Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:15:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227849 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Crashd?et
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crashd?et  (Read 35101 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2009, 05:01:08 PM »

http://crashdiet.sc10.se/index.php/listen

check out those 2 new previews.

the new singer sounds like Sebastian Bach, that fuckin kicks ass!

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2010, 07:39:04 AM »

http://www.voltagemedia.com.au/news/2010/03/25/crashdiet-generation-wild

A new review of the album, its an in depth one with proper english. The album sounds like its gonna be great and a return to form!

So it seems like the second coming of the infamous glam/rock has finally arrived with the commercial emergence of Finland's Private Line and Sweden's Gemini Five making strides towards commercial acceptance over the last few years, with various other world class trashy glam bands following in their wake.

One of the bands to emerge from modern day pop culture is Crashdiet. After overcoming their own fair share of hard times with the unfortunate passing of vocalist Dave Lepard, this quartet from Stockholm, Sweden have over come all odds and released the bands 3rd studio album; which has to be the most in depth glam album since Motley Crue's legendary 'Dr Feelgood'.

The first sound which emits from your speakers as Generation Wild kicks off is a 53 second intro consisting of warning sirens... and warning is exactly what you need, as this album will blow your minds and have you calling the authorities for assistance before the end.

Crashdiet's own brand of glam/rock is forced down your throat from the very beginning of 'Armageddon' which starts off with an excellent rhythm section before introducing new singer Simon Cruz. With a catchy chorus and a breakdown to make Twisted Sister quiver in their snake skin boots, this is a great opening track and a welcome introduction to the album.

Gradual drum beats lead you into 'So Alive' which again quickly forms into an impressive mix of glam/rock. With distorted vocals working their way through the verses and clean high pitched choruses. The chorus in this track includes a very quire-esque backing vocal, 'So Alive' is your typical rock n' roll sing-a-long.

Up next is the title track 'Generation Wild'. This track has a very 80's glam rock feel. The chorus is something straight off a Motley Crue album. The title comes to life within the first minute, 'Generation Wild' is like a theme song to a riot, its a tidy rock track with lyrics set to impose anarchy and rebellion into todays kids.

'Rebel' brings the dangerous world of hair metal to life, with everything from the motorcycle engine at the beginning, right through to the fast guitars and constant blasting of symbols, alongside a guitar solo which will bring you sliding back into your childhood days of Skid Row.

The middle of the album is brought about by 'Save Her', which is the closest thing to a glam/metal love ballad as your bound to find. While still incorporating Crashdiet's main influences like Hanoi Rocks and Guns 'N Roses, 'Save Her' has a lighter side than the rest of the album with the inclusion of some very emotional lyrics, and slower breakdowns and verses.

'Down With The Dust' brings us right back into the dirty world of trashy rock. The 7th track on the album is a massive contrast to its predecessor 'Save Her' and will be a Crashdiet anthem in future years. With a very intricately written guitar solo and some pure excellence from the rhythm section, this song will be the one which makes you want to listen to this album over and over again.

'Native Nature' begins with a muffled guitar which introduces the vocals in a quiet 30 second intro, before exploding into an aggressive post-eighties rock song with very Sebastian Bach style vocals, which keeps your heat rate rising right through to the end of the record.

The 9th track on the album 'Chemical' is something different entirely, combining some clean rhythm guitars and vocals to create a song about drug use which can easily be interpreted as a biographical story of the rock n' roll lifestyle, all the while keeping close to the sound which has made this album one of the glam/rock releases of the year.

The second last track on the album, 'Bound To Fall' includes verses which are of a completely different feel to the rest of the track. The choruses in this track are very much of the glam/rock attitude which has been so evident throughout the entire record, yet the verses showcase more of a clean rock feel, as strange as this sounds, it really is a sweet collaboration of the two genres.

This incredible album is brought to a close with 'Beautiful Pain'. An album of this magnitude deserves a great closing track, something which brings the last 10 tracks together and morphs them all into one long outro, and we have that in 'Beautiful Pain'. The last track on the record combines the slower side of Crashdiet with the world class guitar work which we've heard throughout. A perfect close to the record.

With Crashdiet's latest release 'Generation Wild' we've been spoilt with an album that will be sure to revive our love of dirty glam/rock. Simply a must have for everybody.

I've never given a rating to an album before, but I have to give this a 9/10, it's simply astonishing
[/b]

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2010, 07:24:43 AM »

New music video for Generation Wild.

Pretty violent for a music video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSlKQrciTNw&playnext_from=TL&videos=hagl82Vbb_s

Also on there website www.crashdiet.org they have samples of all the new album. It sounds great.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2010, 08:26:59 AM »

New interview with the guys...always giving kudos to GNR...and surprisingly...Nirvana.

Interview: Sakis Nikas, Yiannis Dolas

Rockpages.gr: Guys, first time in Greece. How do you feel about it?

Eric Young: Fucking awesome or as Simon would say: ?Fucking Beautiful?! We are having a good time.

Rockpages.gr: ?Generation Wild? is out now. What can you tell us about it?

Martin Sweet: We worked really hard on this record?so far the reviews I?ve been reading are really positive and the fans have taking on the album really well?it feels great.

Rockpages.gr: In comparison with the two previous records of yours, what?s the main difference of ?Generation Wild??

Eric Young: It?s all the blood, sweat and tears that we shed during the making of ?Generation Wild?. The first album, ?Rest In Sleaze?, was done really quickly?it was hard to make it?assemble the loose parts of it and building the huge monster that people can?t get enough of. This time we were more focused and it is actually something that happens almost automatically?when you?ve been around for some time and tour with certain people, live with them, get to know them?then, you work far better and the good result is obvious. When you listen to the album, you can notice that every single detail is well-crafted.

Rockpages.gr: Many people here in Greece seem to take notice again to the band after a small interval with your second album. The title track of the new album is being played everywhere?

Eric Young: Welcome back, Greece (laughs)! I think that with this album we tried to simplify things and return to a much basic style, like we had done with ?Rest In Sleaze?. We tried to write songs that were honest and not so complicated. In my opinion, ?Generation Wild? is like ?Rest In Sleaze??simple, in your face and pure hard rock!

Rockpages.gr: Simon, how did you end up with these guys?

Simon Cruz: We spoke actually for the first time, right after Dave (Lepard) had passed away?at the time I was in another band?I wasn?t available. So, after things didn?t work out with my previous band, I heard that Crashdiet were looking for a singer?I called Martin did the audition and then went out with him and had a couple of drinks. I got the job and everything worked out really well?the magic was there!

Rockpages.gr:?and just when you thought that these guys are great, they have you killed in the first video!

Simon Cruz: (laughs)

Eric Young: We wanted to show our appreciation (laughs)!

Simon Cruz: Well, it?s a tough job! Well, the concept for that first video is really a combination of various ideas?the torture, I think, shows society?s oppression on one?s life?a society that doesn?t want us to live our lives the way we really want. That led to another concept of the video, the Generation Wild concept. We have this girl who is part of the Generation Wild and tries to live out her fantasies. It?s the combination of the real with the virtual world. The Generation Wild that clashes with the rules of society.

Rockpages.gr: ?Rest In Sleaze? is regarded as a milestone record for hard rock n roll. Did you expect that it would have such an impact and what?s really the special element of that album?

Eric Young: Of course, you don?t know what?s gonna happen with an album. We were sure that we got in our hands something special but you don?t really know how people will react to it.

Martin Sweet: I remember that everybody in the Stockholm area thought of the songs on the album as being brilliant! Everybody liked the attitude and the sound of ?Rest In Sleaze?.

Eric Young: I know that here in Greece but also in Italy people say that ?Rest In Sleaze? is the ?Appetite For Destruction? of the 21st century. I don?t know?it?s fun to hear to such comments! It really warms your heart.

Rockpages.gr: In your opinion, why do you think there are so many and successful bands in Sweden from various musical genres?

Simon Young: Maybe it?s the cold (Laughs)! You sit around, you have nothing to do, grab a guitar, write a song?here you have it! That?s an answer (laughs)! I don?t really know?

Martin Sweet: You have to move your hands to be warm!

Peter London: That?s why everybody plays so fast these days?

Rockpages.gr: How about your favorite albums of all time??

Simon Cruz: Skid Row?s first album.

Peter London: ?Appetite For Destruction? changed my life! It?s just perfect.

Martin Sweet: ?Appetite?? is definitely one of them?but I?d say a KISS album?probably ?Creatures of the Night?.

Eric Young: I?d say Nirvana?s ?Nevermind?. I wouldn?t be here if it wasn?t for Nirvana.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: