Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:12:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creed to reunite for new album and tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 31091 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2009, 08:56:42 PM »

Pearl Jam was watered down crap when Ten came out, it was actually the only thing that I agreed with Kurt Cobain on. 

In the early 90s we had bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins etc.

They were followed by bands like Bush, Silverchair and Creed....

The first group of bands brought something "new" to the scene. A scene that wasn't really dominated by these so called alternative bands until they came along.

What the second group of bands brought to the table, I have no idea about...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2009, 09:00:39 PM »

Pearl Jam was watered down crap when Ten came out, it was actually the only thing that I agreed with Kurt Cobain on. 

In the early 90s we had bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins etc.

They were followed by bands like Bush, Silverchair and Creed....

The first group of bands brought something "new" to the scene. A scene that wasn't really dominated by these so called alternative bands until they came along.

What the second group of bands brought to the table, I have no idea about...

/jarmo

yeah I hear ya, I just think all of those bands you listed are atrocious, regardless of who sucked first... especially Soundgarden and Smashing Pumpkins...I just happened to think Creed sucked a little less than the rest of them..It was all crap compared to GNR, Metallica, Megadeth, Aerosmith etc....I never really gave those bands the time of day.  I didnt hate Nirvana or STP, but the rest I could do without..
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:02:14 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2009, 09:03:42 PM »

Yeah I have a friend who thinks SP are the greatest band ever but I absolutely hate them. That song "Today" is the most annoying shit ever.

I don't really relate Creed to "Grunge' they are more Christian/Spiritual Rock than Grunge.

My Own Prison stands right up there with any Nirvana/ PJ song in my opinion.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »

I don't really relate Creed to "Grunge' they are more Christian/Spiritual Rock than Grunge.

yeah thats true..thats part of the appeal of Creed at least for me...a refreshing positive message...not a big thing in the 90's thats for sure.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »

You guys sound like that washed up turd from The Wrestler.  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »

theres nothing cooler than uplifting jesus rock

makes me wanna hold my arms wide open and up in the air to praise christ.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2009, 12:55:45 PM »

theres nothing cooler than uplifting jesus rock

makes me wanna hold my arms wide open and up in the air to praise christ.

Yeah, I really wanna' go out and pay $20 for a band to preach their religious beliefs hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »

It isn't necessarily religious beliefs, but there is nothing wrong with optimism in music and knowing that no matter how far u fall or how shitty life gets, u can overcome it with belief and faith. doesn't have to be in God per se, can be in anything.

That song "One Last Breath" fucking Owns

Find me a guitar part as cool as that
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 02:22:54 PM by D » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »

its funny that some of the most far left liberals on this board are mocking Creed's message...whatever.  Millions of people enjoy their music so leave it at that...These shows will be sold out this summer, it is actually one of the bigger rock stories going right now..if you dont like it dont listen to it.  The funny thing is they are not a christian band.  They are a pseudo christian band at best, still very much a secular band.  And no one is sitting there preaching religious beliefs.  The message is in the music, and people go to these shows and buy these albums in droves.  They know what they are getting...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »

Ive broke my old Creed stuff out today

and some of my faves are

One Last Breath  * i love this fucking song

My Sacrifice

and there is a song on "Weathered" called "Hide" which is one of my favorite songs ever.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »

Ive broke my old Creed stuff out today

and some of my faves are

One Last Breath  * i love this fucking song

My Sacrifice

and there is a song on "Weathered" called "Hide" which is one of my favorite songs ever.

Hide is a really good song...just listened to that the other day...Bullets and Freedom Fighter are cool too...they sound a little in the direction of Alter Bridge...I hope Mark Tremonti brings some of his heavier Alter Bridge style riffs to the new Creed album..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »

its funny that some of the most far left liberals on this board are mocking Creed's message...whatever.  Millions of people enjoy their music so leave it at that..

Millions of people enjoyed the Macarena too!

In my list of second generation bands that do nothing for me, I forgot to add Nickelback. They're definitely up there with Creed.

Boring, boring, boring.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2009, 06:47:08 PM »

I don't like that comparison Jarmo

Macarena is a novelty fun party song. Creed do have some very meaningful, uplifting, spiritual,introspective powerful songs.

Creed are great and popular because they release very broad songs that many different types of people can relate to.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »

its funny that some of the most far left liberals on this board are mocking Creed's message...whatever.  Millions of people enjoy their music so leave it at that..

Millions of people enjoyed the Macarena too!

In my list of second generation bands that do nothing for me, I forgot to add Nickelback. They're definitely up there with Creed.

Boring, boring, boring.

/jarmo

Im with you 1 million percent with Nickelback....boring sums all all of those 90's bands..why does Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins get a pass?  They were allboring...its also the reason Metallica is the number 1 hard rock band in the world for the last 20 years...who has even challenged them?  But all the sales and crap aside, Creed actually sings about interesting inspirational things, while Nickelback sings about wanting a "bathroom they can play baseball in"...i think there is a huge difference...but some dont...I am with you bands like Hinder, Nickelback, Daughtry all that nonsense...I understand Creed gets lumped in with them...but I enjoy Creed so i give them a pass...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2009, 07:54:10 PM »

If u truly listen to Creed's music, I can't see how anybody could lump them in with the other shitty bands from that era.

The guitar playing is top of the line awesome shit. Stapp may be one of the world's biggest douches, but he writes some great damn lyrics and I like his voice personally.

their drummer Scott Phillips is awesome as well.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2009, 07:54:36 PM »

Macarena is a novelty fun party song. Creed do have some very meaningful, uplifting, spiritual,introspective powerful songs.

I agree..everyone liked the Macarena for like 10 minutes...it was a novelty..Creed sold millions of records over a 10 year span, and had several chart topping singles on every album..I believe it is 9 #1 singles at this point..sure to be 10 once the next one comes out....big difference...It funny that of all the 90's bands, the ones who can actually play their instruments are the ones getting pissed on..
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »

If u truly listen to Creed's music, I can't see how anybody could lump them in with the other shitty bands from that era.

The reason they get lumped in is because they were TOO popular...and TOO big..the radio wouldnt stop playing them..anytime something is that popular there is always going to be a backlash...like how much I hate Nickelback...I probably wouldnt hate them so much if they werent on the radio all the time...anytime a band is too huge there is a backlash, unless youre Metallica, everything they do good or bad turns to gold...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2009, 07:59:57 PM »

boring sums all all of those 90's bands..why does Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins get a pass? 

Because they were there at a time when people were listening to bands like Winger!

They offered an alternative to the sugar coated bubblegum "rock" of the late 80s.

Just like GN'R did. But GN'R was a band that was considered a part of that hard rock scene. Rock stars, big hair, leather pants, drinking, drugs etc. etc.

The alternative bands were supposed to be against all that and, just like the name suggests, an alternative to the excess. Something new and exciting.

Creed is not an alternative to anything. They just latched onto a popular genre of music, took it, watered it down and made it into the bubblegum crap that it is.

This shit happens all the time.

You got the first wave of bands and then it's always followed by the "safe" bands your parents can sing along to without offending anyone.

Just like Winger and Nelson were alternatives to the somewhat more authentic bands, Creed and Nickelback are the "friendlier" more commercial alternatives to the bands that came before them.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2009, 08:10:30 PM »

I remember a lot of journalists hated on Pearl Jam when Creed came out saying how Creed are now the band Pearl Jam wishes they could be or something......

I can understand why people love Pearl Jam, I like about 8 songs or so

but Nickelback are horrible and fucking terrible.  I don't see how Creed in anyway get lumped in with them. Creed sing a bout something and have a great message in their stuff, nickelback record the same song over and over and over.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »

Macarena > Creed  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: