Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:22:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227849 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Darkness
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Darkness  (Read 28360 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2006, 10:56:48 AM »

They were NOT dropped by their label, that was just a rumor.

i've seen nothing to suggest otherwise and not read a single statement contradicting that. but feel free to provide me one from a decent source.

Provide me with an OFFICIAL source that they've been dropped.

They haven't.

One of the recent press releases:

After Justin saw a doctor last week and was recommended to "cancel all professional commitments or work-related activities", we had little choice but to cancel the band?s appearance at the Skanderborg Festival in Denmark, something that the band hate to do, but having been out on the road constantly for such a long time and having not had any time off over the past three years, that?s what Justin has decided to do and we are all agreed that his health must come first.

As everybody found out today, Justin has been admitted to a rehabilitation clinic. We would however like to make it clear that this emphatically does not signal the end for The Darkness, nor are their label Atlantic Records considering 'dropping' them. On the contrary they have taken up their option with the band and are looking forward to releasing The Darkness' third album in early 2007.

We are not here to comment on Justin's private life - or anyone else's for that matter - but he is feeling better already and as soon as he is ready we will be going straight into the studio to begin recording album number 3.

We hope you would join us in wishing Justin well - and it is for you to judge if a platinum album, headlining and co-headlining sold out shows across the UK, Continental Europe and Australia, etc. to an audience of tens of thousands of adoring fans can ever be considered a failure!

Dan, Ed and Richie
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 11:02:16 AM by Robman? » Logged
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2006, 11:12:14 AM »

thats not recent, justin went into rehab ages ago.

and he quit the band since going to rehab.

the other members have found a new bassist and seem to be forming a new band, according to a post on the new guys myspace blog anyway.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2006, 11:57:12 AM »

You miss the point, they would have announced if this had changed and they had been dropped.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2006, 12:46:18 PM »

You miss the point, they would have announced if this had changed and they had been dropped.

i doubt it, the last thing they would have needed after justin quiting on them was more negative publicity.

the point you've missed is if they hadn't been dropped they'd have issued a statement denying the rumours. but they haven't because there is nothing to deny, the label dumped them.

http://www.atlanticrecords.co.uk/

see the official pages of our artists........ look who's not there.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2006, 01:50:14 PM »

i doubt it, the last thing they would have needed after justin quiting on them was more negative publicity.

the point you've missed is if they hadn't been dropped they'd have issued a statement denying the rumours. but they haven't because there is nothing to deny, the label dumped them.

http://www.atlanticrecords.com/thedarkness

look whos here
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »

True, but the most recent update was almost a year ago at this point.  Is the info still good?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2006, 10:25:05 AM »

A year ago? that thing i posted was from mid-October of this year.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2006, 10:26:53 AM »

When I click on the link you posted, it brought up The Darkness page, and under "Latest," the newest post is dated 1/2/06.  Am I missing something?  (sorry if so)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2006, 10:29:41 AM »

When I click on the link you posted, it brought up The Darkness page, and under "Latest," the newest post is dated 1/2/06.  Am I missing something?  (sorry if so)

well thats the artist page a  the record label - check out www.thedarknessrock.com

thats their official site, run by the label
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2006, 12:16:08 PM »

look whos here

to say some really small bands are on that front page and the darkness aren't it's a safe bet they're gone, the old music is still going to make atlantic records money however hence them having a page to buy it from. the atlantic page hasn't been updated since 2nd january 2006.

and their official site has no webmaster because the record company stopped paying him. so they're not really running it at all.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2006, 12:37:10 PM »

look whos here

to say some really small bands are on that front page and the darkness aren't it's a safe bet they're gone, the old music is still going to make atlantic records money however hence them having a page to buy it from. the atlantic page hasn't been updated since 2nd january 2006.

and their official site has no webmaster because the record company stopped paying him. so they're not really running it at all.

give me a link to a release saying they're dropped.  Smiley
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #171 on: January 01, 2007, 10:42:02 AM »

they're not going to issue a press release saying they're dropped. thats the whole point.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #172 on: January 01, 2007, 11:01:50 AM »

Dropped:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/the%20darkness%20dropped%20by%20record%20label_1010666
http://www.soundgenerator.com/news/showarticle.cfm?articleid=8438
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/tm_headline=the-darkness-dropped-by-label&method=full&objectid=17916345&siteid=94762-name_page.html

The Denial:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/the%20darkness%20deny%20label%20axe_1005950
http://www.therockradio.com/2006/08/darkness-deny-being-droped-by-label.html
http://www.nme.com/news/the-darkness/24016
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #173 on: January 01, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »

notice the dates, the denials came before they got dropped.  ok

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #174 on: January 01, 2007, 11:40:08 AM »

notice the dates, the denials came before they got dropped.? ok

Oh, I'm with you on that...I'm firmly in the "they're dropped" camp at this point.  However, given the back and forth above, I was just posting evidence that goes to both sides...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2007, 11:43:57 AM »

notice the dates, the denials came before they got dropped.  ok

Oh, I'm with you on that...I'm firmly in the "they're dropped" camp at this point.  However, given the back and forth above, I was just posting evidence that goes to both sides...

Yeah, you've convinced me they've been dropped, but I still think they're on the label - I don't know what to believe Huh
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2007, 11:47:45 AM »

Well, the only way to know for sure is to see if a new album comes out this year as they've said.  If so, label, singer, etc. will be announced if and when it happens.

Considering how patient we are around these parts, the wait shouldn't be an issue.    beer
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2007, 11:52:08 AM »

Well, the only way to know for sure is to see if a new album comes out this year as they've said.  If so, label, singer, etc. will be announced if and when it happens.

Considering how patient we are around these parts, the wait shouldn't be an issue.    beer

yeah thats true beer

I gotta get used to calling 2007 'this year' hihi
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2007, 11:54:17 AM »

Well, the only way to know for sure is to see if a new album comes out this year as they've said.? If so, label, singer, etc. will be announced if and when it happens.

Considering how patient we are around these parts, the wait shouldn't be an issue.? ? beer

yeah thats true beer

I gotta get used to calling 2007 'this year' hihi

It takes me a good week to get in the habit...so it goes!

And I do hope the band carries on, I truly do.  I loved PTL, and OWT is still growing on me.  That said, I can't see myself as one of the people who buys an album without Justin.  Maybe I'll be surprised, though...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #179 on: January 01, 2007, 01:06:57 PM »

apparently there will be a new band, with the bassist singing and another bassist who's name i've forgotten coming in.

hopefully the music will stay similar and the fucking annoying vocals will be gone.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: