Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:26:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Fuck Oasis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Oasis  (Read 32067 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2005, 07:56:46 PM »

Here's a much better picture of the Kings of Metal.

There is nothing "poser" about wearing leather if you RIDE MOTORCYCLES. It's done for safety. It's also worth noting that many bands dressed this way in the 80's *cough* GnR *cough*. If a band dressed "alternative" like Oasis do now, they would have been ridiculed then. The cover picture of Manowar Anthology is even laughed at by the band now; it was never taken seriously at all.

The scenes change and fashion changes, but good music is always good music, and Manowar will be remembered as innovators, not a retro Brit-pop band. Bands that only exist to fill a need for music are products by themselves, while truly great bands CREATE a need for new music, like Black Sabbath. By the way, Manowar is very respectful to the creators of metal, just listen to the song Manowar. They are not an arrogant band towards the greater innovators. Oasis is.

For their simplistic look and music, Oasis could use some humility.  Roll Eyes
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2005, 08:23:29 PM »

oasis dress "alternatively"? Man, go to manchester. Thats how they dress.

You say manowar will be remembered as innovators and oasis just as a retro Brit-Pop band; you've nearly got that right. The only thing is manowar won't be remembered in 50 years time.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2005, 12:09:57 AM »

The only thing is manowar won't be remembered in 50 years time.

That couldn't be farther from the truth, but it's not your fault. You're just an ignorant boy posting bullshit on a message board. You simply don't know any better.

And it's not a surprise this conversation is only about Manowar's image, not the music. The majority of you (or should I say all of you?) slagging off Manowar are only doing so because this thread puts 'em against a favorite band of yours. And the only thing you can comment are some pics you found off the internet. What a great basis for discussion/debate.

By the way, in case someone didn't get it, the pic IQ posted is photoshopped.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005, 12:11:46 AM »

Oasis are a cool band who are hitting their straps again after about 8 years mediocrity

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2005, 12:47:14 AM »

Yeah, and Metal-Archives.com has the real picture of them, but it's down now.  Angry I posted the motorcycle one anyway, since it's a better picture.

To split hairs here, I think only classical music is going to get remembered in hundreds of years, but even that will die out when the universe hits its heat death.  Tongue Neither popularity nor longevity determines a music's value. Good music is good music, that's it.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2005, 01:01:44 AM »

Yeah, I fuckin' love this thread.  I can't stand bands that find it necessary to talk shit about others just to make themselves look badass.  Fuck Oasis.  Manowar are really cool guys.  They put on an amazing live show, and they put out some cool albums.  They definitely influenced the power metal movement.  And they got some cool tunes that make me proud to be a metal fan.  They've got some real inspiring songs.  The last time me and my friends listened to Manowar we were ready to win the fucking Superbowl.  Oasis are just another over-rated band who believes their own hype.  And in a fight its no contest.  Manowar would fuck up Oasis.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2005, 05:36:15 AM »

It would be worse if they slagged off a band like Slayer or Megadeth  ok

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2005, 09:42:15 AM »

I'm being totally serious but are the ones on the left and right male or female? Huh

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2005, 10:40:27 AM »

The trilogy of Into Glory Ride-Hail to England-Sign of the Hammer reigns supreme over anything Oasis has ever done.

No it doesn't.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2005, 11:35:18 AM »

That couldn't be farther from the truth, but it's not your fault. You're just an ignorant boy posting bullshit on a message board. You simply don't know any better.

And it's not a surprise this conversation is only about Manowar's image, not the music. The majority of you (or should I say all of you?) slagging off Manowar are only doing so because this thread puts 'em against a favorite band of yours. And the only thing you can comment are some pics you found off the internet. What a great basis for discussion/debate.

You sir are a raging hypocrit. You said on the last page you'd never bought an oasis album and had never heard one all the way through then you have the gall to call me ignorant and say we're only insulting Manowar's image. Bah.
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2005, 01:41:38 PM »

man, those are some gay looking dudes, am sure they get atleast some flak for bring or trying to be metal and end up lookin like that, evn if IQ phtoshoped it Cheesy.....But while i'm not really that hot on Oasis, its near usless to compare them to manowar....two different groups makin completely different music...but manowar doesnt nearly compare to oasis.

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2005, 02:15:28 PM »

You said on the last page you'd never bought an oasis album and had never heard one all the way through then you have the gall to call me ignorant and say we're only insulting Manowar's image. Bah.

The difference is that you can't avoid hearing Oasis. Much like with Britney Spears, I've seen lots of their videos, and I've heard random songs on the radio to boot. Based on that, I can have an opinion on Oasis as well as Britney Spears. How much have you heard of Manowar's music?

And I still do think you're ignorant, especially because you said Manowar won't be remembered after many decades. They've earned their place in metal history, and most definitely will NOT be forgotten. Much like Metallica, their core work remains in the 80s, and even though they haven't made any special albums after that, they still play to big crowds. Not saying they're a stadium band like Metallica, but they play ice halls and headline festivals. That's pretty big considering "they barely have any fans and no one's interested in them".

end up lookin like that, evn if IQ phtoshoped it

OK, since there seems to be some confusion: the three guys on the front have totally different faces, it's not in any way the same people who are in the band. Only the bodies are intact.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2005, 02:43:08 PM »

man, those are some gay looking dudes, am sure they get atleast some flak for bring or trying to be metal and end up lookin like that, evn if IQ phtoshoped it Cheesy.....

uhhh no i didnt photoshop dude...i woulda put a bra and knickers on them and it would have been pish but funny
if you right click on the image and click properties you will find the source of the image...some icelandic site

well is this one better?...well still looks like the Blue Oyster is their regular bar haunt hihi

OK, since there seems to be some confusion: the three guys on the front have totally different faces, it's not in any way the same people who are in the band. Only the bodies are intact.

im sure you are pleased to know that the gayest part of the photo is the real part of the photo Tongue

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2005, 02:56:39 PM »

It's almost as gay as Axl looks in the Welcome To The Jungle video  ok

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2005, 03:26:53 PM »

well let me clarify that, a handful of people will remember manowar. Oasis will be etched in the memory society for generations.

And if you're going to compare oasis to britney then you really need to stop this as thats pathetic.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2005, 03:43:09 PM »

You sir are a raging hypocrit. You said on the last page you'd never bought an oasis album and had never heard one all the way through then you have the gall to call me ignorant and say we're only insulting Manowar's image. Bah.

Indeed, Skeletor's views on Oasis are backed up by having not even heard any music by the group confused Am i right in thinking that can be termed ''speaking out of his ass?''

Now a question for Skeletor: If i were to condemn Manowar having never heard their music (which i have incidently) how would u respond?

Now, consider how that relates to what ur doing,

Feeling a little silly now?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2005, 04:00:19 PM »

Indeed, Skeletor's views on Oasis are backed up by having not even heard any music by the group

What the hell's wrong with your reading comprehension? I just said I've been forced to hear their music by the media. I've heard at least 10 different songs.

Feeling a little silly now?

I do admit I feel silly whenever I find myself "discussing things" with you, seeing as it's a total waste of time.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2005, 04:10:14 PM »

Indeed, Skeletor's views on Oasis are backed up by having not even heard any music by the group

What the hell's wrong with your reading comprehension? I just said I've been forced to hear their music by the media. I've heard at least 10 different songs.

Oh my bad - u see i assumed a statment like this...

The trilogy of Into Glory Ride-Hail to England-Sign of the Hammer reigns supreme over anything Oasis has ever done.

...implied ud heard a bit more than the odd single

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2005, 04:21:51 PM »

^For christ's sake, now you're just nitpicking. The way I formed that sentence, I was simply stating the strong points of Manowar. If you honestly thought I'd heard every song Oasis has ever done, you need a reality check.

The point is, at least I know what Oasis is about and where they stand. The way you and the fish guy were talking earlier implied that you had no clue whatsoever about Manowar. I hope this thread has been at least somewhat educational Smiley

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »

well let me clarify that, a handful of people will remember manowar. Oasis will be etched in the memory society for generations.

exactly ... when you think of the major bands of the 90's then Oasis are certainly top 3 if not number one in the list, and number one definitely in the UK

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: