Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:56:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 30968 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 02:12:10 AM »

I hope they play fan favorites such as Alive, Even Flow, and Daughter.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 02:40:27 AM »

UGH!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 08:07:37 AM »

I hope they play fan favorites such as Alive, Even Flow, and Daughter.
rofl

All the people commenting Creed are commenting with things that look Bible worthy...what the?

html sucks
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 11:02:32 AM »

WOW CAN'T WAIT !!!...... not really Tongue

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »

With aaaaahms wide opaaaaaahhhn... nervous

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 03:23:01 PM »

D Im with YA, Creed is an awesome band...I agree with the Pearl Jam comparisons though...if Pearl Jam actually had a guitar player who knew how to play I would agree with them even more...So I think both bands have sub par singers although I prefer Stapp, Tremonti blows away whats his name in Pearl Jam, and you guys already know my opinion on bass players and drummers so there is no need for discussion there...

Ill be seeing them in Jersey in August...actually never caught them in their glory days, it was impossible to get tickets back then...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 03:56:53 PM »

It's kinda like this:  Pearl Jam = kobe beef, Creed = McDonalds hamburger.

To say that anyone in Creed is better than someone in PJ is a joke. 

First we have swine flu worries and now Greed reunites, the apocalypse is upon us!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 04:02:58 PM »

It's kinda like this:  Pearl Jam = kobe beef, Creed = McDonalds hamburger.

First we have swine flu worries and now Greed reunites, the apocalypse is upon us!!

not just yet, if the day comes that slash rejoins GNR then all (htgt)hell wuould break loose

i know that'll never happen, chill before u flame  Tongue
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 04:35:57 PM »

I can tell from this post that you never picked up a guitar in your life...because saying the guitar player from Pearl Jam is better than Mark Tremonti is fucking ludicrous. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »

I can tell from this post that you never picked up a guitar in your life...because saying the guitar player from Pearl Jam is better than Mark Tremonti is fucking ludicrous. 

Agree 1 million percent.

Tremonti is a rock GOD. Nothing Pearl Jam have guitar wise would be considered challenging.

Stapp has a bad rep and is kind of an unlikeable dude. but that doesn't take away from the music.

they have sold more records than any other band from the 90's

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 08:24:44 PM »

Agree 1 million percent.

Tremonti is a rock GOD. Nothing Pearl Jam have guitar wise would be considered challenging.

Vedder is a rock God. Pearl Jam are rock Gods, Creed are an annoyance from the 90's.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 11:21:09 PM »

Agree 1 million percent.

Vedder is a rock God. Pearl Jam are rock Gods, Creed are an annoyance from the 90's.

Dude, 2 semi decent albums(Ten and VS) does not make you rock gods...Pearl Jam fucking blows...early 90's alt rock blows..someone get me a flannel and a pair of Doc Martens...Ill meet you at the Starbucks...ok blows might be a strong word...I dont think Pearl Jam blows, but they arent rock gods, ...Nirvana destroys them...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 12:38:42 AM »

Agree 1 million percent.

Dude, 2 semi decent albums(Ten and VS) does not make you rock gods...Pearl Jam fucking blows...early 90's alt rock blows..someone get me a flannel and a pair of Doc Martens...Ill meet you at the Starbucks...ok blows might be a strong word...I dont think Pearl Jam blows, but they arent rock gods, ...Nirvana destroys them...

Nirvana has the simplest riffs ever! I'm not saying they're bad i like Nirvana but saying their guitar work is better then anything McCready or Gossard does is comical. I mean the main riff for Come As You Are is played on 2 strings on the first and second fret... thats it!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 02:09:16 AM »

I mean the main riff for Come As You Are is played on 2 strings on the first and second fret... thats it![/quote
Therein lies its genius.   Degree of difficulty has nothing to do with degree of greatness. Which is way Nirvana is greater than Dream Theatre.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 03:15:49 AM »

Agree 1 million percent.

Nirvana has the simplest riffs ever! I'm not saying they're bad i like Nirvana but saying their guitar work is better then anything McCready or Gossard does is comical. I mean the main riff for Come As You Are is played on 2 strings on the first and second fret... thats it!

oh I never said they were better musicians just a better band...Kurt was a god awful guitar player...but knew what to do with the talent he had...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:59 AM »

I mean the main riff for Come As You Are is played on 2 strings on the first and second fret... thats it![/quote
Therein lies its genius.   Degree of difficulty has nothing to do with degree of greatness. Which is way Nirvana is greater than Dream Theatre.

rofl Not on their best day could they touch Dream Theater. They are on a level musically and lyrically Kurt could never have comprehended.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:18:54 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 04:09:47 AM »

Agree 1 million percent.

oh I never said they were better musicians just a better band...Kurt was a god awful guitar player...but knew what to do with the talent he had...

Oh ok, i misunderstood what you meant. Sorry about that.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 07:12:54 AM »

I like some Pearl Jam songs, but I believe they are one of the most overrated bands ever. They have that "integrity" factor so they get slurped by all these "journalists" who grew up on PJ.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 07:37:58 AM »

Pearl Jam are over-rated. I will agree with that.

And i will also agree with Bodhis point about making 2 decent albums and then a load of shit afterwards....

BUT.....Eddie came first. So its easy to make the comparison.

As for Nirvana? What a pile. Maybe i should become a self hating angsty junkie and pussy rant in my songs which should be comprised of some serious shitty guitar playing and make a few millions then waste my life and enter over-rated for eternity heaven.

Back onto Pearl Jam, i will say they looked like they put on some great energetic live shows back in the day, which always goes down well with me.  Its like Nine Inch Nails, yeah they have some awesome studio work but live, is a totally different ball game, they are fucking brilliant, the aggression is so immense.

html sucks
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 08:24:25 AM »

The fact that you are defending a PJ wanna be band tells me that, other than GnR, you have horrible taste in music.

So the dude can shred, big damn deal.  So do a lot of guys but that doesn't make them good.   McCready has an awesome feel for the music and his solos live are awesome as is the solo at the end of Yellow Ledbetter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: