Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Elton John
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elton John  (Read 1781 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: February 26, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »

Well..  i have never really been a fan of Elton John. But not long ago i came across the Elton John album, Captain fantastic and the brown dirt cowboy.
This is one of the best records i have ever heard in my life.. I listen to lots off different kind on music. But my favorite is Rock n roll, Metal, Folk and Industrial.
This Elton John album proved that Elton is more then the soft songs he often will be related to. This album is 6 dice from start to stop. Songs like Bitter Fingers, Meal ticket, Tower of babel, someone saved my life tonight, and better of dead are simply amazing.. This is really good rock n roll music!

I hope find more in the Elton John discography that can stand up to this album. I have just started listening to other albums he released back in the 70s, and there
is a lot of potential. I can now really understand why Axl Rose have been inspired by this artist! I first found this album "captain fantastic and the brown dirt cowboy" after Axl played "someone saved my life tonight" as an intro to November Rain.

Amazing! Other people in here who have some Elton tips? Please post them here! Elton Rocks!

Yay!
Nytunz

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »

Hey, I was on a train couple of days ago, listening to Elton John and wondering if I should check this place for a thread about him, or start one myself.

I haven't been a fan either but I heard Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters on Almost Famous -movie and I had to check it out on Spotify. I thought his music is just that pling-plong-love-this-and-love-that -stuff, but it's actually much more. I bought a couple of his albums and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is just fucking amazing. Dirty Little Girl might be my favourite out of the album, it's actually pretty hard rocking song. I never knew this side of this guy even existed. All The Girls Love Alice is an amazing track too. When I told my brother about me listening to Elton and liking it, he actually laughed at me but shut his mouth after I put that record on Tongue

Honky Ch?teau is also a great album, it's the one with MLAMH on it.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:22:53 PM »

I seen him in Vegas twice-he is great-funny in concert-has a great sense of humor

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 11:07:33 PM »

Elton John is very underated in most hard rock circles.  With all the Lion King and Lite Fm nonsense over the past 15 to 20 years people forget that he was once a great rock n roll performer.  His stuff from the 70's and 80's was awesome, and so is a few tracks here and there over the past 15 years or so.  Saw him at the Garden in 05, great show.
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 12:33:52 AM »

Elton John is one of my faovorites. Get Tumbleweed Connection and Yellow Brick Road.

Story: On Valentines day, I saw Elton John/Billy Joel with my family in Oakland. I'm an 18 year old guy, and we have nosebleed seats. But we're all joking like "Oh, who do YOU know to get these seats?" when this guy comes up and asks if I am a fan. I say Yes of course. He then replies that he works for Elton and they have one extra seat in the front row VIP section, along the stage. They needed to fill it up since they were filming and because this guy was a full on boss. So he walks me down, locates my seat and gives me a ticket.

The ticket didn't even have a price.

So here I am, in a Dutch Goose hoodie, leaning against the stage watching Elton and Billy Joel play, surrounded only by family and friends of the band, and a few extremely rich concert-goers.

Needless to say, one of the most amazing nights of my life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »

MAZEL TOV ELTON & DAVID!!!

Sir Elton John and Husband David Furnish Welcome Baby Boy

Sir Elton John and his partner David Furnish have become the proud parents to a baby boy named Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John.

Zachary was born weighing 7 lbs., 15 oz. via a surrogate mother in California on Christmas Day. This is the first child for John, 62, and Furnish, 48. The couple married in 2005 after being together for 12 years.

In a joint statement to Us Magazine, the couple said: "We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment. Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents."

A rep for the couple has stated that John and Furnish intend to protect and respect the privacy of the surrogate and will not be discussing any details relating to the surrogacy arrangements made.

According to the Daily Mail, the couple had first attempted to adopt an HIV-positive child from the Ukraine last year. The adoption, however, was rejected on the grounds of John's age and the fact that the country does not recognize civil marriages. John then made a commitment to support the boy financially.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »

Congrats to Elton, he definitely deserves all of the happiness he can get. He is one of the finest musicians of his generation, pure brilliants.  Smiley

The only down side to this, is that I heard he isn't going to be making any more music. As he wants to concentrate on his child, which is fair enough but still a negative for the world of music really.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: