Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Fuck Oasis
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Oasis  (Read 31758 times)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 11:52:23 AM »

unless you think the izzy and I and in fact the same person you need to learn to count.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

It means no one has actually bought their stuff. Somewhat strange for a band thats released so many ''classic'' albums?

Please refrain from talking out of your ass - I don't know exactly how many records Manowar has sold, but you obviously haven't even got a clue. Your claim of them having no fans is simply ridiculous, to the extent that I wonder whether I can be bothered to go on about this. I personally know tons of people who have listened to Manowar at one point in their lives, and if you go to any metal-oriented message board you'll find they are very well known.

Oasis have sold by the shed load, Manowar have sold enough to get 2 people on a message board defending them

Gotta love your sense of logic. Going by that, Manowar is more popular than Oasis because it has two people defending them here, and Oasis only has one.

Another thing, Manowar probably have real fans unlike most of Oasis', who just listen to the latest cool 'indie' sensations like Kasabian, Snow Patrol and Kaiser Chiefs, yeah, they're so energetic and their music defines what rock n' roll is all about  Roll Eyes

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 01:30:23 PM »

Not that I like Oasis or anything but I would take them any day over a bunch of fags dressed in animal skins and singing about the God of Metal.  Manowar?  Try Fagowar!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 01:45:13 PM »

This really isn't a relevant thread is it? Two totally different types of music n two totally different bands.

I've never heard Manowar or heard of em before today but the stuff people have been saying about Oasis I find difficult to believe people really think?

I good album? Try 2 amazing albums 2 very good 2 good and 1 ok (theres 7 in total if you count the masterplan, which is very good, especially considering they're b sides)

I'm pretty sure if Manowar were as good as u seem to think they are they would have sold more records and played to bigger crowds than they have. Oasis have been the most successful chart act in the UK in the last decade and have played to and sold out pretty much every major arena in the world.

That's a hatrick for Doull
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 01:47:07 PM »

It means no one has actually bought their stuff. Somewhat strange for a band thats released so many ''classic'' albums?

Please refrain from talking out of your ass - I don't know exactly how many records Manowar has sold, but you obviously haven't even got a clue. Your claim of them having no fans is simply ridiculous, to the extent that I wonder whether I can be bothered to go on about this. I personally know tons of people who have listened to Manowar at one point in their lives, and if you go to any metal-oriented message board you'll find they are very well known.

Oasis have sold by the shed load, Manowar have sold enough to get 2 people on a message board defending them

Gotta love your sense of logic. Going by that, Manowar is more popular than Oasis because it has two people defending them here, and Oasis only has one.

Another thing, Manowar probably have real fans unlike most of Oasis', who just listen to the latest cool 'indie' sensations like Kasabian, Snow Patrol and Kaiser Chiefs, yeah, they're so energetic and their music defines what rock n' roll is all about? Roll Eyes

Oasis have some of the most 'real' fans in the world who have followed them since day 1.

Just because the band u follow isn't a bunch of fucked up weirdos doesn't make you not a real fan.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 01:57:49 PM »

unless you think the izzy and I and in fact the same person you need to learn to count.

I mistook your first post for sarcasm; what can I say, that's the language barrier for ya. Doesn't really matter much now, does it.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 02:07:24 PM »

Please refrain from talking out of your ass - I don't know exactly how many records Manowar has sold, but you obviously haven't even got a clue. Your claim of them having no fans is simply ridiculous,

rofl

I didn't claim they have no fans - after all - ur a fan, so by ur logic i am denying u exist hihi

to the extent that I wonder whether I can be bothered to go on about this.

U'll be back Cheesy

I personally know tons of people who have listened to Manowar at one point in their lives, and if you go to any metal-oriented message board you'll find they are very well known.

U do? Wow, the prize is in the mail.

One of my female friends went to see them last month in Paris, so they have fans here too Shocked

Gotta confess i am unsure the angle ur working - i know they have fans...the point being....not many

Huh

That made no sense whatsoever....

hihi

Not that I like Oasis or anything but I would take them any day over a bunch of fags dressed in animal skins and singing about the God of Metal.  Manowar?  Try Fagowar!

Expressed with a clarity i could never hope to match.

They are incredibly queer-looking, and while thats okay (i ain't homophobic) it kinda works against the argument they are this sensational band hihi
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 02:10:42 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 02:18:21 PM »

Metallifuck....these last few months the quality of ur posts had been improving....oh dear, back to where we started

Most new Oasis fans are probably 'sheep' who get all of their musical? goodness from MTV2.

U can back this claim up with.......?

Buddy, ur writing nonsense

Oh no...there's more

Another thing, Manowar probably have real fans unlike most of Oasis', who just listen to the latest cool 'indie' sensations like Kasabian, Snow Patrol and Kaiser Chiefs, yeah, they're so energetic and their music defines what rock n' roll is all about? Roll Eyes

Probably? Is that ur word of the day?

Without any evidence u make sweeping generalisations thats haven't a hope of being remotely likely.

Also,

Define a 'real' fan. Go on.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 02:52:41 PM »

rofl

I've come to love the way you argue you always manage to make the other person look ridicously ignorant (including me)

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 03:28:09 PM »

I love oasis and I love their attitude.

Rock n' Roll  Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2005, 03:41:32 PM »

to the extent that I wonder whether I can be bothered to go on about this.

U'll be back Cheesy

Alright, but just this one time...

Gotta confess i am unsure the angle ur working - i know they have fans...the point being....not many

My angle is that Manowar are "recognized", more so than you might realize. By people who really love music. Like I said earlier, Manowar is a dear band to lots of people. I guess there's some nostalgy involved as well. (Man, if I was really talented with English I could try to explain this better.)

In addition, they really have got a lot of classic songs (99% of them written in the 80s), and as long as you can take it all tongue in cheek, you can't help but appreciate their musical accomplishments.

Huh

That made no sense whatsoever....

Heh, it made about as much sense as your original comment. You go on about how no one buys their records, and.. oh fuck, I really don't want to spend time arguing about this hihi

I've come to love the way you argue you always manage to make the other person look ridicously ignorant (including me)

I've seen Izzy spread his own ignorance plenty of times, but to each his own I guess.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2005, 03:54:53 PM »

rofl

smoking Izzy? smoking

I can only work with the material i'm given.

And ur not ignorant so i must have been trying hard that day

ps. cool avatar

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 04:05:10 PM »

Metallifuck....these last few months the quality of ur posts had been improving....oh dear, back to where we started

Most new Oasis fans are probably 'sheep' who get all of their musical  goodness from MTV2.

U can back this claim up with.......?

Buddy, ur writing nonsense

Oh no...there's more

Another thing, Manowar probably have real fans unlike most of Oasis', who just listen to the latest cool 'indie' sensations like Kasabian, Snow Patrol and Kaiser Chiefs, yeah, they're so energetic and their music defines what rock n' roll is all about  Roll Eyes

Probably? Is that ur word of the day?

Without any evidence u make sweeping generalisations thats haven't a hope of being remotely likely.

Also,

Define a 'real' fan. Go on.

I've never heard Manowar anyway, I was just trying to ruffle your feathers, Izzy.

Looks like you've won again!

beer

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 04:13:04 PM »

nothing wrong with any of those bands, yet i dont like Oasis, so what does that make me?...thats just stereotyping

and thus the reason why rock and roll isnt as popular as it used to be, cos rnr fans tend to think its not cool to be popular

im afraid that you have to accept that Oasis (and the other bands listed) are rock and roll whether you like it or not, or should i say indie rock..its a matter of fact

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2005, 04:18:11 PM »

I've seen Izzy spread his own ignorance plenty of times, but to each his own I guess.

Lol - coming from the man that claims the music of an indie rock band can be compared with a dubious semi naked power metal band nervous

The trilogy of Into Glory Ride-Hail to England-Sign of the Hammer reigns supreme over anything Oasis has ever done.

On what criteria are they better? And which Oasis albums do u own that have enabled u to make the comparison? I assume u have heard most Oasis albums from start to finish?

Which do u prefer 'Live forever' or 'All around the world'?

Oasis have rocked the world, Manowar haven't, not sure how a comparison can ever be in Manowar's favour.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2005, 04:41:11 PM »

Lol - coming from the man that claims the music of an indie rock band can be compared with a dubious semi naked power metal band nervous

You've been comparing them plenty as well, so what the fuck. Manowar is a classic band, Oasis is bland pop music. I think the two of us are getting to the point where we'll just have to agree to disagree.

On what criteria are they better?

Well let's see, on the criteria that MANOWAR KICKS ASS! HAIL!! HAIL!! HAIL AND KILL!!!? rant rant rant

And which Oasis albums do u own that have enabled u to make the comparison? I assume u have heard most Oasis albums from start to finish?

Don't be ridiculous. I would never buy that shit Grin

Oasis have rocked the world, Manowar haven't, not sure how a comparison can ever be in Manowar's favour.

You're still going on about sales figures. What a sad man, what a sad point of view.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2005, 05:53:56 PM »

Well, I love Oasis with a firey passion and.. hate all three of the bands you've mentioned.

Oasis are rock n' roll.

You know? I've never even heard a Man O' War track..
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2005, 06:10:21 PM »

They are incredibly queer-looking, and while thats okay (i ain't homophobic) it kinda works against the argument they are this sensational band hihi

Yeah, because a band's image influences how much you enjoy the music, right?  Roll Eyes You're a pop fan in denial. No one but pop fans use the popularity argument, and music lovers don't care about image. Manowar dress that way because they like it, not because they want to "look metal".
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2005, 06:20:12 PM »

MANOWAR KICKS ASS! HAIL!! HAIL!! HAIL AND KILL!!!  rant rant rant

OTHER BANDS PLAY, MANOWAR KILL! WIMPS AND POSEURS LEAVE THE HALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!  rant rant beer smoking hihi

If you guys haven't heard Manowar, you're just missing out. Get Battle Hymns, the first album, since it's full of rocker tracks and not too many epic songs. Manowar vs Oasis is like GnR vs Nirvana. Screw the pop-sheeple and pseudo-intellectual critics, and just crank up the music and bang your head off! It's perfect for driving, too.

http://home.wxs.nl/~verdoore/background3.htm

This linky should be enough to convince anyone of Manowar's greatness. Orson Welles, the man behind the greatest movie ever made, was a fan of Manowar. He lent his voice to the band to be used in Dark Avender and Defender, two excellent songs. It's a shame he died in 1985, when heavy metal was nearing its peak.  no RIP Welles. Hail Manowar!!!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2005, 06:50:20 PM »

Yeah, because a band's image influences how much you enjoy the music, right?  Roll Eyes You're a pop fan in denial. No one but pop fans use the popularity argument, and music lovers don't care about image. Manowar dress that way because they like it, not because they want to "look metal".

you gotta be kidding me...they are a bunch of posers

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: