committed to presenting the best music, it also provides an interactive, multi-sensory experience for concert-goers with a wide-range of attractions. The traveling show?s notorious "Village Of The Damned" ? alive with tattoo artists, piercing booths, state-of-the-art video games, a wide range of vendors and much more ? promises to be wickedly tempting.

JUDAS PRIEST ? one of the biggest attractions on last year's tour ? declared: "We were thrilled to be part of such a unique moment in heavy metal history that will be remembered forever!" Jonathan Davis ? lead singer for KORN, who pounded the main stage in 2003 ? added, 'Ozzy and Ozzfest are some of the cornerstones of metal. I loved playing in front of the Ozzfest crowd, the fans at those shows were f$*#ing amazing."

In addition to drawing vital hard rock acts, Ozzfest has always attracted a variety of select sponsors devoted to the tour's core fan base. Hot Topic ? returning to host the second stage ? will be the festival?s official soft line teen retailer. Throughout the day, Tama drums and Ibanez guitars will proudly showcase their arsenal in the Village. F.Y.E. (For Your Entertainment) is on board for the fifth consecutive year as the official music retailer and will host the FYE autograph tent giving fans the opportunity to meet some of their favorite Ozzfest artists. Trojan brand condoms will also have presence in the Village as the official latex condom of Ozzfest. Jagermeister will once again bring the backyard BBQ party back to Ozzfest and prove their commitment to metal music with artist autograph signings and tons of free swag for attendees 21 and over.

Here are the Ozzfest tour dates:

Jul. 15 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center
Jul. 17 - Hartford, CT - Meadows
Jul. 19 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Waterfront
Jul. 21 - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lakes
Jul. 23 - Pittsburgh, PA - Post Gazette
Jul. 24 - Washington, DC - Nissan
Jul. 26 - New York, NY - PNC
Jul. 30 - Chicago, IL - Tweeter Center
Jul. 31 - Indianapolis, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center
Aug. 02 - Columbus, OH - Germain Amphitheatre
Aug. 04 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre